It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Well it looks like some of my friends who have families are about to lose their jobs and health insurance. Oh wells life goes on I guess, sucks to be them.

You mean they'll have to pay for their own sex change surgeries and hormone therapies ? Awww ...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump has done nothing to fight for the LGBT community. As a matter of fact, his administration has only done things to specifically hurt the LGBT community.

There isn't anything to fight for.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

which is my point. If you can convince the recruiter you are a good fit for the military, and you can pass all the requirements, super, be a soldier. But if you join, then decide you want everyone to hug you and embrace your new life choice to become the opposite sex while you are a soldier, you need to leave first. I am willing to bet there are at least a few serving right now that have dreams of being Chelsea Manning, but if they want to stay on active duty, they need to STFU until they are out.

Again, why is this such a hard concept to grasp? It's not hate, it's common sense.

link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Well it looks like some of my friends who have families are about to lose their jobs and health insurance. Oh wells life goes on I guess, sucks to be them.

You mean they'll have to pay for their own sex change surgeries and hormone therapies ? Awww ...

Every other day of the week they say we spend too much on the military.

Except when it comes to free sex changes.

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This thread is funny

Quite a number of folks are oddly obsessed with the private lives of free and consenting adults

Where did the transgender people touch you at?

While your observation is right, and while you are right, it is also the precise reason Trump's disruption argument is a valid one.

For whatever reason the notion of transgenderism really do seem to be disruptive and while you could rightfully argue that that is something that must be fought, then perhaps the military is not the right battlefield for this.

(yes, I am a sucker for puns. I call them suckerpuns.)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Trump has done nothing to fight for the LGBT community. As a matter of fact, his administration has only done things to specifically hurt the LGBT community.

Somehow I have heard that song before....

Question, when will everyone who isn't LBGTXYZ finally have done enough to satisfy the LBGTXYZ community? I have a funny feeling NEVER!! It is never going to be enough because in your eyes everyone who doesn't agree with you is against you.....This is what is hurting your cause.....Shame.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with Trump's support for the LGBT community, or lack thereof..

Some people just find any reason...

But seeing how entitled that group is, and given the great opportunity for the media to spin this as such, I expect major backlash in the form of "Trump is anti-LGBT!"

Que in 3.. 2..

Oh wait too late.. we about 13 pages deep of that already... and counting.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

He's killing ISIS, the same ISIS that walked into pulse nightclub and massacred 50 members of the LGBT community.

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Liquesence
Some of us are commenting logically. Just saying.

And also, "support" isn't necessarily synonymous with unfettered liberties to do any and all things one's heart desires.

I support my son and daughter 100%, but we still have house rules that prohibit them from doing some things that they really want to do.

I have already covered this. If they can meet the requirements, they should be able to join. Simply being transgender should not be a factor to those requirements.

unfettered liberties to do any and all things one's heart desires.

Hyperbole.

link   
a reply to: Painterz
Why would a Scotsman be concerned what happens in the United States I wonder ?

link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

originally posted by: Liquesence
Funny how, after posting the 2016 tweet of Trump saying he supported the LGBT community, instead of talking about how he lied when he said it (based upon his tweet today), the usual crowd is here to bash transgenders and switch the narrative back to blame transgenders.

Well done.

Deflect from the liar-in-chief.

He does support LGBT people, just not in the military and rightly so.

Currently L, G and B are not subjected to the same ban as T... do you agree? Why did Trump stop there?

Hell why stop here... should they be allowed to vote? White males only for that... right?

I can't believe how many ill-informed, backwards people are still on here, absolute scum.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Liquesence

You can support LGBT folks and the military at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive ideas.

Somebody who can spend the entirety of their enlistment in a non-deployable status isn't much of an asset to anybody, are they?

This is my biggest thing with the entire idea, I could honestly give a flip.

But if you are non-deployable you are about as useful as a poop flavored lolly pop, add into the stigma that comes with the change, that person is going to be harassed 9 ways to Sunday because they are a drain on the unit cohesion, morale, and capabilities.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Then why did he tweet he was going to fight for them? Could it be... he's just a liar with a big mouth? And if he is just a liar with a big mouth, why should we believe anything he says?

link   
Im torn on this..

On one hand... Guy who faked foot injury so that he could avoid serving, is denying Americans the opportunity to serve. I find that laughable

At the same time.... It means less people will have to fight a war for the top 1% of the top 1%. So in the end, they should consider themselves lucky they arent going to be on the front lines fighting a meaningless war for a fat cat billionaire.

But again- Im torn, cause .... They want to serve our country, and we're blacklisting them for it???? It dont compute

link   
a reply to: TheTory

Why not?

How else is someone supposed to know if a soldier is transgender if they don't say anything?

link   
Man you should read some of the SJWs on twitter going bat snip about this ha.

Okay tinfoil hat on, is there anything we should be focused on, that now because of this tweet that will literally shake the world, we are not looking at ?

Coz this sure is going to be a major distraction for the next couple of days.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's all in the Adam's apple man. a reply to: daskakik

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The military should not be paying for sex changes. The military medical is supposed to be for keeping the soldiers combat ready. They did let a few minor things slip as perks, but if the LGBT community was trying to force the military to pay for their sex change then they stepped over the line.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Then why did he tweet he was going to fight for them? Could it be... he's just a liar with a big mouth? And if he is just a liar with a big mouth, why should we believe anything he says?

Perhaps when and if they have a legitimate fight, he will support them?
So far there is nothing stopping them living their lives the same as anyone else.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Somehow I have heard that song before....

Question, when will everyone who isn't LBGTXYZ finally have done enough to satisfy the LBGTXYZ community? I have a funny feeling NEVER!! It is never going to be enough because in your eyes everyone who doesn't agree with you is against you.....This is what is hurting your cause.....Shame.

Yeah .... why aren't they happy that they are ALMOST treated the same as white males.

Why can't all these other genders and races be just happy with what they've got.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join