It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left's Intimidation of Republicans is Insane and Needs to Stop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was watching this live:

And when these idiots yelled they actually hurt my ears. And started laughing at the same time. I find these protesters Hilarious because this is just to debate. This aint even the vote and you guys are acting like this. This aint Liberal College Campuses where you can kick someone off the stage you dont agree with by violently protesting like this. This is the REAL WORLD. You get violent, you get arrested. Or if you're dumb enough to try and assassinate like the Crazy Bernie Campaign worker you get dead. How in the Hell do these paid Soros protesters not understand that this is a vote to debate?

The Left lost all power. So now they have cute chants making Republicans out to be monsters like "Kill the Bill, Don't Kill Us". So much for Free Speech. And Yes. Debates are part of Free Speech. The Left is the true Deplorables after watching this.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb

And when these idiots yelled they actually hurt my ears. And started laughing at the same time. I find these protesters Hilarious because this is just to debate. This aint even the vote and you guys are acting like this. This aint Liberal College Campuses where you can kick someone off the stage you dont agree with by violently protesting like this. This is the REAL WORLD. You get violent, you get arrested. Or if you're dumb enough to try and assassinate like the Crazy Bernie Campaign worker you get dead. How in the Hell do these paid Soros protesters not understand that this is a vote to debate?

The Left lost all power. So now they have cute chants making Republicans out to be monsters like "Kill the Bill, Don't Kill Us". So much for Free Speech. And Yes. Debates are part of Free Speech. The Left is the true Deplorables after watching this.

I'm more upset that the Republican leadership are a bunch of eunuchs and geldings... completely afraid to state their position with logic and facts for fear of being disliked.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I'm more upset that the Republican leadership are a bunch of eunuchs and geldings... completely afraid to state their position with logic and facts for fear of being disliked.

Agreed like the 2 that will supposedly say no.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The left has no alternative than to play hard ball. The republicans, thinking they have won, don't think they have to also play the same way.

That is why Trump is correct in leaning to replacing Sessions. In 'normal' political climes, Sessions act of reclusing himself would have been appropriate. Not in this environment. Trump being the target for the majority of these acts, knows first hand how far these people will and do go.

The left is 'all-in' . The Republicans think the fight is over, it seems.

They are wrong.
edit on 25-7-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Well, I heard that the vote happened and the Bill passed, with Pence breaking the tie. My question is, those 50 Senators who voted "AYE", did they finally find out what was in the Bill they voted for? Because as of last night, none of them knew the Bill's contents.

edit on 25-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Well, I heard that the vote happened and the Bill passed, with Pence breaking the tie. My question is, those 50 Senators who voted "AYE", did they finally find out what was in the Bill they voted for? Because of last night, none of them did.

Democrats didn't even know what was in Obama Care and they voted for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The left has no alternative than to play hard ball. The republicans, thinking they have won, don't think they have to also play the same way.

That is why Trump is correct in leaning to replacing Sessions. In 'normal' political climes, Sessions act of reclusing himself would have been appropriate. Not in this environment. Trump being the target for the majority of these acts, knows first hand how far these people will and do go.

The left is 'all-in' . The Republicans think the fight is over, it seems.

They are wrong.

Agreed. Sessions thought by doing this it would make the Dems and Media play nice. It only made things worse. Sessions in his testimony destroyed there Conspiracy. Its time for his recusal in all things Russia needs to end.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is the only sane response to the insanity of the "process" the Senate used to ram this through with no input. They get what they deserve. It is only the beginning so get used to it. We are angry and we have lives on the line - we are not going away.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

This is a bizarre description of a bill that spent a year working through Congress, eventually passing numerous committees, two full House majority votes, one Senate supermajority vote and, in fact, many, many, many hearings. While the law did use a budget-reconciliation bill to enact minor fiscal adjustments, a maneuver that Republicans decried as akin to a death blow to the Republic, in fact its major provisions all received 60 votes in the Senate. The bill was evaluated by the independent Congressional Budget Office, and the projected premium levels in the new exchanges turned out to be accurate, and its predictions of overall federal health spending turned out to be too pessimistic, as the federal government is now spending less on health care with Obamacare than it was projected to spend without it. The bill was enacted in a democratic, deliberate, transparent, and excruciatingly slow fashion.
nymag.com...

Your assertion is untrue.

Just because you hate people with "lefter leanings" than yourself, is it okay to lie and spread fake news about them?

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It's sad when our form of government has been reduced to how many "Likes" a politician has received on an issue.

link   
My issue is that the Republicans leadership controls all three branches of government. We can pass whatever the heck we want at this point.

We need to be going big. Swing for the fences. We need some groundbreaking YUGE legislation. Disbanding the IRS. Pushing a significant flat/fair tax. Get the libs on record opposing getting rid of the IRS. The republicans need to be ramming all kinds of sh*t through. We didn't vote for them to play nice with the left.

The issue is that the Republican leadership is not all that conservative, nor do they have the best interests of the people at heart. They care about their jobs and lobbyists just as much as the left. Trump exposed them during the primary and he is exposing them now by showing they won't do anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The US Senate used to be a place known for decorum.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well, I heard that the vote happened and the Bill passed, with Pence breaking the tie. My question is, those 50 Senators who voted "AYE", did they finally find out what was in the Bill they voted for? Because of last night, none of them did.

If that statement is based on the quote from Pelosi, it would be incorrect.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So they did know what was in that monstrosity when they passed it?

Either way....

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Flat out lie. The ACA was debated on for well over a year before it was voted in.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: introvert

So they did know what was in that monstrosity when they passed it?

Either way....

Of course they knew what was in it. And whether or not it's a monstrosity is up for debate.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes they DID.

SMDH.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Flat out lie. The ACA was debated on for well over a year before it was voted in.

AND the GOP/Republicans added over 120+ amendments to it.

Just so they could INTENTIONALLY bitch about them later.....

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not true. There was an extensive process leading up to that vote which included Republicans - a fact they seem to have amnesia about now that they are reveling in their unilateral power...

Every Republican Lie About Passing Obamacare Is True About Repeal

This [the GOP's assertion of an "authoritarian process"] is a bizarre description of a bill that spent a year working through Congress, eventually passing numerous committees, two full House majority votes, one Senate supermajority vote and, in fact, many, many, many hearings.

While the law did use a budget-reconciliation bill to enact minor fiscal adjustments, a maneuver that Republicans decried as akin to a death blow to the Republic, in fact its major provisions all received 60 votes in the Senate.

The bill was evaluated by the independent Congressional Budget Office, and the projected premium levels in the new exchanges turned out to be accurate, and its predictions of overall federal health spending turned out to be too pessimistic, as the federal government is now spending less on health care with Obamacare than it was projected to spend without it. The bill was enacted in a democratic, deliberate, transparent, and excruciatingly slow fashion.

But the claims that conservatives have falsely made about passing Obamacare provide a true description of the Republican plan to undo it. They are rushing through a bill to repeal it with maximal speed, and no public deliberation. That might be defensible if Republicans had promised the public that electing them would mean simple repeal and a restoration of the health-care system as it existed before 2010. The conservative health-care journalist Philip Klein laments that Republicans are “having a tough time stating a simple truth, which goes something like this: We don’t believe that it is the job of the federal government to guarantee that everybody has health insurance.’”

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I just want to know who the idiot is that can't even keep the beat or remember to say "...don't kill us."

The rest of it is irrelevant, but I'll tell ya, at least they didn't throw shoes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join