It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: matafuchs

Everyone IS the same in the military with the right leadership. Black, white, asian, muslim, jewish, christian, atheist, gay, trans, male, female. Same.

Trans begins as a mental issue, and becomes a medical one in the way you're insisting this plays out.

That's twofold combat readiness liabilities.

These aren't safe spaces they'd be getting deployed to.

Quit playing coy and being 100% selfish about this subject for a change. There's just never an ounce of reasonable middle ground with you folks and you act shocked and oppressed that people would push back.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Cool, so if a trans suffers from PTSD, they get the same treatment. But if they aren't found to have PTSD????

Bigger picture indeed.

Based on the definintion of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, any person who was born with a pecker and feels like they should have had a vagina, it very likely to already have PTSD. So long before they ever got the urge to "be all they could be", they had/have a situation that at the very least needs some therapy. Damaged goods before they get to take their first shot. But, hey, as long as the few thousand transgenders who happen to be Gung HO military types can openly join, then use taxpayer money to change their gender, have their uniforms changed, have their housing changed, spend months or years in the hospital instead of serving the country they so vehemently love and want to defend, and you and the other SJW's can feel like you did your civic duty, I think it's super.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Can he do that? I thought the "transgender in the military" thing was a done deal, scheduled to start "like yesterday", but has been delayed.

That was Obama's done deal. Trump just undid the deal.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Does ANYONE else find it a bit ironic...

How a draft dodger is preventing others from serving in the Military?

edit on 26-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Pleased be advised. Like he's writing a business letter.
But hey he signs off Thank you so.....

Does this idiot even have a single clue?

What increased medical cost...what burden?

His goal with these tweets was to trigger the liberals.

Mission accomplished.

Ahhh the ol' "he just wanted to piss people off" routine.

Glad folks are proud of a President that goes out of his way to piss off half his country.

Quite an example to set for future generations!

Can't get along with certain folks/entities?

Troll them! Trigger them!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

it's amazing how anyone who has never served can be Commander in Chief. Like Obama, or Clinton, or Clinton. (Trump included, though he did go to Military school)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
BUT!!!

Don't forget...Trump is totally pro LGBT because he held that flag that ONE time!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And yet, there are plenty of trans people in the military without any major incidents.

Yep, discrimination will always make me push back.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My crystal ball shows either SESSIONS getting fired or quitting TODAY OR... NTY/WaPo is about to drop a damaging story...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Quit playing coy and being 100% selfish about this subject for a change. There's just never an ounce of reasonable middle ground with you folks and you act shocked and oppressed that people would push back.

Truth.

But we have to remember that self awareness is not their strongest suit, as they are too busy playing victim and projecting on to others.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

Cool, so if a trans suffers from PTSD, they get the same treatment. But if they aren't found to have PTSD????

Bigger picture indeed.

Based on the definintion of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, any person who was born with a pecker and feels like they should have had a vagina, it very likely to already have PTSD.

BAAAAAhahahahaha!

I just nearly spat my morning coffee.

Yup any form of body mutilation, like a cow mutilation, has been made psychologically and quite possibly those people are mentally unstable.

^ Read quote in the orange circle^^^
edit on 26-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sure. If you're gonna ban all trans because they might be more prone to suicide, then you need to ban all men because they are more prone to suicide.

Or, you could give trans people the same mental health check you give everyone else, and if they pass, they're in.

No, the ban is for the reasons as stated by the President. The suicide rates and substance abuse is merely more to add to the pile in terms of costs and dangers.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here goes some science, oh that's right SJW's say all science is sexist, but here it goes anyways:

Gender reassignment surgery--a 13 year review of surgical outcomes
PURPOSE: The aim of this study is to thoroughly report on surgical outcomes from 332 patients who underwent male to female gender reassignment surgery (GRS).

MATERIAL AND METHODS: Records from 332 patients who underwent GRS from 1995 to 2008 were reviewed. All patients were submitted to penile inversion vaginoplasty with glans-derived sensate clitoroplasty. Mean age was 36.7 years (range 19-68 years). Surgical complications were stratified in 5 main groups: genital region, urinary tract, gastrointestinal events, wound healing disorders and unspecific events.

RESULTS: Progressive obstructive voiding disorder due to meatal stenosis was the main complication observed in 40% of the patients, feasibly corrected during the second setting. Stricture recurrence was found in 15%. Stricture of vaginal introitus was observed in 15% of the cases followed by 12% and 8% of vaginal stenosis and lost of vaginal depth, respectively. Rectal injury was seen in 3% and minor wound healing disorders in 33% of the subjects.

CONCLUSION: Regarding male to female GRS, a review of the current literature demonstrated scarce description of complications and their treatment options. These findings motivated a review of our surgical outcomes. Results showed a great number of adverse events, although functionality preserved. Comparision of our outcomes with recent publications additionally showed that treatment options provide satisfying results. Moreover, outcomes reaffirm penile inversion vaginoplasty in combination with glans-derived sensate clitoroplasty as a safe technique. Nevertheless, discussing and improving surgical techniques in order to reduce complications and their influence on patient's quality of life is still strongly necessary and theme of our future reports.

edit on 26-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And yet, there are plenty of trans people in the military without any major incidents.

A lack of special treatment is not discrimination.

While expecting the opposite is the absolute essence of Identity Politics.
edit on 26-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
BUT!!!

Don't forget...Trump is totally pro LGBT because he held that flag that ONE time!!!

Oh yeah, you mean this one?

He supports the community for sure! He also wants to do what is best for the military.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I know I was responding to him drying that he can't ban gays. He absolutely can. He'll if he wanted, here could ban women
Jaden

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Wow. Pardon me for commenting outside the parameters of the ideological echo chamber... but there may be more to this...

After the House voted not to block sex reassignment surgery for transgender military, I heard that it was all for political points and was never going to happen. What this person said was that there are lawyers currently preparing class action lawsuits for SRS patients who feel they have been misinformed by doctors and others misrepresenting and glossing over not only the known adverse outcomes for this surgery, but also the many complications of and adverse reactions to long-term use of hormones... this person went on to say that the military could not afford the legal liability -- "deep pockets" -- of even recommending much less offering the treatment/surgery and it would be stopped.

I've been busy and didn't do any follow up, just chalked it up to "interesting" and didn't give it another thought until I heard about Trump's tweet this morning. So I did some checking now and I can't find anything to confirm or even support what this person said, but it's probably worth keeping in mind. What lawyers say is not evidence of anything one way or another... but even broken clocks are right twice a day!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Are they like you and screaming for people to accept their "life choices" and accommodate their needs, or are they doing their job and not asking for special treatment? (Yea, it kind of matters in this case)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are transgenders gay?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'll give Trump this - people are talking about this instead of Russia or Obamacare.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join