It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient humans had sex with non humans (Could it be Aliens...)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If humans had sex with aliens, those aliens must have been genetically more like humans than any other species on the planet today.

Reality is, pre-humans had sex with other pre-humans. One branch of pre-humans died out. The other is us.
edit on 26-7-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: abeverage

What???

You can't be serious. You said:

Sorry but no...I love science truly, but this is hardly scientific...

With all due respect, this is just an ASININE statement.

This is Science. Scientist like the man in the video take time recreating these tools. This is how they know how modern an advanced things were when the Cro-Magnon appeared.

Scientist reverse engineer these things to see how long it takes them to make these tools and weapons. To say this isn't science is just LUDICROUS as Mike Tyson would say.

You are missing the point (of that very pointy spear) I am not debating the recreating of the tools/weapons, but knowing how they were thrown or used is speculation that he is stating as fact! He also has a cut scene where you see the Neanderthal spear thrown in its entirty you do not see the "modern" humans spear thrown without it cutting scene. In otherwords to prove the superiority of the modern human...

He states they could not have thrown them far just like he did (wait what)...he explains this how exactly? Why with his pathetic throw...

At least get a javelin athlete to throw this spear would be more accurate then this. Talk about ludicrous
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 26 Jul 2017 14:50:22 -0500pm2America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Again, you need to realize Scientist are debating these issues and have been debating these issues for years. The video is only 3 minutes long and it assumes the person watching has a little common sense to know there's much deeper reasoning behind the things he was saying but that video might take hours.

Again, a little COMMON SENSE is all that's needed. Here's more:

This finding by a team of anthropologists provides an important insight into a defining moment in our ancestors’ development, when early humans evolved from hunters who killed at close-quarters to sophisticated killers capable of bringing down large beasts from a distance.

The first direct evidence of thrown spears dates back to about 19,000 years ago. That is the age of the first known atlatl, or spear thrower – a device that allows a long, flexible dart to be thrown accurately at a range of 35 metres or more. Stone points that look like they were designed to be used with thrown spears date back to about 35,000 years ago.

But Steven Churchill at Duke University in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, thinks this reasoning is flawed. A two-handed spear thrust will put far more stress on the dominant arm holding the back end of the spear than the front arm, he says. This would explain the differences in strength found in fossil bones.

To test this idea, Churchill and his colleagues Daniel Schmitt and William Hylander initially measured the dimensions of a number of Neanderthal humerus (upper arm) bones. This showed they are thicker front to back than side to side, which is what would be expected if the bones had adapted to cope with an asymmetric force.

Later humans who were known to have used spears had rounder humeri, which suggests that throwing a spear distributes force relatively evenly along the bones.

www.newscientist.com...

Again, if you took the time to actually look into these issues before commenting, you would know there's much more evidence behind what's being said in the video on both sides of the issue.

The person watching should have enough basic common sense to know this.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Here's a suggestion.

When you're anal-retentive about the use of the word Cro-Magnon on a message board about Aliens, you look kind of silly and it's obvious you can't debate the issue.

Just because Cro-Magnons are commonly called Homo Sapiens Sapiens or European early modern humans today doesn't invalidate the years and years of research when they were called Cro-Magnon.

"For years and years" it was thought that stones couldn't fall out of the sky.
So, it's okay to just keep on with that idea?

There is no such creature as "Cro Magnon Man." Never was.

It's on par with calling ancient humans "ape-men" or "cave men."

The anthropologist in you vid doesn't call them Cro Magnon, you'll notice.
The misnomer is in the title.

originally posted by: neoholographicThe fact that you can't debate the issue and you're debating semantics just shows you have no argument.

"Issue?" There's no issue here for debate. There is a statement that "...something happened..." 150k years ago, a claim that is completely unevidenced.

originally posted by: neoholographicCro-Magnons is still used in popular culture and I'm on a message board, not debating a Professor. It's a difference in name only. So when you say:

If you're trying to find out more about this particular subject, don't bother with any video or site that talks about or refers to the emergence of Cro Magnon man.

That's just a flat out lie!

That's a lie?
Do you speak English?
That was a suggestion. Please point out the "lie" you think you see.

originally posted by: neoholographicThere's over 100 years of Research where the term Cro-Magnon was used. Why would science throw out all of that research because of Semantics? That's just nonsense.

There's over 100 years of research where bumps on peoples' heads were used to determine personality traits.
Longevity is not an asset then, is it.

originally posted by: neoholographicIf we start calling Gravity Emergent Entanglement because we discover Gravity is tied to the entropy of Entanglement as some suggest, that doesn't mean all of the research that used the word Gravity would be thrown out. That would be ASININE.

Gravity is an actual thing. Cro Magnon is a made-up name for some modern humans - Like using the term "Texans" instead of Humans.

originally posted by: neoholographicHere's more:

Why Don't We Call Them Cro-Magnon Anymore?

Cro-Magnon is the name scientists once used to refer to what are now called Early Modern Humans or Anatomically Modern Humans--people who lived in our world at the end of the last ice age (ca. 40,000-10,000 years ago); they lived alongside Neanderthals for about 10,000 of those years. They were given the name 'Cro-Magnon' because, in 1868, parts of five skeletons were discovered in the rock shelter of that name, located in the famous Dordogne Valley of France.

A century and a half of research since then has led scholars to believe that the physical dimensions of so-called 'Cro-Magnon' are not sufficiently different enough from modern humans today to warrant a separate designation. Scientists today use 'Anatomically Modern Human' (AMH) or 'Early Modern Human' (EMH) to designate the Upper Paleolithic human beings who looked a lot like us but did not have the complete suite of modern human behaviors, or rather, who were in the process of developing those behaviors.

www.thoughtco.com...

Like I said, you're debating semantics because you can't debate the issue. The only reason they started calling them Early Modern Humans is because they weren't so different from us that they needed a separate designation.

It goes on to say:

Before the return of EMH to the Middle East and Europe, the first modern behaviors are in evidence at several South African sites of the Still Bay/Howiesons Poort tradition, about 75,000-65,000 years ago. But it wasn't until about 50,000 years ago or so that a difference in tools, in burial methods, in the presence of art and music, and changes in social behaviors as well, had been developed. At the same time, waves of early modern humans left Africa.

BOOM!

Exactly what I have been saying.

All of a sudden, modern social behaviors appeared that led to the modern world. Where did this come from? All of a sudden you had a Cro-Magnon(early modern humans) appear with an advanced civilization that led to civilizations like Egypt, Greece and America.

There is no "issue" here. There is a lack of evidence.
Like I said, the timeline that you claim this doesn't fit doesn't even exist.

Anyway, my point was to help you. You are, of course, free to continue to base what you think you know on the inane ramblings of online idiots.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

What???

You can't be serious. You said:

Sorry but no...I love science truly, but this is hardly scientific...

With all due respect, this is just an ASININE statement.

This is Science. Scientist like the man in the video take time recreating these tools. This is how they know how modern an advanced things were when the Cro-Magnon appeared.

Scientist reverse engineer these things to see how long it takes them to make these tools and weapons. To say this isn't science is just LUDICROUS as Mike Tyson would say.

You are missing the point (of that very pointy spear) I am not debating the recreating of the tools/weapons, but knowing how they were thrown or used is speculation that he is stating as fact! He also has a cut scene where you see the Neanderthal spear thrown in its entirty you do not see the "modern" humans spear thrown without it cutting scene. In otherwords to prove the superiority of the modern human...

He states they could not have thrown them far just like he did (wait what)...he explains this how exactly? Why with his pathetic throw...

At least get a javelin athlete to throw this spear would be more accurate then this. Talk about ludicrous

Not to mention the fact that Neanderthals were quite a bit more robust than us Sapiens.
That said, if they HAD invented those lighter spears, they could have thrown them further than the heavy ones.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Again, you need to realize Scientist are debating these issues and have been debating these issues for years. The video is only 3 minutes long and it assumes the person watching has a little common sense to know there's much deeper reasoning behind the things he was saying but that video might take hours.

Again, a little COMMON SENSE is all that's needed. Here's more:

This finding by a team of anthropologists provides an important insight into a defining moment in our ancestors’ development, when early humans evolved from hunters who killed at close-quarters to sophisticated killers capable of bringing down large beasts from a distance.

The first direct evidence of thrown spears dates back to about 19,000 years ago. That is the age of the first known atlatl, or spear thrower – a device that allows a long, flexible dart to be thrown accurately at a range of 35 metres or more. Stone points that look like they were designed to be used with thrown spears date back to about 35,000 years ago.

But Steven Churchill at Duke University in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, thinks this reasoning is flawed. A two-handed spear thrust will put far more stress on the dominant arm holding the back end of the spear than the front arm, he says. This would explain the differences in strength found in fossil bones.

To test this idea, Churchill and his colleagues Daniel Schmitt and William Hylander initially measured the dimensions of a number of Neanderthal humerus (upper arm) bones. This showed they are thicker front to back than side to side, which is what would be expected if the bones had adapted to cope with an asymmetric force.

Later humans who were known to have used spears had rounder humeri, which suggests that throwing a spear distributes force relatively evenly along the bones.

www.newscientist.com...

Again, if you took the time to actually look into these issues before commenting, you would know there's much more evidence behind what's being said in the video on both sides of the issue.

The person watching should have enough basic common sense to know this.

Funny...I was actually enjoying your thread, until you went and insulted me with your basic common sense remark.

You posted a video and a link (to old evidence I might add) of the Neanderthal that portrays them as less superior to us the Homosapian (sapian), when recent evidence shows they were possibly smarter but miss-communicated nor expressed technology exhanges much like your thread...
Not to mention it does not further your view of Aliens having sex with any species of human...as there is NO scientific proof of ALIEN DNA only a proto-human or unknown species of human. Nothing says it is extraterrestrial...but go on...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 26 Jul 2017 17:02:07 -0500pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: Aliens made me

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Escapees from the Cylon war anyone ?

I jest it could have been alien humanoids breeding with the locals.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

To be fair, Neanderthal had little impetus to make a lighter spear for throwing. Their shoulder anatomy made it almost impossible for them to have been an effective overhand thrower. One of the crappy jobs I started out with was measuring attachment point scars to determine muscle mass etc... when I was deciding if I wanted to change direction for my thesis or drop grad school for the time being because the technology didn't exist in '97 that would have allowed me to do the proper research to explore my hypothesis at the time. I could probably do it now if I went back thanks to the work Svante Paabo has done the last 15 or so years but that's an entirely separate topic... Back on point, Neanderthal didn't have a use for lighter throwing spears that they couldn't use well. The more robust Mousterian lithics served them quite well for close quarters, large group attacks on large herbivores. Heavier spears with larger, broader points made it easier for them to essentially use the ground to anchor themselves with the spear angled outwards while other members of the group chased the poor animal towards the ambush point. It's why we see a lot of broken clavicles and serious ark and skull fractures in HN. If their shoulder anatomy were a little different, they may have invented the Atlatl or bow and arrow before HSS.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The fact that you're still debating semantics and not substance shows you don't know what you're talking about. You said:

Gravity is an actual thing. Cro Magnon is a made-up name for some modern humans - Like using the term "Texans" instead of Humans.

You can't be serious.

Cro-Magnon isn't some made up name.

It comes from Abri de Cro-Magnon which is in France where the first specimens were found in 1868. I'ts just IGNORANT to say this is some made up name and even if it was they're both talking about the same thing.

Early Modern Humans is a better name based on what we know now about their genetics and anatomy.

The fact that you can't grasp something that simple is just....

Also, Cro-Magnon, Early Modern Humans, came onto the scene and changed everything.

Why? Because Neanderthals lacked the sophistication and curiosity of early modern humans. This is why we advanced and they didn't.

Neanderthals traveled in groups and they stayed in those groups. The first early Neanderthals that came after the proto-Neanderthals were around for 200 to 250,000 years and nothing really changed. Like the Scientist in the video said, they kept reinventing the wheel.

Early modern humans came onto the scene around 50,000 - 60,000 years ago and look where we are now.

Again, this is because Neanderthals lacked human curiosity which cause humans to work on projects for hours to try and figure things out. With Neanderthals, any exchange of information was very slow because they stayed in these tight groups.

Humans want to explore, learn new information, then come back to the group and share that information.

Where did this come from?

When you look at the historical record, it shows something happened in Africa around 150,000 - 200,000 years ago. Primitive hominids changed. I and others have been saying for years that an Advanced civilization changed them. This ghost species.

These changed hominids began to evolve into modern humans. We see traces of these changes, 65 nd 75,000 years ago and then they explode onto the scene in Europe.

Whoever changed them had to be more advanced than them.

Like I said, the Neanderthals were around 200-250,000 years and most of them were still living in caves. In 100,000 years or less, we're flying in airplanes, walking around with smartphones and building 160 story buildings.

To me, this is clear evidence that an adavanced civilization changed primitive hominids in Africa.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The fact that you're still debating semantics and not substance shows you don't know what you're talking about. You said:

You can't be serious.

Cro-Magnon isn't some made up name.

It comes from Abri de Cro-Magnon which is in France where the first specimens were found in 1868. I'ts just IGNORANT to say this is some made up name and even if it was they're both talking about the same thing.

Er - I just told you that.

I say again, you don't have to take my advice on perhaps bettering your understanding.
I made a suggestion - so what?

Keep on following the Cro Magnon information, by all means.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Also, Cro-Magnon, Early Modern Humans, came onto the scene and changed everything.

Why? Because Neanderthals lacked the sophistication and curiosity of early modern humans. This is why we advanced and they didn't.

If they lacked sophistication, then why were they still making more advanced lithics when EMH first met up with them in the Levant ~80-100 Ka? Why did the HSS lithics not improve until AFTER they spent time at the same sites, cohabitating with Neanderthal? Why did Neanderthal bury their dead first? Or make jewelry first? You are completely ignoring the plethora of "modern" behaviors exhibited by Neanderthal prior to encountering HSS such as fitted clothing, jewelry making, body painting, burial of the dead, how were they able to build boats and navigate to islands that were beyond the sight of land without a way to navigate and on and on.

Neanderthal traveled in groups and they stayed in those groups. The first early Neanderthals that came after the proto-Neanderthals were around for 200 to 250,000 years and nothing really changed. Like the Scientist in the video said, they kept reinventing the wheel.

except that he is wrong. Neanderthal managed quite a number of accomplishments as I mentioned above and earlier. To say that nothing really changed is intellectually dishonest. And do you have any evidence that EMH did not travel and stay in grips? The size of their groups may have been slightly larger than the family groups that Neanderthal stayed within, but not by much until the late Pleistocene.

modern humans came onto the scene around 50,000 - 60,000 years ago and look where we are now.

perhaps then you can explain why your magic video neglects certain facts such as humans in Southern Africa ( who weren't among the HSS populations who migrated to Europe), actually developed cognitively modern behaviors prior to the EMH that you insist on referring to in anachronistic terms?

, this is because Neanderthals lacked human curiosity which cause humans to work on projects for hours to try and figure things out. With Neanderthals, any exchange of information was very slow because they stayed in these tight groups.

No, its because Neanderthal were too specialized for their ecological niche and weren't able to move into warmer areas of the world. They only moved into the Levant and Morocco for example, when the climate in those areas became colder and they were able to utilize the niche better. Neanderthal clearly had an intellectual curiosity if they made art and exhibited signs that could be interpreted as religious symbolism. When a group of Neanderthal sets up an intricate formation of stalagmites and stalactites over 1000 feet deep inside of a cave, requiring cooperation, communication and a way to light their way, i would think that definitely demonstrates a "human curiosity". You're incorrectly maligning Neanderthal as if they as=re the dim witted savages they were portrayed to be from the 19th century until about 20 years or so ago.

Humans want to explore, learn new information, then come back to the group and share that information. where did this come from?

Where did it come from in Neanderthal? Denisovan? Erectus, Heidelbewrgensis, Antecessor, Floresiensis and on and on and on.... and for the record, all of the other hominid species I mentioned... they're all human.

When you look at the historical record, it shows something happened in Africa around 150,000 - 200,000 years ago. Primitive hominids changed. I and others have been saying for years that an Advanced civilization changed them. This ghost species.

No, 150-200 Ka did not show some mysterious and sudden change. That's why Omo is still considered an "archaic" Homo sapiens. Not Homo Sapiens Sapiens I'm genuinely baffled as to how you got all of that from a gene that altered the consistency of saliva?.Really? There was a slow, gradual transition from Heidelbergensis to Sapiens and this is clear in the fossil record. There was no sudden emergence.

These changed hominids began to evolve into modern humans. We see traces of these changes, 65 nd 75,000 years ago and then they explode onto the scene in Europe.

Yeah, the change was a result of meeting and cohabitating with Neanderthal at multiple sites in the Levant starting 80-100 Ka. There was an exchange of ideas and genes.

Whoever changed them had to be more advanced than them.

Again... thats what you get from a gene that altered the consistency of saliva.... stretching things just a wee bit aren't we? Different saliva doesn't mean more advanced. It means genetic variation. It took nearly 150 Ka for "modern" behaviors to appear in Homo Sapiens. You might want to look into John Hawks research into Homo Naledi

I said, the Neanderthals were around 200-250,000 years and most of them were still living in caves. In 100,000 years or less, we're flying in airplanes, walking around with smartphones and building 160 story buildings.

No, most of them weren't living in caves. Citation please? There is plenty of evidence of them living in primitive structures. It just happens that caves like Skuhl and Quafzah were better able to preserve more remains by isolating them from the elements.

To me, this is clear evidence that an advanced civilization changed primitive hominids in Africa.

Your definition of clear evidence is drastically different than the one PaleoAnthropologists use

You are making a lot of statements as though they are fact based by they are really stretching the bounds of known science and leaning heavily on conjecture and hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Your whole post is devoid of any evidence just inane rambling.

The Neanderthals were not sophisticated nor nearly as intelligent as modern humans. The evidence is this.

NEANDERTHALS WERE AROUND 200-250,000 YEARS WITHOUT EARLY MODERN HUMANS AND THEY DID NOTHING!

If they were so intelligent and information flowed between them like with early modern humans, why don't we see Neanderthal airplanes or Neanderthal flat screen TV's?

They were around for 200-250 years and proto-Neanderthals date back to 600,000 years.

There's an effort to make Neanderthals more intelligent than they were. They were not as primitive as some first thought but they weren't Einstein's either.

Here's more:

Neanderthals Lived in Small, Isolated Populations, Gene Analysis Shows

Modern humanity's ancient cousins, the Neanderthals, lived in small groups that were isolated from one another, suggests an investigation into their DNA. The analysis also finds that Neanderthals lacked some human genes that are linked to our behavior.

Now moving beyond ancestry, researchers are comparing these ancient gene maps to those of modern humans. The comparisons may point to genes that make us uniquely human and uncover links to the origins of genetic ailments.

Compared to Neanderthals, humanity appears to have evolved more when it comes to genes related to behavior, suggests a team headed by Svante Pääbo, a pioneer in ancient genetics at Germany's Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology. Their study was published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

They note in particular that genes linked to hyperactivity and aggressive behavior in modern humans appear to be absent in Neanderthals. Also missing is DNA associated with syndromes such as autism.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Exactly what I have been saying and the DNA supports this.

Again, if Neanderthals were so intelligent, where are their castles and skyscrapers? They had 200-250,000 years and most of them still lived in caves. We have been around less than that and we're working with artificial intelligence and building quantum computers.

Here's more:

Early Human Populations Evolved Separately For 100,000 Years

Over 600 complete mtDNA genomes from indigenous populations across the continent were analyzed and the data provided surprising insights into the early demographic history of human populations before they moved out of Africa. The extensive data analysis revealed that early human populations were small and isolated from each other for many tens of thousands of years.

The migrations after 60,000 years ago that led modern humans on their epic journeys to populate the world have been the primary focus of anthropological genetic research, but relatively little is known about the demographic history of our species over the previous 140,000 years in Africa. The current study returns the focus to Africa and in doing so refines our understanding of early modern Homo sapiens history.

Doron Behar, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, said: "We see strong evidence of ancient population splits beginning as early as 150,000 years ago, probably giving rise to separate populations localized to Eastern and Southern Africa. It was only around 40,000 years ago that they became part of a single pan-African population, reunited after as much as 100,000 years apart."

Recent paleoclimatological data suggests that Eastern Africa went through a series of massive droughts between 135,000-90,000 years ago. It is possible that this climatological shift contributed to the population splits. What is surprising is the length of time the populations were separate - as much as half of our entire history as a species.

Saharon Rosset, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, NY and Tel Aviv University, said: "The analysis of such a massive dataset presents statistical and computational challenges as well as great opportunities for discovery of the events that shaped our history and genetic landscape. For example, we can see evidence of a population expansion period starting around 70,000 years ago, perhaps leading to the out of Africa dispersal shortly afterward."

The timing of these events coincides with the onset of the Late Stone Age in Africa, a change in material culture that many archaeologists believe heralds the beginning of fully modern human behavior, including abstract thought and complex spoken language.

Previous studies have shown that while human populations had been quite small prior to the Late Stone Age, perhaps numbering fewer than 2,000 around 70,000 years ago, the expansion after this time led to the occupation of many previously uninhabited areas, including the world beyond Africa.

www.sciencedaily.com...

This is very important, because it supports what I'm saying.

Many populations in Africa started out living in a similar isolated way like the Neanderthals. Something changed and you had this modern human behavior starting to form and populations began to grow and they became less isolated and started living in previously unoccupied areas. They eventually left Africa, and this change in behavior led to the modern world today.

So this supports what I've been saying. An advanced civilization mingled their DNA with primitive, isolated hominids in Africa and they exploded out of Africa and went from isolated groups to making self driving cars.

We owe our modern existence to this advanced civilization.

edit on 27-7-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The answer is no, it can't be aliens, since it specifically states it was a early human species.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

None of those citations support "what you've been saying all along". It's clear to anyone that's studied Pleistocene Homonds and admixture that you are cherry picking what you think works and completely ignoring the entire body of work that doesn't support it. You've got s narrative and nothing will deter you from that course. The size of Neanderthal groups has no bearing on their creativity. None of what you posted disputes that they buried their dead, created art, painted their bodies or sailed to islands that were out of sight of land or anything else I mentioned. It doesn't claim that HSS lithics were superior to Mousterian prior to Levantine contact. You're focusing on group size and it's irrelevant to your argument. The onus lies with you to demonstrate the superiority of the unknown hominid species. Without an archeological record, your claim is nothing but conjecture and hyperbole. The only thing that can be proven based on the genetic data is that they altered the consistency of saliva. Nothing about that indicates superiority. And nothing in any of your own inane ramblings even hints at, let alone proves, contact with advanced aliens let alone advanced hominids. As I said earlier, to anyone who has studied the late Pleistocene hominid populations professionally, you're obviously reaching well beyond the limits of evidence. But myself and Harte are the clueless ones? Thanks for the laugh! It's a good way to start my day off!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You and the other guy haven't refuted anything. It's just these ramblings that have nothing to do with anything that has been said.

The one guy wants to debate semantics because he can't debate the issue.

You want to make it seem like the Neanderthals were this beacon of high society because you can't explain the level of sophistication and modern behavior that occurred that has led to the modern world of today in less than 100,000 years when the Neanderthals had carte blanche on the planet for 200 to 250,000 years and nothing changed.

We don't see trains, computers or castles built by these Einstein's of ingenuity as you're trying to turn them into because you can't refute the evidence presented. Most of these Neanderthals still lived in caves 200,000 years later.

I have laid out the timeline that has occurred and presented evidence that supports that timeline.

The other guy debates semantics and you're trying to turn the Neanderthals into The Vanderbilts.

So yes, there had to be an advanced civilization that mingled their DNA with primitive hominids in Africa. We see clear evidence of modern behavior starting to appear culminating around 50,000 to 60,000 years ago when they showed up in Europe.

The Neanderthals lived in tight groups and they didn't have curiosity about their world or the desire to explore and share information like early modern humans.

These hominids in Africa started the same way and without the intervention of this advanced civilization, we would still be living in isolation of each other without sharing information. Again, I quote evidence that supports this:

Over 600 complete mtDNA genomes from indigenous populations across the continent were analyzed and the data provided surprising insights into the early demographic history of human populations before they moved out of Africa. The extensive data analysis revealed that early human populations were small and isolated from each other for many tens of thousands of years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

What happened? Why did these early hominids go from living in isolated groups like the Neanderthals to wanting to explore, share information and build civilizations?

This has been debated for years and nobody can explain it. This is why you're desparately and poorly I might add, trying to turn the Neanderthals into this beacon of high society LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You and the other guy haven't refuted anything. It's just these ramblings that have nothing to do with anything that has been said.

The one guy wants to debate semantics because he can't debate the issue.

You have no issue to debate. You have some opinions that are completely unevidenced.

It seems that if people don't nod along with you on your ignorant ramblings, then they must be "unable to debate the (nonexistent) issue."

All I did was offer you some benign advice. I didn't tell you how wrong you are or how stupid you're making yourself look.

I made a suggestion that you don't use for information people or websites that cite "Cro Magnon Man" as some sort of other species, as if they were distinct. Any factual info you can get from them is available elsewhere from people who know not to use that term, and lots of sites that DO use the term are not reliable for valid information. That fact is indisputable. As I explained, such people (on the internet) are exhibiting their own ignorance and you would find better and much more relevant information if you avoided them.

Here is what I said, to which you overreacted far worse than a spoiled child:

originally posted by: Harte
Here's a suggestion.

If you're trying to find out more about this particular subject, don't bother with any video or site that talks about or refers to the emergence of Cro Magnon man.

Cro Magnon Man was modern Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

In other words, us.

There was at least one other subspecies of Homo Sapiens - Homo sapiens idaltu in Africa, and likely others.

This "timeline" you mention has not been established. Since that's the case, Anthropologists can only go by the evidence they have in hand.

Anyway, a website talking about "Cro Magnon" is using an outdated term that applies to a particular group of Homo Sapiens Sapiens whose remains were found on the property of a Frenchman whose last name was Magnon.

Harte

As you can see, I have not attempted to refute any of your sophomoric ramblings.
Just trying to give advice, which you threw back in my face, instantly defending idiots that think "Cro Magnon Man" is a thing.

To repeat - you are welcome not to follow my advice.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Everything I have said, I have presented evidence to support. I have laid out a timeline that's supported by the evidence and hasn't been reuted.

This is why you make ASININE statements like this:

I made a suggestion that you don't use for information people or websites that cite "Cro Magnon Man" as some sort of other species, as if they were distinct.

Where did I say Cro-Magnon was a distinct species from early modern humans? This is just a strawman arguement about semantics because you can't debate the issue.

The video I posted talked about Cro-Magnon vs Neanderthal.

In fact, my very first post says this:

The Cro-Magnons were not stupid or brutish. On the contrary they were highly skilled at making efficient tools from stone, bone, wood and antler. Physically they were exactly the same as modern humans. They looked just like us.

I doubt you actually read what you're responding to.

The fact is, your the only one making this silly argument that has nothing to do with the thread this is because you can't refute the substance of the thread or any of the evidence that has been presented.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Cro Magnon is to early human what Texan is to modern human.

edit on 27-7-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Again, if Neanderthals were so intelligent, where are their castles and skyscrapers? They had 200-250,000 years and most of them still lived in caves. We have been around less than that and we're working with artificial intelligence and building quantum computers.

Homo sapien sapians have been around 300,000 years and its only in the last 1,000 that we started building castles and the last 100 that we constructed skyscrapers ....

So. your point is?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Everything I have said, I have presented evidence to support. I have laid out a timeline that's supported by the evidence and hasn't been reuted.

This is why you make ASININE statements like this:

I made a suggestion that you don't use for information people or websites that cite "Cro Magnon Man" as some sort of other species, as if they were distinct.

Where did I say Cro-Magnon was a distinct species from early modern humans? This is just a strawman arguement about semantics because you can't debate the issue.

More overreaction.
Please read what I said and you quoted.
Does it say you said anything?

No, it says your sources say that.

Look man, I'm not playing your stupid game.
Have fun.

Harte

<< 1  2   >>

join