It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL produces CTE in players brains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Study
Even having only played egg-football in highschool, your brain may be irreversibly damaged.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

A one sentence OP that doesn't even at least tell what CTE stands for is what gives ATS'ers CTE!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Simple response:

If you hit your head enough times, as in football, the chances of having brain damage increase!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh I get it.

An interesting thing I've noted in people, it always seems the people whom like to get into fights (where you typically get hit in the head) is people whom have been in 'the most' fights (ergo been hit in the head a lot).

And threads OP's so barren like this its annoying like those people.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It has been know for years what can happen to the brains of football players yet it goes on and on. The nfl says they will look into it and time passes. The school systems improve the equipment but the injuries mount.

Little is done to change it. Not only is there too much money tied up in it but beyond that the continued enforcement and glorification of the 'brute' in American society. The American ideal of the macho man of the rough and tumble beat the other guy to the ground kind of thinking. It is just too much to give up.

What would happen to the brains of the American male should football be stopped. They would melt down and riot and vote for someone worse than Trump if he promised to give it back to them. Football is a drug.

Thinking all of that I love football and if those idiots want to risk their brains for fame and fortune, well I say let em.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hockey is bad too for this.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Huh. I'll be damned.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Study
Even having only played egg-football in highschool, your brain may be irreversibly damaged.

They should make a movie about this...you know get the word out for real.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is from playing in the NFL.

www.idahostatesman.com...

Researchers studying the link between football and chronic traumatic encephalopathy found that 99 percent of the brains donated by families of former NFL players showed signs of the neurodegenerative disease, according to a new study published Tuesday. Read more here: www.idahostatesman.com...=cpy

I remember when LeBron James said he wouldn't let his son play football.It seems he had good reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I thought this movie did a really good job with this subject:

Concussion (2015)
www.imdb.com...

It is amazing to the degree that football fans and players ignore this subject. I was an avid football player up until my sophomore year in HS. I took a substantial hit and lost my peripheral vision for 2 hours. That was enough of a wake up moment for me and I switched to cross country for the fall season.

The benefit versus cost ratio for the players of this sport is very lopsided.

top topics

join