It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: TheTory

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump has done nothing to fight for the LGBT community. As a matter of fact, his administration has only done things to specifically hurt the LGBT community.

He's killing ISIS, the same ISIS that walked into pulse nightclub and massacred 50 members of the LGBT community.

So? What does that say to the 1000's of transgender folk that are currently also fighting ISIS. Actually, who are really fighting ISIS. Trump isn't putting his life on line and isn't fighting anyone but Democrats, and never served military himself.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Illinois:
In a statement following the ban, Duckworth, a combat veteran herself, said, "When my Black Hawk helicopter was shot down in Iraq, I didn't care if the American troops risking their lives to help save me were gay, straight, transgender or anything else. All that mattered was they didn't leave me behind."
She added, "If you are willing to risk your life for our country and you can do the job, you should be able to serve—no matter your gender identity, sexual orientation or race. Anything else is discriminatory and counterproductive to our national security."

Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Massachusetts:
Speaking on the House floor, Kennedy said in response to Mr. Trump's tweets, "When our bravest men and women raise their hand and volunteer to defend our nation, they defend all of her people. Rich and poor, young and old, democrat and republican, gay and straight. Americans of all races, religions, ethnicities, gender identities. Our soldiers do not discriminate. They don't offer to pay the ultimate sacrifice for some Americans and not for others. Their government owes them that same courtesy."
He added, "To the thousands of brave transgender men and women serving today in uniform, please know that a grateful nation does not take your service, your patriotism for granted. you deserve better from your president, you deserve better from your government, you deserve better from your country."

www.cbsnews.com...

I can't wait for the White House Press briefing today. I wonder how Sarah H Sanders will spin what message this sends and what is supposed to happen to the 1000's of trans men and women currently serving.

Easy reply:
"They can follow orders and keep their lifestyle choice to themselves or they can be thrown out".

What makes you think that that isn't already the case?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: UKTruth

A woman can pull a trigger as well as any Man can, so can a child for that matter.

As to physical combat well that's certainly not all about power and weight, ive seen a 5ft 7inch female put a 6ft 5inch Man on his arse and then proceed to dance on his head simply down to being angry.

If a woman can pass the physical tests, including endurance tests then fine.
What is not fine is lowering the standard of the tests to accommodate more women who are not able to pass the current tests. That is what is happening in the UK and will become the new reduced standard in 2019.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Trump has done nothing to fight for the LGBT community. As a matter of fact, his administration has only done things to specifically hurt the LGBT community.

He's killing ISIS, the same ISIS that walked into pulse nightclub and massacred 50 members of the LGBT community.

So? What does that say to the 1000's of transgender folk that are currently also fighting ISIS. Actually, who are really fighting ISIS. Trump isn't putting his life on line and isn't fighting anyone but Democrats, and never served military himself.

In a statement following the ban, Duckworth, a combat veteran herself, said, "When my Black Hawk helicopter was shot down in Iraq, I didn't care if the American troops risking their lives to help save me were gay, straight, transgender or anything else. All that mattered was they didn't leave me behind."
She added, "If you are willing to risk your life for our country and you can do the job, you should be able to serve—no matter your gender identity, sexual orientation or race. Anything else is discriminatory and counterproductive to our national security."

Speaking on the House floor, Kennedy said in response to Mr. Trump's tweets, "When our bravest men and women raise their hand and volunteer to defend our nation, they defend all of her people. Rich and poor, young and old, democrat and republican, gay and straight. Americans of all races, religions, ethnicities, gender identities. Our soldiers do not discriminate. They don't offer to pay the ultimate sacrifice for some Americans and not for others. Their government owes them that same courtesy."
He added, "To the thousands of brave transgender men and women serving today in uniform, please know that a grateful nation does not take your service, your patriotism for granted. you deserve better from your president, you deserve better from your government, you deserve better from your country."

www.cbsnews.com...

I can't wait for the White House Press briefing today. I wonder how Sarah H Sanders will spin what message this sends and what is supposed to happen to the 1000's of trans men and women currently serving.

Easy reply:
"They can follow orders and keep their lifestyle choice to themselves or they can be thrown out".

I suspect in the vast majority of cases it is - so no problem then, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Being trans has nothing to do with serving in the military either.

They're archaic prejudicial views of the ignorant.

Look who's just been outed...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Never understood why something like being gay, transgender, etc ever really mattered when it came to military service.

If someone wants to serve our country, let them serve.

We should honor those that are willing to do so and it seems counter-intuitive to alienate a portion of society for political purposes.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And a win for the bad guys, , the news was quoting that about 2500 americans will lose there jobs and benefits in the millitay, god bless murika :dn

So 2500 people are openly transgender and in the military? It's a shame they didn't use a bit of common sense and just keep their sexuality issues to themselves, then they could remain employed in the military. But if being "out of the closet" is more important, then I guess they get to reap the rewards of making that choice.

Lol, emotional charged words to try to make your side look good, the loses are pilling up and thats the win you guys have ehheeh.

F YEA

link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Easy reply:

If there's no problem, why does tRump want to reverse the ban?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: EchoesInTime

SHOCKER! Donald J Dump is out of step with the majority of Americans! Who would have guessed THAT? Oh right, anyone who's ever listened to the our Commander in Denial speak. No big deal, in the long run - but for now another insult to some Americans who want to serve our country. Trump's setting the county up for the biggest liberal swing in history in 2018, 2020 and beyond.

Trump is Trash

Worst. 'president'. EVER!

Keep thinking that and you will lose again and again and again. Still don't getting it. What a shame now that the DNC is about to be obliterated. Good luck picking up the pieces and putting them back together to form a new and better party. I'm sincere btw. Get rid of Hillary and all her other cronies and reset the whole thing.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So what about those who have already had sexual reassignment surgery? They're ok cuz they won't need the surgery on the govs dime?

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Being trans has nothing to do with serving in the military either.

They're archaic prejudicial views of the ignorant.

Look who's just been outed...

Archaic? You might want to check the dates on the rules Trump has just reversed.

...and yes being trans DOES have a lot to do with serving in the military - in so much as they now can't. I thought that was clear.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So his comrades have something else to talk about instead of the usual.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
and dont give me the physical test phony baloney. What physical test is needed for a trans person to sit at a desk and fly a drone? Or sit at a desk and hack NK and Iran. This is a culture war plain and simple. Id have more respect if folks would just be frank with their points.

You dont want a trans person in the military because they give you the heebeejeebees

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Never understood why something like being gay, transgender, etc ever really mattered when it came to military service.

We should honor those that are willing to do so and it seems counter-intuitive to alienate a portion of society for political purposes.
I would say it is divisional to either side/group, straight or gay.. However I maintain agreement with President Trump.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

They're not paying for a sex change.

Why should the military pay health care to someone who smokes.
It's their lifestyle choice to smoke.

Why should they pay for ills from alcohol consumption or poor eating habits?
Completely preventable with the right choices.

But transgender isn't a life style choice.

Being transgender is most certainly a lifestyle choice. That is a fact. Not an opinion.

So is getting married and having kids. But I believe the military pays for a soldier's dependants? Should we also ban married people and people with kids? Too much expense.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Easy reply:

If there's no problem, why does tRump want to reverse the ban?

Because a few social justice warriors tried to push it too far and force the military to take care of medical bills including gender reassignment.
Now we're back to transgenders keeping their lifestyle choices to themselves and getting on with obeying orders and doing their jobs, as I suspect the majority do anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Lets face it through there is far worse transpiring regarding our diminishing effective fighting force than just test scores being manipulated to allow more Woman in to the the armed forces of our nation.

Christ we don't even properly equip the soldiers on the field adequately. Half there kit is antiquated rubbish that has seen far better days never mind the fact that our communication systems have to be supplemented with civilian mobile technologies to function effectively in many an area around the globe.

Sad state of affairs really, but then nether should our forces be engrossed in conflicts on other continents fighting or supporting proxy wars on behalf of banking houses and Tory gooberments.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yeah it's all about hair bows and mascara .
Our military doesn't have different uniforms for men and women. There are no Wacs or Waves anymore and women aren't going in to be Clara Bartons.
You are hopelessly archaic in your thinking.
I know quite a few women who fought in the dessert and lead men.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: introvert

I would say it is divisional to either side/group, straight or gay.. However I maintain agreement with President Trump.

I can agree with that. The Right Wing has traditionally been very anti-gay, anti-transgender and I could see why they would not want their beloved military to include those they hate. So decisions like this only serve to further divide people.

That being said, I think this is a wrong decision.

If someone wants to serve, let them serve.

link   
Does anybody really believe that Transgenders in the military is a top 10 pressing concern for the military?

Is it even in the top 100 of things the military are worried about?

Of course not. Racked up against all of the other things the military are worried about and having to deal with, this is a total non issue.

Does anybody really seriously think generals are going into meetings with the President and saying well Mr President in amongst our wars and providing for our troops and managing supply lines, what we really want you to deal with is all these Transgender folks in uniform, they're really messing things up.

So what is this really about?

Why has the President decided to pick a fight over an intensely divisive subject?

Why does he want to further inflame an already heavily divided nation?

Why is he pouring gasoline onto the fire?

link   

So what about those who have already had sexual reassignment surgery? They're ok cuz they won't need the surgery on the govs dime?

I don't care. The Transgender community is just a minority and you have to adapt what the majority demands or leave the country. That's life and life is not always fair. I have no problem with transgender people but if you transform it into an entire life style and promote it in such a way that it even appeals to children i draw the line right there. Quit living in fantasy land and join the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join