It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a Beer at Lunch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I was able to upgrade my seat on the flight to Chicago. I was exhausted, so sitting up in 1st class would be nice, even if it was just a short ride.

I sat down next to a nice, friendly, younger, gal. (Even better). I noticed she was wearing a Coors polo shirt, a pretty nice looking shirt too (I wanted one). As I was fastening my seatbelt I asked her, "So, do you work for Coors?" She smiled and said she did. I asked her "Do they really let you guys drink beer at lunch?" She replied "Well, some people do, but I don't...generally." I opined out loud, to no one in particular, "It sure must be nice to work at a place where you can drink free beer for lunch!!" I went back to reading some boring paperwork from work.

As we took off I asked her "So, what do you do for Coors?"
She smiled, paused, and said..."I'm a physicist"
"WOW! Really??? What does a physicist do for Coors??? I too am a physicist by education. What kind of physics?" I said.
"Nuclear" she replied.
"What the heck does a nuclear physicist door for a beer brewing company???" I exclaimed.
"I work in their ceramics division...making triggers for experimental nuclear warhead development" she very casually replied.
(THUD...GULP!) "Ohhhh....ummmmm....I didn't know Coors was into DOD work!" I said, very impressed.
"Yeah" she says.
I sat for a moment thought about how stunning this friendly exchange was.

"I guess it's probably just as well you don't drink beer at lunch!!" I said. "We're all probably really glad you don't drink beer at lunch!!"

She just laughed.

It was a nice flight.

edit on 7/26/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Of course they let workers drink beer, that thing is like water.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: squiggly

Star for your 1st post. Welcome.

Not really into that kind of thing, but welcome none the less.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It's not really the same company as the brewery, CoorsTek is a separate ceramics manufacturing company who the company I work for has done business with.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Lol, you got played by a lobbyist...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, she did make that clarification later. However, it is all part of the broader Coors umbrella. In other words, they have the same roots.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not exactly.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The company is what kept the family in business when Colorado banned alcohol previous to Prohibition. Also, Coors is no longer family owned, it is part of Molson now.

edit on 26-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Not exactly.

Imo, if she was working on secret nuke programs for defense, you think she would tell you?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I just thought the whole thing was pretty funny and amusing...after a very long week. She was pretty bright (obviously) and was probably just playing around seeing how long it would take me to catch on.

We actually did have a pretty fascinating discussion, and she was the real-deal too.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The area she worked in wasn't particularly highly classified. I knew what she could talk about and what she likely couldn't (my clearances were still all active then), so this is where most of our discussion focused, not on the particulars of exactly what she was doing. She wasn't a "spook", just a scientist.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure it was cool. You can meet some interesting people when you fly.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
During the Manhattan Project, workers would get asked what they do and say, "We're working on the holes in donuts..."

I seriously doubt she would be working on anything nuke related and just tell a complete stranger, especially one with 'clearance'.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Gawd knows, I did it enough! I was probably flying about 4x per week back then. I think for a while there I spent more time in the air than on the ground!

Now it practically takes a team of wild horses to get me on an airplane, though I still work with them every day.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Gawd knows, I did it enough! I was probably flying about 4x per week back then. I think for a while there I spent more time in the air than on the ground!

I'm currently good for 2-4 flights per week so I know the feeling.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Look dude, I have exactly zero desire to debate her credibility, my credibility or the story's credibility. It was just a fun story.

I was there, and you weren't.

ETA...BTW, she never knew I even had any clearances at all...it's not something you announce to people, and it certainly won't get them to open up more (if anything, less).

edit on 7/26/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Huh...I thought this would be a fun topic, just for grins.

I guess not.

Nevermind. Sorry for posting it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If she is a physic, can she tell the future?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If she is a physic, can she tell the future?

Well, there was a psychic back in the terminal, read your coffee grounds for $37.50 (airport prices), and then there was a psycho out at curbside who rode the bus to the airport and then didn't know what to do, but I'm fairly certain this gal was just a cyclist, errr, physical therapist...I mean physicist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join