It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Boy Scouts speech broke with 80 years of presidential tradition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I have been reading many parents are upset about him making it political.

Many parents that were actually there? How many is many?

And I find it funny that anyone would be upset about the POTUS making a speech that is political....

Anywho....I can only guess that "many" is likely a small handful as if you watch the speech the whole crowd erupts in cheers at many of the statements and even boos when Clinton and Obama are mentioned.

This WaPo spin on it is hilarious....again....feigned outrage to get those that only watch a 1 minute clip up in arms on social media and have another hit piece to regurgitate.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Looks like nothing is sacred any more, not even scout summer camp. But then creating division via politics is what Mr. Trump likes to do even at scout camp.
edit on 7/25/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey let's talk about this instead of the Healthcare vote, Sessions or us firing on Iran. Man, the cheeto opposition is really sticking it to him with this....

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

LOL....oh the outrage! Sure sounded like the crowd loved it....but yeah....Trump Bad

The "crowd" of pubescent boys?

The fact of the matter is once more, Trump proves himself a shameless, classless douche bag who can't even act "presidential" when speaking in front of children.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just what is presidential? Getting blow jobs in the oval office? Saying that as a business owner you did not create your own business? Telling people after terror attacks that those who perpetrated such attacks should not be bothered? Jacking up my healthcare to the point I cannot afford but a person with no job is covered?

He gave a speech for 35 minutes and unlike some POTUS in recent memory he was there. In person. Obama taped a 1 minute and 22 second speech. That is being a douchebag who does not have time for things he does not believe in. The Boy Scouts even booed Obama...I love it!

Comparison folks. It is better than just reading fake news.
edit on 07pm31pmf0000002017-07-25T16:43:08-05:000408 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

LOL....oh the outrage! Sure sounded like the crowd loved it....but yeah....Trump Bad

The "crowd" of pubescent boys?

The fact of the matter is once more, Trump proves himself a shameless, classless douche bag who can't even act "presidential" when speaking in front of children.

I guess if you exclude all of the parents and other adults that were there then sure. Either way....nobody there seemed to mind....lots of cheering.

And what exactly did he say that likely every single kid there hasn't heard 100 fold on the radio or TV?

The hypocritical outrage is just plain funny.

I love the argument that everyone brings up about other presidents before doing whatever a certain way so Trump has to do it that way too....that is the best one....use that one instead.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The cult are out in force again I see. Failing to acknowledge how weak and insecure Donnie is.

I love the irony of the small minority of people who think this term "alpha" means anything. Alpha is a word used by old salty yokels who think being bullish, rude, arrogant, and never apologising are somehow strong characteristics. Wrong. They're the exact opposite.

The days of 1980s Kirby Vacuum salesmen are virtually dead. Men can cry. Men can apologise. Men can admit wrongdoing. Those who debate these points are simply insecure; nothing more, nothing less.

And Donnie highlights this perfectly. The fact that the cult claim he's strong, when he's constantly crying on Twitter, having a meltdown every time someone calls him out, getting upset over dismal crowd numbers etc just shows how insanely insecure he is. He's a dinosaur from a bygone era and only won because he was up against Hillary, who is a typical politician/criminal.

He's a joke, and the world is laughing at his supporters for not seeing how he's just lining the pockets of the rich at your expense. Sad!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Just what is presidential? Getting blow jobs in the oval office? Saying that as a business owner you did not create your own business? Telling people after terror attacks that those who perpetrated such attacks should not be bothered? Jacking up my healthcare to the point I cannot afford but a person with no job is covered?

Getting a blow job in the Oval Office got Clinton impeached, didn't it?

That's not what Obama said. What Obama said was this:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

And he was 100% right. In fact, he was echoing a sentiment expressed by Thomas Paine in Agrarian Justice:

Separate an individual from society, and give him an island or a continent to possess, and he cannot acquire personal property. He cannot be rich. So inseparably are the means connected with the end, in all cases, that where the former do not exist the latter cannot be obtained. All accumulation, therefore, of personal property, beyond what a man's own hands produce, is derived to him by living in society; and he owes on every principle of justice, of gratitude, and of civilization, a part of that accumulation back again to society from whence the whole came.

And similarly by Ben Franklin:

All the Property that is necessary to a man, for the conservation of the individual and the propagation of the species, is his natural right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all property superfluous to such purposes is the property of the publick, who, by their laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the welfare of the publick shall demand such disposition. He that does not like civil society on these terms, let him retire and live among savages."

What you've committed to memory is the chopped down out-of-context, misinterpreted meme foisted on you by propagandists. Congratulations on repeating your programming.

I don't know what the next sentence is about at all but I can tell you that Donald Trump took an opportunity after the recent London attack to do his own taking of a tidbit out of context, deliberately misinterpreting its meaning and using it to attack the Mayor of London. Were you proud of that? You want to defend that as well?

As for the ACA, it's got problems and dumbass Donald has only made them worse with his posturing and rhetoric. But you know that right? Look up the remarks of Justine Handelman. By causing uncertainty about subsidies, Trump actually pushed insurers to withdraw from markets and raise premiums.

Anything else I can help you with?

Comparison folks. It is better than just reading fake news.

Absurd comparisons aside, you're hardly one to be talking about "fake news" with your repetition of bogus memes.
edit on 2017-7-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I guess if you exclude all of the parents and other adults that were there then sure. Either way....nobody there seemed to mind....lots of cheering

Okay, so 95% children? He could have brought out a stripper and gotten an even bigger response from the same crowd. That wouldn't have made it appropriate.

And what exactly did he say that likely every single kid there hasn't heard 100 fold on the radio or TV?

What does that have to do with anything? My criticism wasn't about his language. I think it's tasteless and frankly, pathetic to give a meandering campaign speech to a bunch of kids, attacking political opponents, the media, polls, the past president, etc. No to mention the yammering about William Levitt and name dropping Steve Roth. Those kids didn't even know wtf he was talking about.

The hypocritical outrage is just plain funny.

Hypocritical outrage about what? I don't get in front of thousands of kids and blather inappropriately so how am I a hypocrite for criticizing Trump for doing so? Derp.

I love the argument that everyone brings up about other presidents before doing whatever a certain way so Trump has to do it that way too....that is the best one....use that one instead.

What? He doesn't have to "[do] whatever a certain way" — how about just not being a douche all the time? Can he never turn it off? Does he not have the ability to tailor his speech for an audience of children?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What? He doesn't have to "[do] whatever a certain way" — how about just not being a douche all the time? Can he never turn it off? Does he not have the ability to tailor his speech for an audience of children?

I'll take a shot at that one.

No.

One size fits all, it seems.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Looks like nothing is sacred any more, not even scout summer camp. But then creating division via politics is what Mr. Trump likes to do even at scout camp.

The left has been after the Boy Scouts for years because they don't like it. Now all of a sudden, the Scouts are once again sacred because someone they don't like went to the Scouts and said things they don't like.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You people jumping on Trump its very irritating. For the fact that the bandwagon is very full of such people right now.

If Trump was not in office, then America would have seen itself implode. Trump may not be a sleek talker or a brain box but he sure knows where to put his feet and money.

You sure did not want Hilary. Jeesh, that would have been a disaster.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The left has been after the Boy Scouts for years because they don't like it. Now all of a sudden, the Scouts are once again sacred because someone they don't like went to the Scouts and said things they don't like.

Many on the Left were boy scouts or/and their children are as well.

What you should be saying is that a few on the Left were going after the Boy Scouts and that has given some people on the Right the much-needed ammo to make sweeping statements about the Left not liking the Boy Scouts.

Congrats. You fell for the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Democratic delegates boo the Boy Scouts of America

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The left has been after the Boy Scouts to change what they are for a while now. They don't like the traditional values stuff, the no gays stance, etc., for all these reasons, the left was after the Boy Scouts and had them under immense political pressure to change who and what they were in some very fundamental ways ... the Girl Scouts too. Girl Scouts now support abortion and lesbianism and transgenderism among other things.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Memes...the voice of those who have nothing to say.

You're a human meme. You talk a lot but don't say anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The left has been after the Boy Scouts to change what they are for a while now. They don't like the traditional values stuff, the no gays stance, etc., for all these reasons, the left was after the Boy Scouts and had them under immense political pressure to change who and what they were in some very fundamental ways ... the Girl Scouts too. Girl Scouts now support abortion and lesbianism and transgenderism among other things.

Again, you mean some on the Left. That does not mean all of us were on that bandwagon. Remember, it's the squeakiest wheels that get the grease.

That means those that cry the loudest get the most attention.

It's sad that you focused on the few "wheels" and completely forget about the rest of us that really couldn't care less.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Girl Scouts now support abortion and lesbianism and transgenderism among other things.

Girl Scouts support abortion? Really?

If that's true...I'm not buying any more of their delicious cookies.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I watched it. I found it inappropriate, embarrassing and uncomfortable. Totally tone deaf to the audience and type of content/decorum typically expected at that event. I wonder how Rick Perry felt up on stage for that hot mess? Not to mention Price who had his job threatened.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join