It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It kinda does, man without Adam's apple ? Woman in disguise, woman with Adam's apple, man in disguise. a reply to: daskakik

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Obviously the LGBT community can't decide what they want to fight for. They need Trump to tell them what is legit.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then all he would have to say is trans people are welcome to join up, but the military won't pay for sex change operations.

This is what happens when you push too far - equal and opposite reaction.
Hopefully it will be a learning process for those on ridiculous crusades.

It must burn you up inside that the UK has an open door to transgender people.
Angry hate filled little man.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Not all men have prominent adam's apples.

Besides, if they are trans men dressed as men or trans women dressed as women, how would you tell?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I have already covered this. If they can meet the requirements, they should be able to join. Simply being transgender should not be a factor to those requirements.

Have you ever served in the military?

I, too, have already covered some of the limiting issues, such as asthma, or heart conditions, or osteoporosis, or myriad other issues that one cannot control, that keep you from initial acceptance into the military.

I, too, have already covered the fact that there are myriad ways that one can be adminstratively "chaptered" out of the army as well, from patterns of misconduct, to becoming pregnant (a voluntary chapter...men don't have a voluntary chapter *gasp*), to failing to have a family-care plan if both parents are in the military, to having diagnosed physical or mental disorders.

So, I get the feeling that you are woefully ignorant (not in a derogatory way) to the factors that can disqualify one from military service, or for the true reasoning behind such factors.

In the spirit of honesty, I would like to say that I agree with your above quoted statement, but reality dictates that there are limitations to such voluntary service, even if there is disagreement as to why they exist (like me, with asthma, who had to fudge the truth in order to serve).

link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Why do you care so much about how other people look?

The question to be asking is why are SJWS fighting creating a new victim class to 'work' in a entity they otherwise hate the ever living hell out of.

If they had their way the US military wouldn't exist to begin with.

Politics has already destroyed this country. It's invaded every facet of our lives, and has done NOTHING of any good.

The military has only one function to fight wars, and kill whoever politicians say to.

Then end.

edit on 26-7-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump has done nothing to fight for the LGBT community. As a matter of fact, his administration has only done things to specifically hurt the LGBT community.

There isn't anything to fight for.

Then why did he tweet he was going to fight for them? Could it be... he's just a liar with a big mouth? And if he is just a liar with a big mouth, why should we believe anything he says?

Perhaps when and if they have a legitimate fight, he will support them?
So far there is nothing stopping them living their lives the same as anyone else.

They are unable to align themselves as transgender and apply for a military role.

No one else is allowed to align themselves as transgender and apply for a military role either.
They are however perfectly allowed to just apply and leave transgenderism out of the equation - just like everyone else.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I agree with Trump on this one, we need a tough military that has good tough people who run at the enemy, not one who will be skiping towards them sprinkling rose pedals and wearing a dress and a beard

Go ahead and call me what you want

edit on 26-7-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

link   
I can't wait to see this on the front lines!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ok. Get a clue. Women and men can both be tough.
Betting my friend Jill could kick your ass and she was born with her vagina.
Give us all a break..

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Pleased be advised. Like he's writing a business letter.
But hey he signs off Thank you so.....

Does this idiot even have a single clue?

What increased medical cost...what burden?

His goal with these tweets was to trigger the liberals.

Mission accomplished.

link   
I will have to agree with Trump on this one. There is enough to deal with as it is without having to add more stress in the mix. We had a gay guy in our platoon in basic and people talked about it a lot so it is definitely a distraction. Everyone felt uncomfortable around them and there were quite a few guy's who did not shower as often because of it.

It is a sick feeling IMO when you keep catching a guy staring at you or "accidentally" brushing up against you when it was clearly done on purpose. People can say all they want that not all gay's are like that, and maybe they all aren't, but in my experiences, 100% have been. This guy never admit he was, but we all knew clearly knew it. If they are openly allowed in the military then they will push it even further, knowing that they wont get kicked out for it.

On a side note, I have no issues with them UNLESS they talk or flaunt it around me.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree, told the wife when we discussed it.. If you cannot do the job the military pays you to do (the trans at McConnell in a flying position) because of this choice, it should either be an immediate cross train to where the military needs bodies, or shown the door.

If it is a position that can still be done during the transition I am rather meh on.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Actually, it should be more than that.

The military shouldn't pay for it nor should they allow it.

Surgery equals down time. It is about being combat ready.

I did have a friend that got sniped because he didn't want any more kids and he had that done while on leave on his own dime. That even caused problems with infection and he missed a few field deployments. I think he even got an article 15 for it.

If it was as simple as they want to be able to serve their country then I wouldn't argue it, but those trying to push and game the system have cast a bad light on them and it looks like their community didn't try to reign itself in.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I agree with you and Trump. The military is for directing our interests and policy with violence and action in the most efficient way possible. Spending time and money on sensitivity training, hormone therapy and dancing around words for the sake of people's emotions .

Man our POTUS is like one of the top 3 best Presidents ever! It is good to have a man in charge that understands how sensitivity issues make no #ing sense in the armed forces. Anybody that wishes to start some social crusade is welcome to do it in the civilian world with kickstarter/gofundme social media and/or a bullhorn on the street.

Trying to take it to the armed forces, and IMO those responsible deserve the humiliation of their moronic attempts at social conditioning within the institutions who's mission is to protect our borders and economic system by destroying our enemies and maintaining the stability of our economy through policy action.

Now let me read this thread since its going to be hundreds of pages by tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU. If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

Pretty much how its been and continues to be. Some keep it personal, as it should.
edit on 26-7-2017 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So there are 40-42 transgender people who have maybe had their treatments paid for by the US military.

That's what, maybe less than one percent of the cost of one fighter plane? An insignificant amount of money in the face of total military expenditure.

Yes, there are clearly strong economic arguments against allowing this insanity to continue.

Or maybe, just maybe, Trump is manipulating people into not thinking about yesterdays defeat in the Senate...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

do you feel "dirty"?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This may be so, but to be fair, the LGBT community can't always be the center of policy, either.

In this instance, apparently after discussing with military leaders, he has determined that it is in the best interest of the military not to openly allow transgender people to join the ranks.

Heaven forbid he does something after consulting with those who command the armed forces that doesn't kowtow to LGBT people--they can't always be the center of the universe when it comes to decisions, and maybe I'm biased being a veteran, but the well-being of the military should always be considered before political correctness.

Others are right in this thread: Military service is not a right, it's a privilege, and while I believe that the military could adapt to transgender people in their ranks relatively well, I can also see why leaders and Trump would also hold the opinion that it could also be detrimental to the mission, and in the military, the mission always comes first.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Pleased be advised. Like he's writing a business letter.
But hey he signs off Thank you so.....

Does this idiot even have a single clue?

What increased medical cost...what burden?

His goal with these tweets was to trigger the liberals.

Mission accomplished.

Ahhh the ol' "he just wanted to piss people off" routine.

Glad folks are proud of a President that goes out of his way to piss off half his country.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join