It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Boy Scouts speech broke with 80 years of presidential tradition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

For 80 years, American presidents have been speaking to the National Scout Jamboree, a gathering of tens of thousands of youngsters from around the world eager to absorb the ideas of service, citizenship and global diplomacy.

In keeping with the Scouts’ traditions, all eight presidents and surrogates who have represented them have stayed far, far away from partisan politics.

Source

So yesterday Trump gave a speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree. As the honorary president of the BSA this is to be expected. In the past Presidents have exalted the virtues held by the Boy Scouts. In every case the President made sure not to bring politics into their speech. That all changed with Trump's speech.

If you've ever seen a Trump speech I think you know where it ended up going. Instead of avoiding politics Trump's speech focused on the woes he has experienced as President. Bringing up such classics as Hillary, healthcare, and "fake news." Of course he sprinkled his speech with self-congratulatory back patting that included his standard crowd size bragging.

That's not to say he didn't extol certain Boy Scout values. He specifically focused on loyalty. I seem to remember another world leader that was particulary interested in instilling loyalty in his youth group.

So there you have our President. A man his supporters claim is an alpha male and yet is clearly so insecure with himself he has to campaign for a job he already has to a crowd where the majority aren't even eligible to vote.
edit on 7/25/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Really SHOWS where his mind ... errr or ego is AT...

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

For 80 years, American presidents have been speaking to the National Scout Jamboree, a gathering of tens of thousands of youngsters from around the world eager to absorb the ideas of service, citizenship and global diplomacy.

In keeping with the Scouts’ traditions, all eight presidents and surrogates who have represented them have stayed far, far away from partisan politics.

Source

So yesterday Trump gave a speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree. As the honorary president of the BSA this is to be expected. In the past Presidents have exalted the virtues held by the Boy Scouts. In every case the President made sure not to bring politics into their speech. That all changed with Trump's speech.

If you've ever seen a Trump speech I think you know where it ended up going. Instead of avoiding politics Trump's speech focused on the woes he has experienced as President. Bringing up such classics as Hillary, healthcare, and "fake news." Of course he sprinkled his speech with self-congratulatory back patting that included his standard crowd size bragging.

That's not to say he didn't extol certain Boy Scout values. He specifically focused on loyalty. I seem to remember another world leader that was particulary interested in instilling loyalty in his youth group.

So there you have our President. A man his supporters claim is an alpha male and yet is clearly so insecure with himself he has to campaign for a job he already has to a crowd where the majority aren't even eligible to vote.

LOL....oh the outrage! Sure sounded like the crowd loved it....but yeah....Trump Bad

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah he emphasized loyalty and quickly flew past trust worthy and honest.
He certainly knows when he doesn't have a leg.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Right on time. I wondered when the delusional HItler Youth comparison reached ATS. Let's have a look what the messiah Obama did when the Boyscouts had their 100th anniversary shall we. Oops he cared more about attending at a talkshow on ABC.

obama-missing-historic-boy-scou t-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Memes...the voice of those who have nothing to say.

+7 more 
link   
I wish I could downvote this thread. What mindless nit picking. The Trump is your president, get over it.

link   
The scouts don't seem to care.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Vasa Core made some pretty interesting threads guess who didn't show up for once in them.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So you expected it too.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

He's not mine. I'm without right now.
I'm a dem he's ready told me I don't matter so f him.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You're right. They're not eligible to vote...YET.

But, in a few years,...they will be.

Looks like they loved him!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

See now you know what I chose to ignore.
If you don't see me just assume that's the case.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nothing to say about feigned outrage made up by WaPo? There isn't anything to say....watch the video....crowd was HUGE and was cheering at every political point he made....even when he said he would change the saying to drain the sewer.

Can't argue a non argument....

The libtard stories get more and more funny every time....what else can you get ticked off about? It's like they have a whole crew looking at everything going on and figuring out a way to spin some crazed outrage at something not a single person other than they would have noticed.

Keep on keeping on though!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

See now you know what I chose to ignore.
If you don't see me just assume that's the case.

You basically just confirmed that you're just here to troll people. Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My favorite part from an article I read yesterday..

“Tonight we put aside all of the policy fights in Washington, D.C., you’ve been hearing about with the fake news,” the president told the crowd of Scouts and volunteers gathered in Glen Jean, W.Va. “Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts?”

Over the next 35 minutes, the president threatened to fire one of his Cabinet members, attacked former president Barack Obama, dissed his former rival Hillary Clinton, marveled at the size of the crowd, warned the boys about the “fake media,” mocked pollsters and pundits, and said more people would say “Merry Christmas” under his presidency. He also told a rambling tale about a famous, now-deceased home builder that meandered from a Manhattan cocktail party to a yacht and then to places that the president would only allow the boys’ imaginations to go.

Link

This speech was like something out of some alternate Nixonian-bizzaro world.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Looks like the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA let it be known that they do not endorse Trump and invited him only because he's the president .

www.usatoday.com...

The Boy Scouts of America is wholly non-partisan and does not promote anyone position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy. The invitation for the sitting U.S. president to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition and is in no way an endorsement of any political party or specific policies. The sitting U.S. president serves as the BSA's honorary president. It is our long-standing custom to invite the U.S. president to the National Jamboree

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Looks like the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA let it be known that they do not endorse Trump and invited him only because he's the president .

www.usatoday.com...

The Boy Scouts of America is wholly non-partisan and does not promote anyone position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy. The invitation for the sitting U.S. president to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition and is in no way an endorsement of any political party or specific policies. The sitting U.S. president serves as the BSA's honorary president. It is our long-standing custom to invite the U.S. president to the National Jamboree

Tell that to the 40,000 boys shouting "WE LOVE TRUMP!"

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I like how he says "who the hell" when he's talking to thousands of children.
So appropriate.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ha ha.
They're children.
edit on 7252017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join