It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Boy Scouts speech broke with 80 years of presidential tradition

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

"...broke with 80 years of presidential tradition"

Good!!!!! That's why I voted for him.

edit on 26-7-2017 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: odzeandennz

Um, it's not Trump's job to come up with bills. That job is Congresses. Didn't you take Civics in school?

Lobbyists write the bills. Congress gets paid under the table by passing them.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Your right, if he really wanted to sound refined and sophisticated he should have worn a pink kitty hat and called himself a "nasty, nasty women" in front of the Scouts. Or asked when the last time an actor assassinated a president. Or launched into any number of vulgar rants that pass for leftest "political resistance" these days.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And now Chief of the Boy Scouts is apologizing to the rank and file and the parents for Trumps dumbass covfefe.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So unlike most of the people on this thread, I am an actual Scout leader.
I will address some points that are covered here but first I will say this. People who do not like Trump will criticize every move and decision he makes, and people who like him will defend him. So it was before and so it will always be. Nothing new in that regard.

For those willing to be reasonable and have an open mind.
1, It was highly interpreted among the BSA that Obama not attending the 100 year anniversary jamboree was a snub. Obama did not represent the values that Scouting holds to or at least did not agree with them enough to appear before them. This was during the time that BSA was debating the gay scout discussion and it is widely known that far left political opinion with regards to the BSA is that it is an organization that needs to be destroyed. Obama did not want to appear to support BSA and draw the political fire with that portion of his voting base. If he actually agreed with that opinion is not really important he acted like he did. This is relevant because it changed the nature of the speech to the BSA. It MADE it political and politicized the entire debate going on within scouting at that time.

2, Trump spoke to young men from the ages of 13 to 17. They were the majority of the crowd but there are also plenty of adults among them. If you have ever spent any time around groups of young men then you will know that Trump spoke to them in a way that they would appreciate. He did not speak down to them. He did not preach to them. He kept the speech entertaining and interesting enough to keep them listening.

3, The upper leadership at BSA, is NOT BSA. Every Scout troop is its own entity, has its own leadership and character. We share a common methodology, purpose and ideal but the National leadership makes decisions and does things that are not in agreement with the vast majority of the individual troops. The funding for BSA comes from many places but it does not get passed down to the individual troops. It is used to maintain the camp locations and infrastructure of the organization but it is not used by the individual troops. They fund themselves. What this means is that funding drives the behavior of the National leadership. They will very quickly dismiss or disassociate themselves from actions or statements that might risk funding from corporate sponsors, even if those statements or actions are soundly consistent with the principles of Scouting. The National leadership made a statement that BSA is not a political organization but the fact is that the founding principles of Scouting ARE political. They represent a traditional political philosophy that is at odds with left wing politics, that means that even if the BSA wishes to remain a-political, they are a target for radical far left political activists. BSA is an institution that the left wishes to radically transform or degrade out of existence because of those founding principles.

4, Trump knows all of this. So he made it a point to appear before the jamboree.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A scout leader. Looks like the scouts have gone to crap.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

www.bbc.co.uk...

The chief scout of the Boy Scouts of America has apologised for the remarks made by President Donald Trump at the group's national event this week.

I doubt he will be asked again.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Funny that Hillery Clinton broke law after law, had her husband meet with the AG, and thumbed her nose at the law while people around them continued to die in unusual ways. But Trump is bad because he mentions the the truth to the boy scouts.
Liberals are the enemy of the truth, and friends of everything that is ungodly, from killing babies to homosexuals and transvestites. Liberals are morally and spiritually repulsive.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do I personally know you? Do you know me?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So, since the sitting POTUS is the honorary President of the BSA I wonder when Maxine Waters will ask for his impeachment.

They are also going against the principle of the BSA that states

The Boy Scouts of America has always respected the office of President of the United States and will, as always, respect the holder of the office.

Now, the apology came from the Head Scout, not the BSA president. Want to know why?

Well, maybe it is because of his meetings with Mr Trump on numerous occasions this year since the inauguration. You see, his day job right now is courting the government since he is the Chief Executive and Chairman of AT&T. You see, there is a 85 billion dollar deal for Time Warner going on right now. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Stephenson himself has had “several calls” with the president to lobby for the deal, the New York Post reports, and visited him at Trump Tower before the inauguration. He also attended a White House meeting on technology in June, where he was seated next to Trump, who praised him for his management style.

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002017-07-28T13:50:49-05:000149 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Do I personally know you? Do you know me?

I didn't saying anything about you.

But

If your saying that the top of the BSA staying non political but that doesn't mean lower level people need not (which is what was seemed to be implied) is crap. The scout group doesn't need to be political ordained by their leaders and certain parents. Save it for home.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
Funny that Hillery Clinton broke law after law, had her husband meet with the AG, and thumbed her nose at the law while people around them continued to die in unusual ways. But Trump is bad because he mentions the the truth to the boy scouts.
Liberals are the enemy of the truth, and friends of everything that is ungodly, from killing babies to homosexuals and transvestites. Liberals are morally and spiritually repulsive.

Falwell? Is that you?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

See now you know what I chose to ignore.
If you don't see me just assume that's the case.

Yes and we also know what gets your attention. So if we see you, we can just assume that's the case.

Im a Dem he's ready told me I don't matter so f him.

Can you show me where he said this?

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join