It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: network dude

Why don't you fight the same battle for blind people who want to be pilots?

Hmmm. let's look, sensors, instruments, autopilot, autolanding, synthetic voice warnings. Maybe for a few billion in changes and extra cost, we can get some blind people certified.

I wonder if the others on the flight crew and passengers will trust in it.

and yet, here we are discussing why someone should join the military so they can have their pecker snipped off on Uncle Sam's dime. SMFH

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

11,000 trans soldiers?!?!?!

That puts the American Military in a whole new light.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: marg6043

Maybe women shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military, since they go through menstruation every month that could, and sometimes does, cloud their judgement, where, in certain circumstances, soundness is crucial.

Women should not be allowed in certain military roles.
I suspect the decision to allow them on the front line, for instance, will be reversed too.

What roles are those?

Serving on the "front lines?"

link   
a reply to: neo96

Worry not, the terminator robots are just over the horizon anyhow...

edit on 26-7-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: TheTory

Yes it is. You can join and serve as long as you don't say anything.

That's not quite what Don't ask don't tell is, and that is certainly not what Trump said.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

do most Transgender folks wear a "T" on their shirt sleeves, or are they using Tattoos these days?

No, but i'm guessing your the kind of folk to rock a swastika on his.

There are 1000's of transgender individuals currently serving, ones who passed all required tests to serve. They are now being discriminated against because of their gender.

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU. If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

So you have to hide it right? If you don't hide it, even if you are fully capable of doing the job, you are out.

Drama queen... please, i'm just trying to get it through your thick-skull. You seem really p1ssed off that Transgender people have been serving your country for years.

It looks like it makes you insecure? What are you afraid of?

You and those who share you ideology should not be allowed to openly want to discriminate against a group of people based off nothing but fear and inability to understand.

What am I afraid of? that an entire platoon will be bitching about weather Corporal Steve has the right to become Corporal Samantha and instead of focusing on the enemy that's hiding behind that next door, attention is diverted. Again, it's obvious you have served, so it's largely pointless to entertain your point.

If Corporal Steve has designs of becoming a woman, he needs to entertain that idea after his tour is over. If not, he breached his contract with the military and is subject to punishment under the UCMJ. Is that the direction you wish to see for your fellow trans folk?

Why is the rest of the platoon bitching? The problem seems to lie with others not being happy in themselves.

Your whole argument is that it will distract others because they will be talking about it

You utter clown.

link   

originally posted by: windword

Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

If they can serve, not demand anything other than what any other soldier would, and not draw attention to themselves, they can serve just as they have for as long as "transgender" people have existed. But the second one wants to be moved to the hospital to have his pecker turned into an "innie", GTFO, that's not what the military is for.

Other than stupidity and I mean MOUNTAINS of it, I cannot fathom the argument here.

I also have a problem with the VA covering sex changes. Medication? Maybe.

But I don't think having a sex change, or being the process of having a sex change, should preclude someone from service any more than a woman who got, or is planning to get, a boob job, a face lift, lipo, a bikini wax or hair extensions, would be preluded from service.

If you go to a recruiter and during the interview, you mention that you are likely to need a sex change in the near future, do you think they will jump through hoops to get you accepted, or laugh and toss your paperwork in file 13? (And I mean other than an army recruiter)

KISS, a term used often in the military. Keep It Simple Stupid.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: neo96

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Ban mentally unstable people from having guns, other dangerous things.

Yeah I find that acceptable.

Are you calling transgender people mentally unstable?

Yes

Well, I hate to break it to you. But you're wrong. Transgender people are not mentally unstable because of their transgenderism.

What is mentally unstable is a President that chucks a whole bunch of people under the hate-bus just to distract folks from the fact he was defeated on a major bill yesterday. Mentally unstable and frankly disgusting.

But hey, let's all hate on the transgender folks instead eh. That seems far more important?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

do most Transgender folks wear a "T" on their shirt sleeves, or are they using Tattoos these days?

No, but i'm guessing your the kind of folk to rock a swastika on his.

There are 1000's of transgender individuals currently serving, ones who passed all required tests to serve. They are now being discriminated against because of their gender.

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU. If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

So you have to hide it right? If you don't hide it, even if you are fully capable of doing the job, you are out.

Drama queen... please, i'm just trying to get it through your thick-skull. You seem really p1ssed off that Transgender people have been serving your country for years.

It looks like it makes you insecure? What are you afraid of?

You and those who share you ideology should not be allowed to openly want to discriminate against a group of people based off nothing but fear and inability to understand.

What am I afraid of? that an entire platoon will be bitching about weather Corporal Steve has the right to become Corporal Samantha and instead of focusing on the enemy that's hiding behind that next door, attention is diverted. Again, it's obvious you have served, so it's largely pointless to entertain your point.

If Corporal Steve has designs of becoming a woman, he needs to entertain that idea after his tour is over. If not, he breached his contract with the military and is subject to punishment under the UCMJ. Is that the direction you wish to see for your fellow trans folk?

Why is the rest of the platoon bitching? The problem seems to lie with others not being happy in themselves.

Your whole argument is that it will distract others because they will be talking about it

You utter clown.

when you are last in a combat situation, did the focus of your point man matter to you at all?

yea, I'm the #ing clown here.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Yes

Well, I hate to break it to you. But you're wrong. Transgender people are not mentally unstable because of their transgenderism.

What is mentally unstable is a President that chucks a whole bunch of people under the hate-bus just to distract folks from the fact he was defeated on a major bill yesterday. Mentally unstable and frankly disgusting.

But hey, let's all hate on the transgender folks instead eh. That seems far more important?

Maybe not mentally unstable, but certainly abnormal.
No need for the military to deal with this abnormality.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
This will affect all 3 transgender soldiers.

Source?

The governments last study suggested over 11,000 were currently serving back in 2016.

I would like to see a source on the number of transgenders in the military period...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: neo96

Worry not, the terminator robots are just over the horizon anyhow...

Yep.

Until SJW's start trying make them human and give them 'rights'.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This thread is funny

Quite a number of folks are oddly obsessed with the private lives of free and consenting adults

Where did the transgender people touch you at?

link   

Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

If they can serve, not demand anything other than what any other soldier would, and not draw attention to themselves, they can serve just as they have for as long as "transgender" people have existed. But the second one wants to be moved to the hospital to have his pecker turned into an "innie", GTFO, that's not what the military is for.

Other than stupidity and I mean MOUNTAINS of it, I cannot fathom the argument here.

I also have a problem with the VA covering sex changes. Medication? Maybe.

But I don't think having a sex change, or being the process of having a sex change, should preclude someone from service any more than a woman who got, or is planning to get, a boob job, a face lift, lipo, a bikini wax or hair extensions, would be preluded from service.

If you go to a recruiter and during the interview, you mention that you are likely to need a sex change in the near future, do you think they will jump through hoops to get you accepted, or laugh and toss your paperwork in file 13? (And I mean other than an army recruiter)

KISS, a term used often in the military. Keep It Simple Stupid.

I'm sure you used "KISS" often in your all male barracks, free from the distractions of women and women who claim to be men.

Fortunately other recruiters aren't as braindead so the answer is... no they wouldn't discriminate.

Go crawl back into your cave.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
First free sex change change + therapy for transgender.

Next free limb amputations for Apotemnophiliacs.

Since when do you need a penis to run or hold a gun?
A little known civilian misnomer...
www.youtube.com...

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This thread is funny

Quite a number of folks are oddly obsessed with the private lives of free and consenting adults

They definitely seem afraid of something.

" They distract us".... uhmm OK, thats YOUR problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This thread is funny

If it were the private lives of people there would be no issue.
Who would even know?

link   
Honestly anyone who has an outrage over this deserves the long middle finger from the world. This was always a bad decision due to the political correctness of the world nowadays.

Admit it, the man said what even those who disagree with his statement were thinking.

We all know he is going to get ripped apart because of this though. And those that disagree with him do so because it's now become popular to side with the LGBQTWXZZURSJ and whatever other letters they want to add to there community. I'm all for fairness amongst everyone but, this is just far far beyond that and all boils down to "feelings" L to the big O L

link   

Source?

The governments last study suggested over 11,000 were currently serving back in 2016.

Source?

I posted a pretty logical assessment based on population percentagehere, which gave a generous estimate of 6,066 if overall population percentage of transgender people in the U.S. directly equated to the same percentage in Service Members (which I highly doubt).

I'd be willing to bet that the actual number hovers more around the 1,500-2,000 range, and I even consider that to be generous. Many, if not most, transgender people do not hold an ideology that would prompt them to volunteer for military service.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Yes

So they don't see mental health doctors while trying to make the change? From what I hear everyone has to see a team of mental health doctors before the change...Why the requirement to see a mental health doctor if it isn't a mental health issue??

I don't have to see a psychiatrist to get my gallbladder removed or a hernia operation....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join