It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Serving in the military is not a right. Yes they set up requirements and plenty of people have been denied for not being able to meet standards. Even people all ready in have been removed for not meeting standards such as weight.

link   
a reply to: network dude

While I get your point, and agree with it, I think that the issue at hand in the thread is that these people aren't going to be given a chance to show their ability to adapt.

Just playing devil's advocate, but it's worth noting.

link   
a reply to: network dude

Why don't you fight the same battle for blind people who want to be pilots?

Hmmm. let's look, sensors, instruments, autopilot, autolanding, synthetic voice warnings. Maybe for a few billion in changes and extra cost, we can get some blind people certified.

I wonder if the others on the flight crew and passengers will trust in it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
First free sex change change + therapy for transgender.

Next free limb amputations for Apotemnophiliacs.

Since when do you need a penis to run or hold a gun?

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: windword

Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

If they can serve, not demand anything other than what any other soldier would, and not draw attention to themselves, they can serve just as they have for as long as "transgender" people have existed. But the second one wants to be moved to the hospital to have his pecker turned into an "innie", GTFO, that's not what the military is for.

Other than stupidity and I mean MOUNTAINS of it, I cannot fathom the argument here.

I also have a problem with the VA covering sex changes. Medication? Maybe.

But I don't think having a sex change, or being the process of having a sex change, should preclude someone from service any more than a woman who got, or is planning to get, a boob job, a face lift, lipo, a bikini wax or hair extensions, would be preluded from service.

edit on 26-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
Tell me, in this day an age, what leader, or even low level politician, would have the stones to say what trump just said on a public scale ? The man just keeps on giving, what a legend ha

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: kaylaluv

He was cool with transgender bathrooms....

I think a lot of people voted for him because they thought he would be a moderate.

This is sort of moderate. A conservative (or evangelical) would have cited religion, moral and what have you - Trump being Trump says it is a money thing and a personnel thing.

By 'disruptive' I assume he means that transgenderism would in general not be handled well by the military personnel. This might be sad and it might be a defeatist standpoint, but in a place like the military where unity is key and internal conflict have real and potentially far reaching consequences, it is a real argument (as opposed to "Jesus said ..").

If the argument really holds true I do not know, but the argument itself is more moderate than conservative.

edit on 26-7-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Liquesence

Since a person is born one of two ways.

Male or female.

Can't claim Equal rights when people decide to change themselves in to one or the 'other'.

You can't argue with DNA.

There's no such thing as 'transgender'.

It's a made up word.

Political neologism to be exact.

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Or are you just scared of something you don't understand and so you want to ban it.

Jesus, Drama queen doesn't cover it at all.

Transgenders can be as Trans as they like, they can dance and prance all over the world and wear bananas on their heads, but if they want to be out and Trans, they don't need to be in the Military. Why don't you fight the same battle for blind people who want to be pilots?

Don't need to be in the military?

Why do you think being transgender suddenly makes you incapable of performing to the standards of the military?

There are transgender people who have passed all the required tests and are currently serving who are now unwelcome because of their alignment.

Why do you associate all Trans people with words like "drama queens", prancing and wearing bananas.

You have some very real and dark insecurities, I suggest you seek therapy. I'm guessing this isn't about the military and more something personal that is affecting you.

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

While I get your point, and agree with it, I think that the issue at hand in the thread is that these people aren't going to be given a chance to show their ability to adapt.

Adapt ?

But that would mean the SJW's believed in evolution.

Instead of fighting for surgically modified humans to fight illegal wars to kill people over oil, and destroy the planet in the process.

link   
At least Trump is upfront and transparent about this, as opposed to "Don't ask, don't tell."

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I think at the last military event he attended, he went to grab her by the P and got the D instead...that would be awkward. Hope he gets the therapy he needs to get past this tragedy.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Actually, it is the same thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

do most Transgender folks wear a "T" on their shirt sleeves, or are they using Tattoos these days?

No, but i'm guessing your the kind of folk to rock a swastika on his.

There are 1000's of transgender individuals currently serving, ones who passed all required tests to serve. They are now being discriminated against because of their gender.

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU. If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

So you have to hide it right? If you don't hide it, even if you are fully capable of doing the job, you are out.

Drama queen... please, i'm just trying to get it through your thick-skull. You seem really p1ssed off that Transgender people have been serving your country for years.

It looks like it makes you insecure? What are you afraid of?

You and those who share you ideology should not be allowed to openly want to discriminate against a group of people based off nothing but fear and inability to understand.

What am I afraid of? that an entire platoon will be bitching about weather Corporal Steve has the right to become Corporal Samantha and instead of focusing on the enemy that's hiding behind that next door, attention is diverted. Again, it's obvious you have served, so it's largely pointless to entertain your point.

If Corporal Steve has designs of becoming a woman, he needs to entertain that idea after his tour is over. If not, he breached his contract with the military and is subject to punishment under the UCMJ. Is that the direction you wish to see for your fellow trans folk?

link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not is isn't.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
First free sex change change + therapy for transgender.

Next free limb amputations for Apotemnophiliacs.

Since when do you need a penis to run or hold a gun?

You don't as long as you can perform the job to the same standards - all the standards.
In the Uk the army fitness tests were rewritten to allow women to pass them. Thats nonsense - they should pass the tests that men have passed or be thrown out.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We'll all be much happier when we accept women and men are not equal and there are jobs in this world that the majority of women just simply can not do.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
People get discharged from the military for metal illness, not admission. I still think this is a mental health issue and someone unstable shouldn't be given a gun. Used to be called Section 8.

Now it's AR 635-200, Active Duty Enlisted Administrative Separations. Chapter 5, paragraph 13 governs the separation of personnel medically diagnosed with a personality disorder.

5–13. Separation because of personality disorder
Under the guidance in chapter 1, section II, a Soldier with less than 24 months of active duty service, as of the date
separation proceedings are initiated, may be separated for personality disorder (not amounting to disability (see AR 635–
40)) that interferes with assignment or with performance of duty, when so disposed as indicated in a, below.
AR 635–200 • 19 December 2016 57
a. This condition is a deeply ingrained maladaptive pattern of behavior of long duration that interferes with the Soldier’s
ability to perform duty. (Exceptions: combat exhaustion and other acute situational maladjustments.) The onset of personality
disorder is frequently manifested in the early adult years and may reflect an inability to adapt to the military environment
as opposed to an inability to perform the requirements of specific jobs or tasks or both. As such, observed behavior
of specific deficiencies should be documented in appropriate counseling or personnel records and include history from
sources such as supervisors, peers, and others, as necessary to establish that the behavior is persistent, interferes with
assignment to or performance of duty, and has continued after the Soldier was counseled and afforded an opportunity to
overcome the deficiencies. The diagnosis of personality disorder must have been established by a psychiatrist or doctoral level clinical psychologist with necessary and appropriate professional credentials who is privileged to conduct mental
health evaluations for the DOD components. It is described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM–IV) of Mental
Disorders, 4th edition. In the case of Soldiers who have served or are currently serving in an imminent danger pay area
and are within the first 24 months of active duty service, the diagnosis of personality disorder for separation under this
paragraph, must be corroborated by the MTF Chief of Behavioral Health (or an equivalent official). The corroborated
diagnosis will be forwarded for final review and confirmation by the Director, Proponency of Behavioral Health, Office
of the Surgeon General (DASG–HSZ). Medical review of the personality disorder diagnosis will consider whether PTSD,
traumatic brain injury (TBI), and/or other comorbid mental illness may be significant contributing factors to the diagnosis.

LINK

LINK

Makes sense to me....Good on ya President Trump!!!

MAGA

link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
If the argument really holds true I do not know, but the argument itself is more moderate than conservative.

True, but it serves equally well because it is the same end.

link   

originally posted by: TheTory
This will affect all 3 transgender soldiers.

Source?

The governments last study suggested over 11,000 were currently serving back in 2016.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Yes it is. You can join and serve as long as you don't say anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SudoNim

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Ban mentally unstable people from having guns, other dangerous things.

Yeah I find that acceptable.

Are you calling transgender people mentally unstable?

Yes

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join