It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left's Intimidation of Republicans is Insane and Needs to Stop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: introvert

Yes, they knew what was in it. They had many debates and hearings about the legislation.

Hank Johnson debates whether or not Guam will tip over due to too many people on one side of the island.

Good for him.

Not quite sure how that helps you argument in any form or fashion, but good for him and good for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes, they knew what was in it. They had many debates and hearings about the legislation.

Hank Johnson debates whether or not Guam will tip over due to too many people on one side of the island.

Good for him.

Not quite sure how that helps you argument in any form or fashion, but good for him and good for you.

You can't expect a guy who thinks an island will tip over to have read a 2300 page bill...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Good for him.

You can't expect a guy who thinks an island will tip over to have read a 2300 page bill...

....and understand it all. (amended for further clarification, if you will).

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So, let us forget those yrs that the GOP obstructed and delayed things? Yep nothing to see here.

edit on 25-7-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Good for him.

You don't have to read all 2300 pages to understand what's in it. Most of it is legalese and definitions, etc.

Still, he very well could have read it all. You and I do not know.

Using him as an example is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Good for him.

You don't have to read all 2300 pages to understand what's in it. Most of it is legalese and definitions, etc.

Still, he very well could have read it all. You and I do not know.

Using him as an example is ridiculous.

So you are and advocate of the idea you do not have to read a bill to pass a bill then? Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The issue is that the Republican leadership is not all that conservative, nor do they have the best interests of the people at heart. They care about their jobs and lobbyists just as much as the left.
a reply to: Edumakated

Which sorta begs the question.........why vote for them? Why vote for any of the Dems either for that matter, especially if you're a tax paying wage slave. This whole system is utterly and completely broken and one main reason is that people keep voting for these two broken parties. As a result, the people who vote ARE the problem, not the solution.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Quite the appeal to emotions. Note that those who demand the government provide healthcare do so because they refused to provide healthcare themselves.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: justagod
So, let us forget those yrs that the GOP obstructed and delayed things? Yep nothing to see here.

That's the thing...

It doesn't matter or even exist in the right-winger brain when *they* do something. It's only when someone else does the exact same thing it's a problem.

The Democrats have their problems, but at least they're not openly at war against the middle and lower classes. At least the Dems clean up and put this nation back on track time and time again after we Americans collectively loose our memory and vote Republican for elite and corporate giveaways.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So you are and advocate of the idea you do not have to read a bill to pass a bill then? Thanks for clarifying.

I said no such thing. What I am saying is that it is illogical to say that the man in question could not have read the entire thing because he made one stupid comment about an island tipping over.

To say such a thing is kind of stupid. Does that mean you are an advocate for stupidity?

And I highly doubt very many read the entire thing, due to it's length. That does not mean they did not know what was in it.

edit on 25-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
a reply to: DanteGaland

Yeah, we are not in debt enough at $20 TRILLION dollars. Pile more on please!!!

Ah, but the "savings" of shoving 20+ MILLION people off of insurance and killing the ACA, is NOT GOING TO PAY OFF DEBT but rather to OFFSET A TAX CUT FOR THE RICHEST 1%!!!!!!

ARRRRRGH! Pay Attention.

Oh, I'm paying attention. Now, please explain your plan for paying for this, besides taxing the rich. See below.

The ACA is unstable and rates are rising faster than Bill Clinton's weenie. ACA is dead, and should be done away with.

I'm sorry, but we simply can't afford to provide health care for every person. It's impossible to fund. Your plan for taxing the rich, won't work. They will just take their money and leave the country, which then means that more jobs will go with them as they move operations to a more tax friendly country.

If we set the way-back machine, there used to be a time when people actually tried to find a career that also would provide them and their family with health care coverage. It's called "incentive to make yourself better". Get educated or find a skill that you can do that has jobs that include insurance. When I went to school, I prepared myself for finding a career where I can make a decent living, and knew that companies would have healthcare plans that I can look over before accepting a job offer.

It would also put around 20 million people out of work, if single payer was enforced and every health insurance company then went belly up, besides putting us so far in debt that we can never get out of it (I doubt we can already).

LET THE NAME CALLING BEGIN!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Here is your poster lady explaining how she read the ACA.

www.youtube.com...

Lord I love youtube sometimes.

edit on 25-7-2017 by fredrodgers1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Other so-called "first world countries" seem to manage it.

WHY can't America?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

I'm sorry, but we simply can't afford to provide health care for every person. It's impossible to fund.

If you say we can't afford it, surely you know how much it would cost.

So how much would it cost?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
the whole of government needs to pull its head from its ass.

the government is wretched and resembles a dead skunk that has been run over by 20 cars.

overhaul!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I KNOW you must have a tiny tiny attention span...

But TRY watching the entire speech for FULL context?

MAYBE you won't embarrass yourself so BADLY next time. . .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I said no such thing. What I am saying is that it is illogical to say that the man in question could not have read the entire thing because he made one stupid comment about an island tipping over.

To say such a thing is kind of stupid. Does that mean you are an advocate for stupidity?

And I highly doubt very many read the entire thing, due to it's length. That does not mean they did not know what was in it.

So, you can read only part of a novel and fully understand what is in it enough to spend millions of someone else's money? Nice....you must be a genius to divine the entire content by skimming through it all.

Unfortunately, this job should be done diligently when it involves spending our money.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This is Hank Johnson we are talking about... It is quite logical to say he didn't read it and has no idea what is in it. His Guam comment was hardly the first. The man is functionally retarded.

Here is a highlight reel...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

That's the problem with youtube. Too many people just watch the video and think it's gospel. Too lazy to actually find the context of what she said.

The ACA bill was already available for people to read before it was voted on.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

"Kill The Bill, Don't Kill Us!"

Ok. Give me one good reason why.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join