It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis - Alien Visitation and Genetic Manipulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Atlantis and Lemuria are fiction.

But you would know that if you actually were interested in truth instead of just looking for something to entertain you.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Can you prove that Atlantis is a work of fiction ?

many have tried to prove /disprove it but have never come further than those who went before

Atlantis was written about before Plato he wasnt the only one to make mention of it

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: moebius

Can you prove that Atlantis is a work of fiction ?

many have tried to prove /disprove it but have never come further than those who went before

Atlantis was written about before Plato he wasn't the only one to make mention of it

The nonexistence of a thing is logically impossible to prove.
The way to look at it is - what is the claim here?

Does a person claim the existence of Atlantis, or does a person claim the nonexistence?

I submit to you that, without the claim that Atlantis existed, there is no claim that Atlantis did not exist.

Hence, the claim here is that Atlantis existed.

Given that there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of Atlantis, the claimant cannot make a case for its existence.

Therefore, asking if someone can prove Atlantis didn't exist is a meaningless and idle exercise.

Lastly, there is no mention of Atlantis prior to Plato. For a period, the Atlantic ocean was called the "Atlantis Sea" (translated into English, of course) in Greek, owing to the fact that Atlas was thought to be holding up the sky at a location to the far West (and "Atlantis" translated from the Greek as "of Atlas" - the Greek term was actually Sea of Atlas.)

In fact, that's exactly the same name we use today - "Atlantic" means "of Atlas."

Herodotus wrote about some people he claimed lived near the foot of Mt. Atlas, which is a mountain in the Atlas Mountains - a chain in Northern Africa - and called those people (depending on translation) "Atlantians" or "Atlantes."
They are unrelated to Plato's tale. That's obvious because Herodotus was talking about a group of people that existed during his time (not to mention they were named - by Herodotus - after Mount Atlas.)

There is a scrap of a text remaining from Hellanikos entitled "Atlantis," but what remains of it indicates it's a text concerning the family tree of Atlas ("of Atlas" again.)

No, there is no reference to Atlantis prior to Plato. And, if the Athenians were the ones to defeat Atlantis, as Plato asserts, where would certainly be artwork, poems, plays, songs and anything else you can think of in Greek culture praising the fact.

Just think about how many references to the Trojan War there are in ancient Greek culture and you'll see what I mean.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

According to archealogists, there are many ancient underwater cities throughout the world, like you'd find in China. So to say Atlantis is BS would be narrow minded. Just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears

According to archealogists, there are many ancient underwater cities throughout the world, like you'd find in China. So to say Atlantis is BS would be narrow minded. Just my 2 cents

There are no unexplained sunken cities.

You think that the fact that water can rise and/or land can sink is evidence for Atlantis?

That's like saying Atlantians breathed oxygen, and we have oxygen in our atmosphere, therefore Atlantis must exist.

Tell me about some ancient submerged cities in China, if you would.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I thought it was Solon who told Plato about atlantis so there are more than two people who spoke about it

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

As arrogant as you are, It's your opinion not mine, or those interested in the op. You may find the mudpit more suitable to your attack kill response method.

If you don't agree with me, simply leave and let those who are interested in this, discuss what interests us, in peace without the verbal hostility you're offering. See how easy it is to walk away?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Thank you for your decent response. I hope you enjoyed it as much as i have.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

There's a lot on his website, and much of it you can find online for free. I've never paid for any of it.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

There's a lot we don't know, most people have no idea.

It's nice to see there are a few here with open minds still.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: openedeyesandears

I'll look into it, it's been a while but i remember hearing about Indian Head as a child. Thank you for reminding me!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

As arrogant as you are, It's your opinion not mine, or those interested in the op. You may find the mudpit more suitable to your attack kill response method.

If you don't agree with me, simply leave and let those who are interested in this, discuss what interests us, in peace without the verbal hostility you're offering. See how easy it is to walk away?

You mean leave the thread to those who are interested in whatever "underwater cities" you want to imagine are unexplained because you don't want to ruin your sparkly fantasy worldview by investigating them using reputable and knowledgeable sources?

No thanks. That violates ATS's motto.

Harte

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Precisely winner.

You're violating my thread. Do you enjoy attacking threads outside of the mudpit. I didn't ask you to come here, and if you continue, i'll more than likely ignore your ignorant responses.

The motto where can i find that? It used to be Deny Ignorance. Perhaps you should try it sometime, and add a touch of 'politeness to your responses' as that always helps, if that's cool with you. If not, MUDPIT! as you are violating My Motto .. treat others as you wish to be treated.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I thought it was Solon who told Plato about atlantis so there are more than two people who spoke about it

Plato's two Dialogues that mention Atlantis state that Solon got the story out of Egypt and related it in a poem to the public at a festival attended by Critias's grandfather (Critias is one of the characters in Plato's dialogue -the title character in the second one,) who told the tale to his son, who told it to Critias.
While we know Solon actually did travel to Egypt (as did many wealthy Athenians, especially upon retirement,) there is no evidence at all that he heard anything about Atlantis while there, nor is there any evidence of such a tale to be found in any known Egyptian mythological or historical text.

What you refer to, then, is Plato's own writings, and not Solon's or anyone else's.

There is no ancient mention anywhere on Earth (other than Plato's two dialogues, and subsequent remarks about and criticisms of those dialogues) of a sunken region, island, continent etc. that in any way resembles what Plato wrote about Atlantis.

That said, Plato (like me and you) certainly knew of land sinking into the sea. The idea was not novel at the time.

Harte
edit on 7/28/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Precisely winner.

You're violating my thread. Do you enjoy attacking threads outside of the mudpit. I didn't ask you to come here, and if you continue, i'll more than likely ignore your ignorant responses.

The motto where can i find that? It used to be Deny Ignorance. Perhaps you should try it sometime, and add a touch of 'politeness to your responses' as that always helps, if that's cool with you.

The post you responded to was not impolite to anyone but the huckster trying to sell his lies to the public.

I can't help it if you see yourself in my comment.

I will continue to respond to ignorance at ATS, as I have been doing for over a decade.

originally posted by: SapphireIf not, MUDPIT! as you are violating My Motto .. treat others as you wish to be treated.

Great motto. Maybe you should start your own forum. That way you can ban anyone trying to provide REAL information that tends to violate your mistaken world view.

Harte

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

And i cannot help if you can't see yourself as the arrogant a-hole, dreadful poster everyone flees from because... No one cares if you like it or not.

You're saying you are Right and everyone who agrees with the OP is wrong, there is no middle ground with you. That's arrogance at its peak. I cannot expect you to see past the rose coloured spectacles holding you back, you obviously have a hate for anything you disagree with and have verbally verified your absolute dislike for all things Michael Tsarion, therefore, i am not going to continue engaging with you on this topic as that would be a complete waste of my energy and my time. Perhaps you would enjoy his Vampire series more.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And i cannot help if you can't see yourself as the arrogant asshole that you are.

You're saying you are Right and everyone who agrees with the OP is wrong. That's arrogance at its peak. I cannot expect you to see past the rose coloured spectacles holding you back, you obviously have a hate for anything you disagree with and have verbally verified your absolute dislike for all things Michael Tsarion, therefore, i am not going to continue engaging with you on this topic as that would be a complete waste of my energy and my time. Perhaps you would enjoy his Vampire series more.

I state only the facts. Whatever truth you want to make of them, you will (obviously) make.

As an aside, it is revealing how you respond here to factual information.

You have started the name calling here, violating the T&C.

Harte
edit on 7/28/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No actually, it's more revealing to me how you've responded to mine, I can't wait till you post something i dislike. That will be truly fun for me, guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
So to say Atlantis is BS would be narrow minded. Just my 2 cents

It's probably better to seperate the facts from the fiction than to just outright call it BS. Practicing that ability is at least mildly useful in relation to this subject (practicing that ability on other subjects would be even better as I hinted at before). Here's a link where one can practice that regarding the subject of Atlantis (not so much the "alien" aspect of this thread, some of the other links I shared earlier are more suited for that aspect):

From Violent Volcano to Tranquil Island: Awake!—2000

The island of Santorini is the remaining eastern half of an erupted volcano, and we are sailing in waters that filled its crater!

The Making of an Island

In ancient times the island of Santorini—today also known as Santorin or Thíra—was called Strongyle, meaning “Round.” And round the island was. But according to experts, a mighty volcanic eruption changed the shape of the island nearly 3,500 years ago. Evidently, a large explosion blew open a wide caldera at the center of the island, forming a deep basin, and the sea rushed in to fill it.
In all, 32 square miles [80 sq km] of the island disappeared into the air or fell into the sea. All life was wiped out.
THE ATLANTIS CONNECTION

A myth that may have originated in Egypt, survived in classical Greek writings, and then emerged in medieval traditions by Arabian geographers is that of the lost continent, island, or city of Atlantis. Atlantis presumably disappeared into the sea as a result of earthquakes and floods. Some archaeologists suggest that this myth had its roots in the volcanic explosion of Santorini.

Excavations that began here in 1966/67 revealed a rich, royal Minoan city buried under the volcanic debris, preserved just as it was at the time of the eruption. It seems that early warnings prompted the residents to abandon the area in time. Some researchers speculate that the unwillingness of the inhabitants to admit that their once splendid city was gone gave birth to the legend of an Atlantis remaining alive and well, continuing its city life at the bottom of the sea.

The last bit taking us back to part of the storyline of the Stargate Atlantis TV-show, which is still way more entertaining than Michael Tsarion.
edit on 28-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I knew you were hoping for that, you were only here on my thread in hopes to provoke me. I knew that before you posted..
btw the word Asshole i've been told isn't a Violation here. Regardless, i changed my wording before you stole them and inserted them into your post. So it does not count.

My Regards. I won't be responding to any more of your posts on my thread, ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join