It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Boy Scouts speech broke with 80 years of presidential tradition

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So there you have our President. A man his supporters claim is an alpha male and yet is clearly so insecure with himself he has to campaign for a job he already has to a crowd where the majority aren't even eligible to vote.

Trump is the first President that never held a government or military high ranking job before, so get over it...he will be very different than all others...lol

You mean he has been living and working in the real world all his life?

Wow, that IS different!

I think he meant Trump has had no political or diplomatic or government job experience nor served in the armed forces or has a modicum of know-how to running a country or could come up or hire people who could come up with a bill for health Care for his constituents.

but, where are those memes you guys use to tell 'libtards' that the election is over... maybe we should let Trump know so we can move forward instead of campaigning at a children's forum....

who would have thought platforming on healthcare would mean actually coming up with a bill that works... or threatening another country to pay for something built for us on our soil would be a joke to people with half a brain (tumor)!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
WHO CARES

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
WHO CARES

Carebears of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You're right. They're not eligible to vote...YET.

But, in a few years,...they will be.

Looks like they loved him!

using this logic the next american president will be bob the minion

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
only took 3 pages for someone to Godwin the thread, good job clown.

As for his "recruiting" the children... can anyone name me a president since oh WW1 that did not recruit the young?

If you are only complaining now because of Trump, congratulations you are part of the problem in America.

Yes his speech was kind of all over the place, all of his speeches are so why was this a surprise?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wash, rinse and repeat.... no matter who is listening.

I can see why we moved on to cassettes. That sound loop that you can get from scratched vinyl is annoying as hell.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Um, it's not Trump's job to come up with bills. That job is Congresses. Didn't you take Civics in school?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
On a final note to the people lacking critical thinking skills, the Hitler youth were an organization formed in 1922 focused on young men aged 14-18, they young men under went years of brain washing, only hearing one message day in and day out.

Comparing that level of psychological torture to a 40 min speech is a complete and total failure of critical thinking.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: roadgravel

You're just jaded that the kids are alt-right.
www.buzzfeed.com...

Who would of thought that is what would happen. We should be so proud.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
After all of these comments I am still trying to see where what the OP is writing about occurred.

Trump’s Boy Scouts speech broke with 80 years of presidential tradition

How? Have you ever looked at the historical speeches?

blog.scoutingmagazine.org...

They are all different. They talk about war. Also, only half of the last 11 presidents showed up to address the crowd at the BSA.

He broke with no tradition. He did not tell the kids anything bad. From what I heard during his speech he was very well recieved by the attendees but a few parents go to Facebook and the WaPo decsribes it as a HItler youth rally.

Trump is different. It is refreshing. He is not a f'n robot with marching orders and we see what happens now, in the modern age, when this happens. Act presidential? How about act human and be yourself. Call people out and do not stay silent. Point out things that might hurt someones feelings and GTF over it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Man, talk about tone deaf. Comrade Cheeto just doesn't get it.
What an embarrassment to this country.
As an Eagle scout myself, I remember enough about scouting to know that pretty much everything Trump says and does is diametrically opposed to the values scouting seeks to instill.
No surprise there.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Has anyone listened to his speech..it was f'ing painful..this clown has no clue whatsoever how to relate. I can't imagine his interactions with his own kids as they grew/growing up..this is the guy who implied too bad she was related or he would shag his daughter.
What a pathetic hack.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Has anyone listened to his speech..it was f'ing painful..this clown has no clue whatsoever how to relate. I can't imagine his interactions with his own kids as they grew/growing up..this is the guy who implied too bad she was related or he would shag his daughter.
What a pathetic hack.

Apparently most people haven't, no.

I listened to some of it earlier, and yes, it was awful. Just... when he was boasting about all of his sexual conquests on a yacht in the south of France and, you know what I mean right kids? I can't say what I was doing to all the women on my yacht, but you guys get it? Right? Oh yeah, they got it good, you know what I mean? Etc. Etc.

Disgusting. A speech in front of kids.

Was good to see the head of the Scout movement condemning him for it today.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Satire:

Umm according to reference.com, only 2 US presidents were bonafide boy scouts, Gerard Ford and John F Kennedy. Two others, Bill Clinton and George Bush, were cub scouts. Barrack Obama was a cub scout in the indonesian scout association. So yes, if you want to make a point, be prepared.

EDIT: Ok maybe i'm stretching the truth, but here's hte link:
www.reference.com - How many U.S. presidents were Boy Scouts?...

I have no horse in this race. I don't like Trump. Didn't vote for him. I liked Obama. BUT getting at the truth is important to me. If it turns out I'm wrong, so be it. I've been wrong more than right.
edit on 7/26/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

*snip

Trump is different. It is refreshing. He is not a f'n robot with marching orders and we see what happens now, in the modern age, when this happens. Act presidential? How about act human and be yourself. Call people out and do not stay silent. Point out things that might hurt someones feelings and GTF over it.

Look at my post above, I'm not here to bash Trump. I read his full speech. But seriously when will Trump GTF over it? He brings up his own problems and victories and rivalries much too often IMHO. In the case of this specific speech, I think he was attempting to give examples for perseverance and working hard. I don't think all of the political talk was an attempt to elucidate, and I agree it's one of his faults, although maybe it's exaggerated for effect. Lets be honest, many people--including media--are out to get him. I've been out to get him my fair share of times, despite not voting democrat.

IMHO, Barrack Obama not showing up at the 2010 Jambaree, it being a 2 minute recording and him being on The View, stands out more than Trump's speech. How could he do that to them. It's hard to say, maybe htis is normal for US president, but me being an outsider, I don't know that.

He had the time for The View, but not to attend the jamboree:
(aired July 29 2010, recorded previously on 27th I think)

edit on 7/26/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

You should try community organizer. It's good work. Helping those around you. The potentials realized. Good stuff. Well worth the time to understand first-hand. Bravo.

Maybe for some, but Obama's was long the lines of activist...Either way everything a person needs to be a successful President...lol

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

When will you cultists stop saying "get over it"? You're not 12. It's not as simple as just getting over it. As evidenced by the Right for Obama's entire 8 years, despite him being a genuinely decent person. Donnie is a vile narcissist so obviously people are going to call him out.

I really snicker every time the word narcissist is used and then Obama's name is used as to something other than that.. Obama had a free ride the first 4 years and still on his second 4 barely got a scratch from some rather damning things he and/or his team was involved with. I accepted Obama for 8 years as my President too, wanting him to do good even though he let me down each year and yet I didn't vote for the man either time.

This is why "get over it" is so fitting. Get on board with our system of Government, and support it. If you do not like it then in 4 years vote someone else in.

edit on 26-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was embarrassed for him frankly. Even at his advanced age, he still has no perception of what is inappropriate.
He even discussed his campaign (Yawn) with these kids who aren't old enough to vote, asking them among other things if they were excited to see how red the maps were on election. Seriously? Did he really think the kids put down their facebook and games that evening to watch the election results?

Nutty, I tell you. As a fruit cake. In fact, he might be a fruitcake. Oh my God! You've elected a fruitcake!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

You mean he has been living and working in the real world all his life?

Wow, that IS different!

Ya the sector of work where performance means something, and where failure and ineptness gets you fired rather quickly. No ten year there, no sit on your butt for 30 years and get a pension...

edit on 26-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

No kidding..half of this thread is 'but Obama' they are clearly not over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join