It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Judiciary Committee rescinds Manafort subpoena

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: introvert

The CIA and the media did not create this.

Lol quite possibly one of the funniest things I have read in awhile!

In the Podesta emails, as early as 2015 they discussed using the Russia narrative to distract from Hilldogs own ties to Russian dealings.

So if we take what you say as being true, that would mean Trump fell for the nefarious plot and engaged the Russians just as Podesta and crew had planned.

That means he is the fool we thought he was all along.

So take your pick. Either he's a fool, or he's responsible for his own team's actions.

Either way, Trump is the fool.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Russia narrative has been changed so many times it's hard to keep up with.

I agree. The more that comes out, the more it evolves. At first we thought it was nonsense. But now it appears to have some teeth.

First, they peddled in our election by hacking the DNC and releasing the emails.

That turns out to be true.

Well that has yet to actually be proven by any of our intelligence agencies since they haven't even touched the physical server....not a single one. Just relying on a 3rd party company sending them data when they request it.

It went well beyond the DNC and the DCCC. Remember, we were told that the "hack" affected hundreds if not thousands of systems.

They were able to pinpoint the hacks to individual state voter registrations systems.

It has then turned into collusion meetings by what seems to be every single person associated with Trump....and yet none have produced a single thing.

The investigations are not over. Let's wait before we put the cart before the horse.

I mean the way the whole narrative has gone you'd think they want people to believe Trump and his entire team have been working with multiple Russian agents for years in preparation for him to become POTUS.

Who cares about the narrative? I want the truth, no matter what comes forth.

You seem to want the narrative to be that Trump and friends are innocent to fit your political agenda. So how are you any different than those that create a negative narrative about Trump?

Sadly, anyone with half a brain can see how this is really just a massive cover for the true collusion and corruption that has occurred starting well before Trump was even on the radar to run for office.

Half a brain? That's a logical fallacy.

It appears you are appealing to ignorance and conspiracy to give your "theory" weight.

Or perhaps you are insinuating that Obama or Hillary are to blame here. But you wouldn't do that, considering that's unfounded and pure deflection.

That's not what you are doing here, are you?

Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Indeed.

Perhaps you will wait next time before you create such illogical and partisan OP's.

That's just it...nothing has come out. There have been no reports of anything illegal or underhanded at all.

Not sure how you see it as true....still have nothing but 3rd party "evidence" to go by since the DNC blocked all intelligence agencies from actually having access to the server.

I'm not creating a narrative at all....thats been done and pushed over and over by MSM and dems every opportunity they get in front of a camera.

Deflection is what has happened here. And yes, Hillary does have actual proven ties to Russia and plenty more connections and payments have been brought out since this all started.

As another poster mentioned, the Russian narrative was mentioned in DNC emails well before it was the new catch all. If they had something in 2015, it would have been released to keep Trump from becoming POTUS. They still have nothing.

I am fine with waiting...as I've said before, I wish a bill would get passed to have those continuing the farce pay back all the taxpayer money wasted on it when they come up with zilch in the end.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Its only a real thing in the make believe fantasyland of the Leftists.

It's fact. No need to make it up.

People within Trump's team had contact with Russians. What the purpose was and how far it went remains to be unseen.

You don't withdraw a subpoena if you believe the subject of the subpoena is not telling the truth.

Incorrect. You can withdraw a subpoena if the person in question begins to comply, handing over documents, and agrees to come before the committee at a later date.

Did you happen to read the Foxnews link?

Sure did.
If they believe that the subject is withholding evidence/documents that are pertinent to the investigation, they are not going to withdraw the subpoena. They would want it all.
Obviously they are satisfied that Manafort is telling the truth with the documents he has already handed over and made arrangements for him to stop by for a friendly visit later on.
You want fries with that nothing burger?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This really just amounts to there being absolutely nothing on him and they have to walk back yet another failed attempt at the Russian narrative.

No, they rescinded the subpoena because Manafort agreed to closed door meetings with the committee.

But after issuing subpoenas for Manafort and Simpson after their attorneys suggested they didn't want to cooperate, Grassley said he was satisfied with the resulting negotiations. None of the three high profile figures are now expected to testify in the open session on Wednesday, although Grassley didn't rule out their doing so someday down the line.

So there were subpoena's for Manafort, Trump Jr. and Fusion GPS' Simpson. All three agreed to go speak with the committee willingly without having to be compelled by subpoena. I don't think this is over or 'falling apart.'

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Manafort is a very bad man. He does not have any loyalty to Trump that is above his own protection. He's not going to get thrown under the bus but would be happy to do the throwing if it meant he'd be free.

My opinion only of course. A bit of speculation based on reading all about him and his past. I think Trump should be worried about Manafort.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

So there were subpoena's for Manafort, Trump Jr. and Fusion GPS' Simpson. All three agreed to go speak with the committee willingly without having to be compelled by subpoena. I don't think this is over or 'falling apart.'

Simpson was a no show, and he refused to answer
any questions, private or public.

He is obviously hiding something....

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

How much longer will this go On?

originally posted by: JinMI

My honest opinion is; as long as it makes MSM money.

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Calling it now. Nobody will talk about russian collusion anytime soon after this week. The hammer is about to fall and finally we will have justice for all.

Dont choo foo yoselves nah.

I lost track of how many in this very site have howled that Trump / Republican's / Trump supporters / etc all deserve this 'Trump is a Russian TRAITOR' narrative because of that whole Birther thing. Countless iterations & permutations of the argument it seems I've seen so far. I imagine the 'Trump is Literally Hitler' thing also ties into that logic. Meanwhile also lost count how many herein justified the Congress shooting, for one example, because people hooted "Lock Her Up" for Hillary's laundry list of crimes.

So couple all of that with the unprecedented HATRED they have for Trump, they're never going to let go of this no matter what, forever to derail every thread of discussion no matter the topic, sort of trend you might as well count on. Trump could get wet workt and immediately instead of pause half of them would be out not expressing guilt, not trying to damage control, but instead reminding everyone he was the ultimate Russia TRAITOR, this Neo-Benedict Arnold whom is going to nuke the planet dead after robbing everyone on it blind archetype scenario they would have the world believe.

These are the party that know no shame, that has made an artform at pride showboating themselves as the ultimate hypocrites in all of human history. Theirs is the kind logic that crafted an entire generation of snowflakes. These are the people that goosestep open brutality / hate crime atrocities on the streets, or at least the lot of them that dont actually do it well they drumbeat online rationalizations to support those who do; as one they show no remorse while saying the victims deserve it while wittingly falsely asserting that it was the victims who were the ones doing the assaulting. This is the movement that preaches social "justice" while for all intensive purposes essentially every example of actions & behaviors related to the scene screams PAYBACK for every incident of injustice from scam artists to schoolyard bullies to CEO's to military actions to anti-liberal partisan dirty trickery to math that is sexist to science that is racist, the world over the past 500 years; they have seemingly tabulated it all together, every single score, and divied it up amongst every white person whom isn't liberal / every anti-liberal / every conservative / etc... and to Trump most of all. This whole scene they're the ones whom upon the most breathtaking political defeat in US history, instead of growing up they were the party of double triple even quadruple down with the every aspect of the kind of BS Armada that got them evicted in the first place (hence the Russia narrative, the totally BS "dossier", the rioting, etc, etc).

I could see even Obama and Hillary get on TV and debunk this Trump = Russian TRAITOR narrative, item by item, and maybe a 1/3 of them would still set to derail threads etc with it for years to come at this point. Hell, that even DNC leadership debunked it would make it even more effective at just raw derailment fodder!

I mean they the whole lot of them have chomped down so hard on this thing it's tantamount to trying to convert them from being liberals to conservatives type of this at this stage. It's akin to hardwired ideology, its bordering on being a political philosophy as far as cognitive constructs go who knows how many already.....

This isnt about Truth. It isnt about justice in the sense of national honor & integrity. It never was. It's about making everyone that isnt them eat turds for eternity for all that Birtherism BS (even though Obama himself helped troll the whole thing for so many years). I doubt they even truly want Trump out the lot of them. They're the dogs chasing cars down the street. What would they even do with themselves anymore if they actually caught one? I doubt many of them have even, would even dare to think that far ahead on it at this point. They're convinced Trump is a pure fool, total scum, and a complete failure. They get off on getting to say it, they thrive on making people squirm over it, and live to see America embarrassed by "The Buffoon". These are the people who made a Youtube meme trend of people in their apartments taking a dump on the US flag afterall.

edit on 26-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I thought they were all sure this was the nail in the coffin....

Whom said that?

All they say is he's agreed to meet again sometime in the future and the typical excuse was given of just needing more time to really gather what's needed to grill him

Of course you would want time to digest new information before you questioned him. Considering that he has handed over some new documents, it does not seem unreasonable to want to pour-over those before his questioning.

They've had forever to gather info. This really just amounts to there being absolutely nothing on him and they have to walk back yet another failed attempt at the Russian narrative.

No. It means they need time to review the documents and adjust their questions accordingly. The Russia "narrative" is no longer a narrative. It's a real thing.

What we need to know is how far it went.

That takes time and it does not mean there is nothing to this Russia aspect.

Funny, they didn't seem to review everything else that turned into a nothing burger.

And is the Russia narrative the real thing, now that even Schumer has come out and said that Hillary didn't lose because of Russians, but because of a bad campaign?

Seems the only ones really wishing to push this anymore is the MSM(P).

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's just it...nothing has come out. There have been no reports of anything illegal or underhanded at all.

I did not say there was anything illegal that took place.

Not sure how you see it as true....still have nothing but 3rd party "evidence" to go by since the DNC blocked all intelligence agencies from actually having access to the server.

This does not hinge on just the DNC being hacked. They have evidence that hundreds, if not thousands, of systems were affected and Comey was clear that the 3rd party provided very specific forensic evidence.

I'm not creating a narrative at all....thats been done and pushed over and over by MSM and dems every opportunity they get in front of a camera.

Yes, you are creating a narrative. Read your OP. You are trying to create the idea that there is nothing to this and this must mean he is innocent. We cannot make that assertion whatsoever.

Deflection is what has happened here. And yes, Hillary does have actual proven ties to Russia and plenty more connections and payments have been brought out since this all started.

What does Hillary have to do with this? Nothing.

Trump's team has everything to do with it.

As another poster mentioned, the Russian narrative was mentioned in DNC emails well before it was the new catch all. If they had something in 2015, it would have been released to keep Trump from becoming POTUS. They still have nothing.

That doesn't mean anything. Trump's people still had contact with the Russians and it must be investigated to ensure nothing bad took place.

I am fine with waiting...as I've said before, I wish a bill would get passed to have those continuing the farce pay back all the taxpayer money wasted on it when they come up with zilch in the end.

That's a bad idea. We want the government to investigate potential wrongdoings and not have that potential cost hanging over people's head. Would we want the GOP to repay the millions they wasted on the Benghazi nonsense?

I bet not.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sure did. If they believe that the subject is withholding evidence/documents that are pertinent to the investigation, they are not going to withdraw the subpoena. They would want it all. Obviously they are satisfied that Manafort is telling the truth with the documents he has already handed over and made arrangements for him to stop by for a friendly visit later on. You want fries with that nothing burger?

Where did they say any of that?

You are projecting what you want to believe on to this matter.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Simpson was a no show, and he refused to answer
any questions, private or public.

He is obviously hiding something....

That's not true. www.politico.com...

The Senate Judiciary Committee is pulling back from plans to subpoena Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the firm that helped commission the salacious, disputed dossier on President Donald Trump’s alleged connections to Russia, according to a source familiar with the matter. Instead, Simpson is expected to be allowed to testify privately.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He turned over contemporaneous notes he took at that June, 2016 meeting with Russians in trump tower.
You know the meeting. Where nothing was learned and they were in and right back out again because it was nonsense?

But it was serious enough for Manifort to take notes.
And keep them for a year.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You don't need a subpoena when your witness is going belly up and handing you everything.
You only need a subpoena when they don't .
Manifort is looking for favor now and is cooperating with them.
Which means trump no longer owns him.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I do believe the initial investigation into Clinton was for the whitewater real estate deals .
Not for murder. OMG bring conspiracy theory and fantasy into it why don't you.
But you do illustrate how the scope is open and can go where ever it leads and there's no way trump can stop it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You don't need a subpoena when your witness is going belly up and handing you everything.
You only need a subpoena when they don't .
Manifort is looking for favor now and is cooperating with them.
Which means trump no longer owns him.

Or he was pardoned....

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

I do believe the initial investigation into Clinton was for the whitewater real estate deals .
Not for murder. OMG bring conspiracy theory and fantasy into it why don't you.
But you do illustrate how the scope is open and can go where ever it leads and there's no way trump can stop it.

Well, this is a CT site....so....

And yes...scope is wide open to investigate.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So the investigation is coming apart because they pushed back this interview so that Congress can collect more information that it wants to use in the interview? HAHAHAHA. That is some ridiculous reasoning. Even your Fox News source didn't jump to that ridiculous conclusion.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You don't know what a subpoena is.

It compels a person to appear and answer questions or provide information.
It has nothing to do with whether they think someone is telling the truth.
They withdrew it because he is cooperating with them. They don't need to compel what he is handing over freely.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ok ya got me there.
Ah the Vasa Croe I remember from the Ebola days. The one I got along with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join