It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think it is...

Isn't it unconstitutional to discriminate for that reason???

Sex, age, race, religion and sexual orientation???

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Can he do that? I thought the "transgender in the military" thing was a done deal, scheduled to start "like yesterday", but has been delayed.

You really need to ask if he can do that?
He is the Commander in Chief.....yes, he can do that.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

A lot of young people join the military for benefits and g.i bill to help pay for college.

A majority of transgender people would join just to have "free surgery" that they would not get otherwise and not really be commited to the service of our country. IMO

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

He was cool with transgender bathrooms....

I think a lot of people voted for him because they thought he would be a moderate.

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What a load of bull. Transision doesn't equal plastic surgery. It's obvious that you don't have a clue what being transgender even means. No surprise there.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
When the LGBT community was protesting Trump, all the Trump supporters said, "why in the world are they protesting? Trump said he would support them, he even held up the rainbow flag for God's sake!"

This is why. Trump has zero support for the LGBT community. Zero.

Nice lie and you're wrong but please if it makes you feel better please keep continuing to believe in your delsuions. Wow people are so far moved from reality it's downright scary.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is a tweet, it is nothing of substance, it is his opinion, lets see a bill, or an EO before we sound the alarm that he is a (insert flavor of the month insult here).

Like everything else in the govt making sweeping proclamations makes for great headlines for someone, but there will need to be reams of paperwork done before he can make that a reality.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You know people could do both right??

That almost no one is a one issue person..

That is like saying that no one who considered the gi bill or the great insurance is a benefit can love and be devoted to his country...

That is a ridiculous logical fallacy..

One wouldn't say anything about the other...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

He's "Commander in Chief, not KING or GOD. He can't, for example, declare war. He can't deny gays the right to serve in the military. He can't touch military spousal rights.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't think it is constitutional reguardless..

This is both sex and sexual orientation.. both illegal to discriminate over.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

He can declare war..

He could nuke the planet with basically no oversight..

Gotta love that 7 min launch window.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

When the LGBT community was protesting Trump, all the Trump supporters said, "why in the world are they protesting? Trump said he would support them, he even held up the rainbow flag for God's sake!"

Which has nothing to do with a decision about the military.
Typically, you falsely insinuate that a decision to remove transgenders from the military means ant-transgender 'everything'.
It's about time standards were re-installed. Women should be removed from the front line too.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I disagree. He's friends with Dennis Rodman, and Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and probably many more. I don't think he has anything against transgenders but just wants what is best for the military and country.

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Nice lie and you're wrong but please if it makes you feel better please keep continuing to believe in your delsuions. Wow people are so far moved from reality it's downright scary.

Which part is a lie? That Trump expressed his support for the LGBT community? That he held up the rainbow flag? That the LGBT community protested right after he was elected? That he just tweeted his non-support for trans in the military (even if they fully qualify the same as everyone else)?

link   

All the trump supporters didn't say that, but trump did and ALOT did vote for him to drag the GOP to the center on social issues..

Trump was 100% pro transgender bathrooms..

But from what I have see. The majority of republicans ignored him on that issue.. like so many others.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't think it is constitutional reguardless..

This is both sex and sexual orientation.. both illegal to discriminate over.

What about the mental status of an individual who is on these hormones to change their gender? Do these drugs effect the mental status enough to be of concern to those they are fighting beside?

These drugs do effect your thought process.

+28 more 
link   

I would love to know how the conversation with his Generals went that led him to make that decision - I have a feeling it ain't all about the $$, I bet there were some colorful comments from those career militaries who are used to running a war machine and not a fashion parade.

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I do not know if constitutional validity will come into play, but we already have laws on the books regarding discrimination that should shoot down any order given in regards to this.

Unless the Military can come up with a compelling argument that would hold up in any district court on why transgender should not be in the military (not going to happen), this will be dead in the water before it even starts.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

He is trying to drag the story away from Russia and energize his base..which the majority of are anti everything gay or trans..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This has been my thinking all a long. Too many folks looking for free surgery and not to fight for their country. Why on Gods green Earth we should be using tax dollars for elective surgeries is beyond me.

I dont have a problem with trans in the military, if theyre their to be all they can be and fight with their unit rather than looking for a new unit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join