It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Team is Imploding over Russia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Trumps Team is Imploding Over Russia!!

So a few days ago we all saw that yet another domino fell in the Trump administration with the resignation of Sean Spicer, the white house press secretary quitting. Despite his many gaffs, such as his comments about Hitler, I was surprised that he was the next one to fall. It also seems to be yet another mark of the Trump administration, high staff turnover in senior positions. So I thought I would take some time this morning and take a look at who has resigned or been fired and why and then also who might be next.

What I found however his truly troubling because when we take the time to look at these cases collectively and in the context of current events it seems to be that Trumps entire team could be imploding over Russia. Russia is a like a thread that when pulled then whole team crumbles and right now there seem to be a lot of people pulling at that thread.

As usual I will provide sources if anyone wants further information. What follows is just a brief description of the big loses connected to Russia since Trump has came to power. I am aware that many of you are very familiar with the details.

Acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, January 30.

Sally Yates was only the acting Attorney General but she left quite a mark when she left the Justice Department after a career spanning 27 years. She was fired for two main reasons, firstly she instructed the Justice Department to not defend Trumps first attempt at a travel ban after his signing of executive order 13769. I would like to add that in this instance although I do disagree with the travel ban I can understand why she was dismissed.

There is however allegedly a second reason, Yates has claimed that the Russians had compromising leverage on then Director of National Security Mike Flynn that left him open to blackmail. There have been allegations that this was also a consideration in the firing of Yates.

National Security Advisor, Micheal Flynn, February 13.

As above, before leaving her post, Sally Yates had raised concerns regarding the then Natinal Security Advisor Micheal Flynn and it has also been reported that Obama had warned the Trump administration not to give him a cabinet position. After just 23 days on the job he was forced to leave the post in the midst of a media storm during which time it was shown that he had been having inappropriate conversations with the Russian ambassador that may have contravened the Logan Act and that he misled the Vice President about the nature of these conversations. Since this the cloud of Russia has never really lifted from the White House, Flynn has since also been declared a Forgiegn Agent of the Turkish State.

James Comey, FBI Director, May 9

This may have been the biggest firing, four years into his ten tenure as Director of the FBI, James Comey was fired. There is nothing that prohibits the President firing the Director of the FBI however it was still quite a shock. Initial reports suggested that Trump fired him over his handling of Clintons emails, then it was because he “was not doing a good job”. However since then it has emerged that the real reason for firing Comey was due to This:

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

The allegation therefore is that Trump fired Comey over his investigation into Russian connections inside the White House and the wider Trump team.

The Lawyers who walked.

Throughout all of this there have been several lawyers who have also walked from the Trump administration. Such as Mark Carollo (Link) who was the spokesmen for Trumps legal team who is said to have quite following infighting with in the Trump team possibly over disagreements about Muellers investigation into Russia. Jerard Kushners layer, Jamie Gorelick (Link) has said he will no longer represent him on matters relating to Russia. Another attorney, Mark Kasowilz (Link) who was selected to defend the administration of the Russia scandal as also quit. Many of these resignations came about as Trump was apparently exploring ways to pardon himself and his inner circle over the entire Russia scandal.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Those on the Ropes.

Still within Trumps current administration there are still many who are currently on the ropes when it comes to their connections with Russians. The next member of the Trump administration that looks set to walk is Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who himself also met with Russians at first he denied this and then later changed his story. According to this Report.

revelations, based on intelligence intercepts of Kislyak’s communications, contradict Sessions’s sworn testimony before the Senate; first that he had no contacts with Russian officials during the campaign, and later his amended testimony that the contacts he had were not campaign-related

Trump himself it would seem this week has been on a mission to force Sessions to quit calling him Weak, speculation about this is rife. Some Reports are saying that:

Trump and his advisers “are privately discussing the possibility of replacing” Sessions as “potentially” part of a strategy to shut down Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

However the Trump line is that the real reason he is attacking sessions is because the Attorney General has not been hard enough on Clinton. It remains to be see how much longer Sessions will last however it seems like his days are numbered.

Then there is also the scandal that is swirling around his son-in-law and advisor Jared Kushner who just recently released information that he had attended Four meetings with the Russians. Thats not even starting on the allegations regarding Trump Jn right now that he met with Russians seeking to interfere with the presidential campaign.

Lets not forget that all of this is going on in the background of the infamous steel dossier regarding the possibility of the President having some very worrying connections with the Russians.

Final thoughts.

I think in summing this thread up its important to make a few points, firstly that there have been others who have quite the Trump team who have not cited Russia. For example his Ethics advisor quite because he thought the whole thing was turning into a "laughing stalk" and Spicer did not quite over Russia but rather a separate issue. I think its also worth remembering that there are just as many, if not more who are in the Trump team who have not been implicated with Russia. Lastly I also think its important to remember that as yet nobody has faced criminal chargers over the Russian connections to the Trump administration.

However despite saying that I do not think it can be denied that there is a very big problem in the White House and that problem is Russia. I have written this thread to explore the idea of the Russia scandal being a thread that is pulling the whole Trump team apart.

Even the way the President is currently behaving towards Jeff Sessions who was once one of his biggest supporters but seems to be falling on the sword over Russia should be very concerning to his supporters.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Clinton needs to be investigated otherwise that Russian craze will never cool down.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Clinton needs to be investigated otherwise that Russian craze will never cool down.

Ok thats fine.

Now its a separate issue however from what I am talking about in the OP, the OP is about the idea of Trumps team imploding over Russia.

So unless Hilary is now part of the Trump team, any attempts to make this about Hilary is really just deflection.

I also find it difficult to believe that you had time to read the entire OP then formulate your thoughts on it and then write a post (all be it a short one) in two minutes.

So did you read the OP?
edit on 25-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I like Russian women. Even if Russia gave Trump billions of dollars, I don't give a d.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
I like Russian women. Even if Russia gave Trump billions of dollars, I don't give a d.

So to be clear are you saying that even if Russia were found to have been secretly funding the Tramp campaign (not a accusations I am making by the way) that you would not have a problem with that?

I also fail to see how you liking Russian women has anything to do with the OP

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What's WIERD is Trump is quickly approaching "Hitler in bunker-level-paranoia"...

While I am typing on here... Trump could be ADMITTING to crimes on Twitter or DAMAGING our nation's reputation.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

People have been brainwashed about Russia, so they NEED a culprit.
It is not deflection to put on trial the one who could be investigated if the evidences were considered instead of the one you want to be investigated without evidence even you spent the last year looking for some.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Clinton has already been investigated countless times! This is about Trump not Clinton. Stop deflecting!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ummm what lol. So ya and again you have made my day
Your threads and responses to comment are out of the world. Please do go on a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

TRUMP said he wasn't going to go after Clinton right after HE took office...

But..but...ALL of a SUDDEN it's back to Hillary?

Why is that?

Could it be...

A way to distract, deflect, obscure, confuse and cover up his CRIMES

link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Again thats fine, Clinton has been investigated many times in the past.

I personally think that Trump should open his special council looking into her affairs further but that is a thread for another time.

This thread is about Trumps team imploding over the Russian scandal. So do you have anything really to say on that subject because if you are just going to make this about Hilary at every turn then I am afraid our conversation will probably go no further.

Also you didn't answer my question, did you bother to read the OP before your first post?

link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
What's WIERD is Trump is quickly approaching "Hitler in bunker-level-paranoia"...

While I am typing on here... Trump could be ADMITTING to crimes on Twitter or DAMAGING our nation's reputation.

Yup I think it is amazing how he almost seems to be going after his own team at times over the Russia issue.

Like I said in the OP Jeff Sessions was one of his biggest supporters and now there is reason to believe he is trying to force him out in order to try to shut down the Russia investigation further.

Remember Trump has already been accused of obstruction of justice, something he himself said he was under investigation for during one of his twitter storms. That leads me to believe that after the Comey incident he is trying to bully Sessions into resigning so that he can say that Jeff quit off his own free will and was not fired so it count be obstruction or abuse of power.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

ZzzZzZzZZzzzzz....

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

He's activley looking for any and ALL excuses to fire Sessions.

Having an AG that isn't recused from the Russia scandal would be pretty DARN CONVENIENT...

Wouldn't ya say?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

ZzzZzZzZZzzzzz....

If you SNOOZE you LOOSE

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
dont care

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I think he wants rid of sessions but I don't think he will fire him, I think if he was going to do that he would have just done it already.

What I doing is that he is deliberately trying to bully him into quitting.

Why?

Because he knows he could already be under investigation for obstruction of justice or could be in the future over his handling of Comey therefore if he fires Sessions that only adds to the ammunition for such a allegation. As such for him it would be much better if Sessions would just resign.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

So wake me up when you guys are serving something other than nothing burgers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join