It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow...

...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.

...victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

twitter.com...

Yes folks, he just tweeted that there will be NO transgender allowed in the military. This will set off a firestorm. I agree that transgender should not be allowed in the military. We need the toughest, strongest, most mentally prepared people in our military. Not people who can't decide if they want to be a boy or a girl.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Can he do that? I thought the "transgender in the military" thing was a done deal, scheduled to start "like yesterday", but has been delayed.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well it looks like some of my friends who have families are about to lose their jobs and health insurance. Oh wells life goes on I guess, sucks to be them.

edit on 26-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

+87 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree with his statement. Why should the military pay for a sex change? It was ridicilous from the start and catering to a few percent isn't worth it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I thought it was a done deal as well. He said he's consulted with military experts and Generals. We will see if what is done can be undone.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Because they pay for every single other healthcare related thing for our service members...

The military has amazing insurance..

They are not creating some new entitlement.

It is just their insurance policy covering their healthcare needs..

Funny how in the end all of this "I shouldn't have to pay for that". Benefits the insurance companies more than anyone else..

Hmm..

I'm sure that is just random chance huh

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hallelujah!

+52 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

I guess the tipping point was that the transgender community insisted on all the special treatments and forcing the military to pay for their surgeries. Well it's no surprise that it backfired now.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Trump is just stupid..

He is gonna get screwed for this hard...

A lot of people backed trump because he was FOR TRANSGENDER BATHROOMS!!

It was a sign he wasn't interested in the social issues and might actually help improve the GOPs problems with that portion of the pop.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I feel like if there are exclusions like this just because of someones medical expenses or identity, then I hope to never see a Draft, and if I do, I expect to not see any of my trans friends forced into it.

"Your sacrifice is good enough when we say it is"

-Alee

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Trump is just stupid..

He is gonna get screwed for this hard...

A lot of people backed trump because he was FOR TRANSGENDER BATHROOMS!!

It was a sign he wasn't interested in the social issues and might actually help improve the GOPs problems with that portion of the pop.

Transgender bathrooms has nothing to do with serving in the military.
This is a ban that has been reinstated after the ludicrous overreach and social experiments messing around with the military over the last 8 years.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
We want transgender in the military. They should get the chance to risk their life and die just like the rest of us.

Why the "special" treatment?

So, does it mean, if there's a war and the military tries to "draft me", I can just say "I'm transgender now" and avoid the military service?

Oh, how neat !

People used to try to object on "religious" grounds. They even imprisoned the Boxer Mohammed Ali for refusing the draft because of his religion.

Now, you're telling me "transgender" is more valid a reason than my "religion" ?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I guess the tipping point was that the transgender community insisted on all the special treatments and forcing the military to pay for their surgeries. Well it's no surprise that it backfired now.

Exactly - pushed too far and now the whole nonsense has been scrapped.
Queue the legal cases springing up.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

A surgery for a transition to mtf or ftm is in no way beneficial to the military or even necessary to begin with. Btw look up dialation procedure for the transision from man to female. Now imagine a trans soldier in a war zone with that "problem".

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
We want transgender in the military. They should get the chance to risk their life and die just like the rest of us.

Why the "special" treatment?

So, does it mean, if there's a war and the military tries to "draft me", I can just say "I'm transgender now" and avoid the military service?

Oh, how neat !

People used to try to object on "religious" grounds. They even imprisoned the Boxer Mohammed Ali for refusing the draft because of his religion.

Now, you're telling me "transgender" is more valid a reason than my "religion" ?

I suspect this is about dress and protocol as opposed to the person.
If you are drafted and are a M2F transgender you will wear the same uniform as the rest of the guys and get on with it.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: windword

He said he's consulted with military experts and Generals.

LOL I wonder why nobody else ever thought of that!? HAHA!

Here, I found this pretty easily......

Transgender Military Service. On June 30, 2016, the Pentagon lifted their ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military, joining eighteen other nations, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Israel, which allow transgender people to serve openly in their militaries.
www.hrc.org...

I smell presidential deflection after a big fat "Repeal & Replace" failure last night!

Meanwhile.......In other news:
Psychiatry group tells members they can ignore ‘Goldwater rule’ and comment on Trump’s mental health

edit on 26-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+55 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Decisions like this are why President Trump will see a second term.

A large majority of Americans agree with this.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Neither is a wart being removed... or plastic surgery.. or any of the other unnecessary procedures people use on a daily basis....

There is zero chance this flies..

Isn't it considered unconstitutional to discriminate over this??

Imagaine a female in a war zone who needs a hysterectomy...

Imagaine a male in a warzone with a broken leg...

Race, sex , age , religion or sexual orientation right??

Does he not even ask his lawyers first??

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When the LGBT community was protesting Trump, all the Trump supporters said, "why in the world are they protesting? Trump said he would support them, he even held up the rainbow flag for God's sake!"

This is why. Trump has zero support for the LGBT community. Zero.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join