It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: @WhiteHouse Leaker @MCShort45 Resigns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Snarl

My guess is that Priebus and Bannon have both been behind leaks and probably Kushner as well. This smells like a Bannon leak to embarrass Priebus.

If what you say is true then in the bigger picture it makes them ALL including their boss look bad. They're not doing themselves any favors. Why do you think that these three are leaking against each other knowing full well it hurts them all as a whole? What is there to gain by sabotaging their own administration?
edit on 26-7-2017 by FauxMulder because: stopping leaks

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: windword

Sounds like the leakers didn't know all that.

Or is it you who have it backwards?

No, I don't have it backwards.

At a gaggle with reporters late Tuesday morning, Scaramucci specifically pointed to the report of Short’s possible firing as a reason that leaks need to stop — even though he was reportedly the one who’d told Politico that Short would be fired.

Scaramucci told Politico that he intended to fired Michael Short. 2 hours later, other news outlets asked Scaramucci to confirm Politico's report. Then he made like a martyr, claiming leaks!

LOL.....What a tool!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That is precisely why you fail.

Look at what you just said. You willingly picked one evil over another, rather than insisting on a total expunging of ALL wrong doing and the perpetrators of it.

And hence, you are a part of the problem, not its solution. Anyone who has ever echoed even the slightest shred of your sentiment on this matter, ought to be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The alleged leaker in the OP doesn't appear to be a leaker of classified information. If he were, wouldn't he have been arrested and facing prosecution like the young NSA contractor?

Instead, he appears to be somebody leaking (and as I noted, based on Scaramucci's statements, possibly at the direction of a senior official) information from the administration. This could be something like leaking that Trump is unhappy with a staffer and considering his options — which may or may not even be true — and wouldn't be a leak of classified information.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's a shame.
I rather enjoy the leaks...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think Trump wants to hire extremely competent and smart people, those on your list fit that bill...who else do you think he should hire?

I think that Trump, in would be strongman fashion, wants to be insulated by surrounding himself with those whose primary qualifications are often his perception of their loyalty. That's how we ended up with his 30 year-old real estate developer son-in-law as czar of everything.

I don't know what more he could do to overtly demonstrate what a crony he is. Take for instance Keith Noreika. Let's look at some of the professional experience of Noreika vs the person he replaced, Thomas J. Curry. First Curry:

Thomas J. Curry (born January 9, 1957) was sworn in as the 30th Comptroller of the Currency of the United States on April 9, 2012.[1] Prior to becoming Comptroller of the Currency, Curry served as a Director of the FDIC[2] since January 2004, and as the Chairman of the NeighborWorks America Board of Directors. He was born in Greenwich, Connecticut[3] and raised in Stamford, Connecticut.

Prior to joining the FDIC’s Board of Directors, Curry served as Commissioner of Banks for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from 1990 to 1991 and from 1995 to 2003. He served as Acting Commissioner from February 1994 to June 1995. Previously he served as First Deputy Commissioner and Assistant General Counsel within the Massachusetts Division of Banks. He entered state government in 1982 as an attorney with the Massachusetts’ Secretary of State’s Office.

Curry served as the Chairman of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors from 2000 to 2001, and served two terms on the State Liaison Committee of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, including a term as Committee chairman. On April 1, 2013, Mr. Curry was named Chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) for a two-year term.[4]

Essentially we have a well qualified person with a long career in banking regulation. Now Noreika:

Mr. Keith A. Noreika has been a Partner of Financial Institutions Practice at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP since August 2, 2016. Mr. Noreika serves as an Acting Comptroller at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Mr. Noreika served as a Partner of Covington & Burling LLP. Mr. Noreika's practice focuses on bank regulatory, general and appellate litigation matters, represents a variety of financial institutions before government agencies and in litigation in various district and appellate courts. Mr. Noreika has also argued in the courts of appeals more generally, including in the areas of civil asset forfeiture, Longenette v. Krusing, et al., 322 F.3d 758 (3d Cir. 2003), and Mantilla v. United States, 302 F.3d 182 (3d Cir. 2002), and the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act, Reid v. District of Columbia, 401 F.3d 516 (D.C. Cir. 2005). Mr. Noreika has made presentations to various industry groups, including on the topics of the preemption provisions enacted in the 2003 amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and National Bank Act preemption litigation.

Noreika's career has been as a lawyer for financial institutions, arguing for them in court and advising them on compliance issues (read: finding ways to skirt regulations). Now I know that some Trump supporter's immediate reactions would be that "it take's a thief" or something along those lines. They said the same about Trump's own admitted decades long history of what is essentially pay-for-play relationships with politicians.

Noreika was appointed through a mechanism that bypassed Senate confirmation and excluded him from having to sign the much-touted ethics pledge as he's basically keeping the seat warm until Joseph Otting can be confirmed. This ruffled some feathers of course because it was (I believe rightly) seen as underhanded. But I digress. Otting it should be noted, is the former CEO of OneWest Bank which was previously owned by Steve Mnuchin and a group of investors including George Soros and Trump supporter, John Paulson. Essentially they bought up what was left of IndyMac and set about foreclosing on I believe it was 40,000 homes. The group eventually made something like $3 billion in profits between dividends and the sale of the newly formed bank to CIT Group, while embroiled in a foreclosure scandal alleging serious improprieties:

According to a so-called whistleblower complaint made public on Tuesday, OneWest violated the 2009 Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) by routinely tacking on thousands of dollars of debt to borrowers' principal balances, without providing required disclosures of terms such as payment amounts, interest rates, finance charges and late payment policies.

This is what banksters do:

The memo obtained by The Intercept alleges that OneWest rushed delinquent homeowners out of their homes by violating notice and waiting period statutes, illegally backdated key documents, and effectively gamed foreclosure auctions.

They get rich on the backs of working people. On top of everything else, Otting is a known liar:

Joseph Otting, the former chief executive of Pasadena’s OneWest Bank whom Trump nominated Tuesday to be the next comptroller of the currency, has claimed to be a graduate of the School of Credit and Financial Management at Dartmouth.

“Joseph Otting is not a Dartmouth graduate,” Diana Lawrence, the college’s associate vice president for communications, said Saturday. “Dartmouth does not have a school of credit and financial management.”

The degree was included in a short biography of Otting released by the White House on Monday when Trump announced his intention to nominate Otting.

This post is already longer than many will read but it's not hard to do a little research and see what these folks are up to — removing regulations and safeguards that banksters see as a hindrance to them making more billions.

I don't know what it's going to take to break the spell that many of you are under. You're mindlessly repeating campaign slogans as the exact opposite of what you're cheerleading is happening.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vector99

The alleged leaker in the OP doesn't appear to be a leaker of classified information.

Classified or not, his signing of the NDA puts that leaking info in the same category as leaking classified info.

If he were, wouldn't he have been arrested and facing prosecution like the young NSA contractor?

Isn't that kinda whats happening?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join