It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When people ask infinite useless questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I need to vent.

I dont mind people asking questions, even asking questions about things already covered in a class setting. We all learn from the answers.

I cant stand useless questions every other second about non subjects.

I am taking a very intense class lately with mountains of material I have to MEMORIZE, not just learn.

The class is fast paced, technical, and not fun.

It is plauged by 2 people who have been unprepared for class since day one.

Its called a training boot camp to express the condensed and fast paced nature of it.

One guy in particular bombed his first day because he is lazy and was called out by the instructor.

I guess he thinks that making idle talk and opening his mouth without raising his hand will make him learn things faster.

I dont know.

I hate him. LoL.

Down to his non stop twitching legs, dropping things all the time, placing papers ontop of the class projector, and so on and so on....I want this to end!

We have to use laptops in class. He didnt follow instructions and was a living IT nightmare. He is still asking about things concerning the software installation.

EVERY TIME, he is told to email the IT department. Takes them 10 minutes on remote desktop to fix anything.

I dont know. Maybe I am being a dick. Its absurd though!

Get out of here with that mess. Sleep well, rise early, do what you have to, look ahead. Its not complicated.

I just cant stand his voice anymore. Its engrained in my mind. Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

edit on 7 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No your not being a dick.

I have had to put up with this before and its really annoying.

I don't mind it so much when its people who are just struggling a bit with the course content, but something having to constantly spend time on the phone to the IT department is just annoying.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Stats?

I'd love to go back to uni but without the modern student. In fact, just me, the books and the bar.

I dunno... As the above said, if he's genuinely struggling cut him some slack. Otherwise cut his throat.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
but what if god or aliens come here and start a war and steal our pizza?

we need to ask!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I particularly hate it when people parrot things back. Especially when you know they are just doing it as a power play. As you said, the newcomer trrying to understand what is going on does not annoy me; its when you direct someone to o something and they literally repeat the same thing you said

Me: "Aright, can you go over there and grab that cheesestick?"

Parrot: "Go over there and grab the cheese stick?"

Me: "... .. . Yes"

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I dunno... As the above said, if he's genuinely struggling cut him some slack. Otherwise cut his throat.

If the OP is 'so smart', should be easy to help the guy out , even a little.

Might make class a little less painful.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Just remember...

There is no such thing as a stupid question...just stupid people.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
At my college, each seat has its own computer. In one of the classes, the professor would routinely push his screen to ours to walk us through what he was doing as part of his lecture. One day as he's getting ready to start some demonstration thing, this guy in the class goes "Should we turn our computers on?". This was an adult.

Another time I had this class where when the professor mentioned Europe being a continent, this girl raises her hand and says "I thought Europe was a country".

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sometimes this is done by someone doing "Active Listening" because they can't remember things or are too lazy to take notes.. Some TURDS will ask stupid. inane questions to show how 'smart' they are...

RTFM!!!

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No that would be a distraction. We all invested money and have allot riding on our success. If they arent ready we cant help. We need to focus on our own nightmare.

We help eachother after class, during class the instructor is in charge.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

That is exactly what this guy is doing. Its frustrating when we are trying to learn something for the first time and people start trying to make class devolve into something they find entertaining.

Our class has many people who speak english as a second language. I would rather repeat everything as many ways possible for them than hear something once that doesnt even have to do with what we are learning for a bored native english speaking person.

Here is an example. Instructor tells us about the legalities of our business as far as fiduciary expectations and the guy follows up with "how much do you get paid to teach us? Do you get paid per student that passes? Just started talking out loud.

Who the F cares. Now I need the instructor to waste time and repeat what we should be talking about since he was interupted and lost his train of thought.

When you are trying to take notes without missing a word, that makes YOU lose your train of thought.

Or asking what car people drive. Where a good parking spot would be found. If we can have a scientific calculator for basic math a regular one would be fine for.

Or if we need to do something that is common sense and were told a thousand times we had to. The guy would ask if that very basic instruction applies to every situation and then lists every absurd situation he can think of.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Amazingly this guy is going to be the only one surprised he failed the class.

After weighing carefully all the information you provided there's only one recourse, this dude needs to die.
There's always one in the group.

On the bright side this guy has an amazing career speeding at him in middle management! I'm not sure promoting someone to get rid of them is complimentary, but I see him going far in life!

(Banging head on keyboard as blood gushes forth)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

"In the olden days..." Jimmy #hispants would be grabbed by the ear and removed from class, now Jimmy gets a full team of 'professionals' and a seat up front and the rest of the class gets 'dumbed down'. The students who would 'get it' will still get it, but the ones between C and D, F get screwed because teacher/student time is wasted for the attention of Jimmy.. Heck, Jimmy probably #s His pants because it garners attention.

Wonder why nobody wants to teach anymore? The teacher in the above scenario will sigh in relief when Jimmy 'graduates' (matriculate)

Imagine the numbers of kids who now get 'Left Behind' ever since the passing of the "Nobody Left Behind"... Another example of the complete opposite as it was sold to the public..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

We help eachother after class, during class the instructor is in charge.

Thats what I meant.

new topics

top topics

join