It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: introvert

No say whatsoever really.

And yet we are willing to send our children, husbands and wife's half way around the globe to die for what amounts to the whims and demands of the financial institutions and military industrial complex that wags the proverbial political tail.

If that's how freedom and democracy function then something is very, very, wrong indeed. But then again freedom and democracy, just like safety and security, are illusory notions at best.

And this decision plays right in to the political clusterphuck. Freedom and democracy would say that we let people serve that are willing to do so.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

do most Transgender folks wear a "T" on their shirt sleeves, or are they using Tattoos these days?

No, but i'm guessing your the kind of folk to rock a swastika on his.

There are 1000's of transgender individuals currently serving, ones who passed all required tests to serve. They are now being discriminated against because of their gender.

say they are huh? Could you show me where they announced they were Transgender before they joined? If they didn't, then they really don't have a leg to stand on, as you don't. The military is a basic operations kind of thing. Too many moving parts will screw things up. And rather than spend time, money and lives to find a way to cope with the new "moving parts" common sense dictates you remove the offending parts and move the # on.

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU . If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

Exactly right. Goes for new people that want to join too.

As long as you don't spend hours each day with your legs hoisted in the stirrups,
spouting how natural it is to be trans, nobody will suspect you have issues.

Challenging, I know, as is the military life.

# 832
edit on 26-7-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

And yet we are willing to send our children, husbands and wife's half way around the globe to die for what amounts to the whims and demands of the financial institutions and military industrial complex that wags the proverbial political tail.

If that's how freedom and democracy function then something is very, very, wrong indeed. But then again freedom and democracy, just like safety and security, are illusory notions at best.

And this decision plays right in to the political clusterphuck. Freedom and democracy would say that we let people serve that are willing to do so.

Yes, as long as NOTHING affects morale negatively.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No, there are rules and standards that need to be met in order to serve in the military. Freedom and democracy is not about just letting everyone do what they want to do. I am sure many people are willing to be CEO's too.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Are transgendered people prone to substance abuse and suicide?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The military medical purpose is to keep soldiers fit and ready for combat.

Elective surgery for sex change has the opposite effect for service personnel if someone is able to counter that with a logical argument I may change my view.

I think there may be a lot of back and forth on this issue. If the transgender groups back off and stop pushing for elective surgery then they should be allowed to serve in the military, but if not then they should forget it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, as long as NOTHING affects morale negatively.

There are many factors that affect morale. I bet there are many areas more pressing on morale than something like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think there may be a lot of back and forth on this issue. If the transgender groups back off and stop pushing for elective surgery then they should be allowed to serve in the military, but if not then they should forget it.

That I agree with. The military should not pay for those procedures, but they should be allowed to serve if the procedures have already taken place.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Freedom and democracy preach many a thing but the fact is that they do not, have not, and never will, do what it says on the tin down to the problem that said tin contains the ideologies of absolute power, which corrupts absolutely.

End of the day its about control. Control at the expense of the removal of our very basic freedoms, all most on a daily basis, under the guise of maintaining security and our way of life.

The cost through in the end will be our very Humanity(Ability to empathise with others), and once that is lost we are indeed doomed as a species.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Half a term if he's very lucky.
Less if he's not.
Come on.
It's written on the page already.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EchoesInTime

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

It's about a lot more than that. Im sure there are 6 year olds who might be just as devoted. Should we let them in?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Does being Transgender have any emotional baggage with it? I mean other than feeling like God shafted you and made you with the wrong parts. See, if you have emotional issues, and need therapy, it's not a crime, it's a thing that needs attention. And that kind of attention is not what the Military needs, they need soldiers who can follow orders and not have emotional baggage.

I'd love to see just how many Trans people were seriously considering joining the Military, and now feel they were done wrong, as opposed to how many weak ass SJW's that are OUTRAGED for their perceived injustice.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If has already taken place before they joined and they can get through basic and AIT then good for them. The one thing I think could influence that is if they plan to continue hormone therapy, but that is a medical issue I am not qualified to speak on.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Men commit suicide more frequently than women. I think we should ban men from the military. Too risky.

How many men come back from tours of duty with depression, anxiety and other mental problems?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If has already taken place before they joined and they can get through basic and AIT then good for them. The one thing I think could influence that is if they plan to continue hormone therapy, but that is a medical issue I am not qualified to speak on.

Like I said, if they are willing and able, let them serve.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheTory

Men commit suicide more frequently than women. I think we should ban men from the military. Too risky.

How many men come back from tours of duty with depression, anxiety and other mental problems?

LOL, and you still just aren't quite quick enough to get the bigger picture.

Soldiers who are in combat sometimes have PTSD, it's a big thing, perhaps you have heard about it. So now you want to have people who likely have PTSD due to their differences and have yet to ever pick up a weapon. Stupid much?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The ban was never lifted. It was signed in 2016 and given a year to review. Mattis announced last month that he was delaying enactment of the plan to begin allowing transgender individuals to join the US military. The media was too busy covering Russia to mention it.

The military is about everyone being the same not looking for an identity. It took O till his last year in office to propose the lift and I will guarantee it was for votes...and it did not happen.

Why? Because the majority of LGBT people want to be left alone and simply live their lives.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah it's all about hair bows and mascara .
Our military doesn't have different uniforms for men and women. There are no Wacs or Waves anymore and women aren't going in to be Clara Bartons.
You are hopelessly archaic in your thinking.
I know quite a few women who fought in the dessert and lead men.

Not all the uniforms are the same - gender neutral uniforms have still not been fully implemented.
Its not all about uniforms anyway.
More about stupid demands for medical bills for sex changes and of course the ridiculous new 'training' that was to be forced on military personal to 'understand' their transgender colleagues. It's a nonsense that has thankfully been shut down.

thehill.com...

Common sense prevails over pc lunacy.

LOL looks like the men are wearing the uniforms initially designed for women. Roomier in the bust, hips and crotch.
So much for that argument.
Hey there are trannys in your military...

www.stripes.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know I've had a change of heart and thank you Mr President. Thank you for allowing our Trans service members to come home to their families. Now all the "tough macho" couch warriors and Trump supporters can take their places and go fight and die in your imperialist wars at the behest of corporations and bankers.

MAGA

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So what happens to these soldiers with PTSD? Do we let them go on more tours of duty once they are diagnosed?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join