It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Rally in Ohio Livestream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why would I choose to elect someone that spits propaganda?

You might as well not vote then. There is little to judge a candidate by, except for their past behavior and unfulfilled promises.

Because the president has powers to affect government, CNN does not.

Do you honestly believe that? I don't take you for a fool, but I think you need to learn a little history about the FBI and CIA's involvement in our foreign and domestic media. To be included in an upcoming thread:

Memo offers a look into the CIA’s private press pool

While most people with an interest in the history of CIA will have heard of “Operation Mockingbird,” which weaponized the press for propaganda purposes through the “Office of Policy Coordination,” there is another side to the program that’s much less well-known.

A declassified memo from 1965 reveals a network of journalists that regularly received intelligence from Ray S. Cline, one of CIA’s senior analysts and at that time the Deputy Director of the Directorate of Intelligence.

Several of these journalists were former intelligence officers and were not only involved in information and propaganda dissemination, but other ongoing CIA operations.

The CIA’s private press pool was a secret even inside the Agency

The September 17 memo framed the eight years of unofficial press contacts with the Agency’s chief analyst as being conducted for the Agency’s benefit. By improving the press’ understanding and the Agency’s rapport with the press, the memo claimed that Cline had served the Agency’s interests and not his own.

A newly discovered memo from two weeks earlier, dated September 2, suggests an alternative explanation: a reporter had attempted to use his unreported relationship as a form of graymail (blackmail involving secret information) to coerce information from the Assistant to the Director of CIA.

edit on 25-7-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

What's sad is the Trumpenning (trademarked by the way), has turned everyone into trolls it seems. Right here on ATS, the majority now praises the government because Trump is obviously Jesus Christ reborn; and it makes them spout off random absurdities. Its like watching the same old orchestrated psyop play out perfectly first hand, again. Oh wait, thats exactly what it is. Except this time the new jesus is white and "republican" (lmfao) so it is accepted tenfold with vigor by the crowd here.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You might as well not vote then. There is little to judge a candidate by, except for their past behavior and unfulfilled promises.

You forget that we can also judge them by the propaganda they spread.

Do you honestly believe that? I don't take you for a fool, but I think you need to learn a little history about the FBI and CIA's involvement in our foreign and domestic media. To be included in an upcoming thread:

Ok. So that makes it ok for Trump to spread his own propaganda?

Now I know why people fall for propaganda. Basic logic seems to be a rarity.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've gotten up the nerve to watch a few minutes of his speech and all I hear is a politician playing himself up like every other politician that came before him. He's anything but "different".

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I've gotten up the nerve to watch a few minutes of his speech and all I hear is a politician playing himself up like every other politician that came before him. He's anything but "different".

Sorry, but your assessment is inaccurate. Look at this list of accomplishments...in just 6, yes SIX months! Just wow!

As of 7.20.2017 : www.thegatewaypundit.com... will-be-great-again/

That's more any prior President... Republican or Democrat.

NOW... Could Hillary have done maybe 25% as much? No way! (Anemic. Sickly. Boozer...we've all seen it.)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Such maga. Much wow.
edit on 25-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Can we have more 40 hour a week type jobs, please. Part time jobs by temps employment companies are actually bringing down the standard of living in America. That is a fact. Unless this changes and the law stipulates temps employment agencies can only hire full time (40 hours a week) , Americans will continue to be just a slave to "whomever".

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just came home from the speech! The place was on fire! This area has typically been democrat, but Trump has tons of support here in NE Ohio. Globalism and illegal immigration have totally decimated the once great city of Youngstown, and the people here know it. Trump may or may not be different than the rest of the crooked politicians and bureaucrats that rule big government, but for the first time in a long time people here actually have some Hope that maybe something will actually be done on their behalf. That remains to be seen, but if we can't even have Hope, then what's the point?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sorry, but your assessment is inaccurate. Look at this list of accomplishments...in just 6, yes SIX months! Just wow!

As of 7.20.2017 : www.thegatewaypundit.com... will-be-great-again/

That's more any prior President... Republican or Democrat.

NOW... Could Hillary have done maybe 25% as much? No way! (Anemic. Sickly. Boozer...we've all seen it.)

Well, a lot of the things in that report are actually Obama's doing. Trump inherited a stock market that rose from a low of 7,000 to 19,000 during the past 8 years. (marketwatch chart. Look at the "whole chart") Plus, that's just the DJIA. Nasdaq shows similar here Obama had inherited a weak market and a financial crisis. Trump inherited a strong market and no financial crisis.

It's easy to look good when you start on the good ground left by your predecessor.

Likewise, the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed Trump's performance...that started on Obama's 4.8%... while conveniently ignoring that Obama started in the middle of the Great Recession with an unemployment rate of over 10% that was whittled down to 4.8%

The inflation rate doesn't mention that under Obama in 2015, the US inflation rate was actually in the negative values and dipped BELOW -2 during Obama's term.

Housing sales... yes, during the Great Recession nobody was buying houses. Trump inherited a boom economy.

US manufacturing... yes it recovered under Obama. No surprise that it was up during the first few months of Trump.

NATO spending - the author isn't aware that those deals were concluded under Obama. Trump had nothing to do with them.

However, the article is right that no other President used Twitter to snark at the news media outlets. That's not a real accomplishment.

Regulations... yes, he is smashing away at those. I'll give you that. But as an environmentalist, this isn't anything I cheer about. I want to breathe clean air and I don't want polluted streams - and the nearby Trinity River is a real mess. Nothing he did improved that.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Actually not the first time, people had tons of hope with Obama as well. According to the results, especially in northeast Ohio. What changed? Nothing apparently (although most of the positive improvements currently being attributed to Trump are due to things implemented during the last administration). But Obama was a democrat so only the negative was focused on. Trump is on the 'right' so anything positive will be attributed to him on ATS and any negatives will be brushed aside and blamed on Obama still.

Hope is great and all, but people need to not rely on dear leader whomever that may be O or T and instead continue to fight for their own behalf locally. Local is the only place the average citizen can actually make a difference. We need not forget that their is still 'TPTB' behind the scenes pushing their agenda no matter who is president. We must fight for every inch even though it may be a losing battle. Hope is great, again. But the only point is we need to join forces and put off the inevitable for as long as possible. Or accept it, which is what really is happening with blind faith in any administration.

Imo, the stock and real estate markets in many areas are clearly in a bubble again and another crash is inevitable. What happens afterwards is crucial. And unfortunately the political climate is primed for another mass blame game when the # goes down. This blame game will accomplish nothing.
edit on 26-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join