It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bermuda Triangle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Im sure many of you heard of the Bermuda Triangle.Many of you have probably studied on the very topic.We see it on many myth and paranormal documentaries.

Over 25years ago,my Grandfather was working onboard a huge ship set on course towards NewYork.He had been around the world because of his job and was often gone for weeks.One night the ship was reported missing.None of the crew(to my knowledge)was found,including my Grandfather.The ship had apparently dissappeared over the Bermuda triangle.Sure many would think all the crew were washed over,but we`r talking about possibly over 100 crewmen that dissappeared.None came back.And the fact that the ship was found without any occupants raises more suspision.To this day my mother has never spoken about that night much.Neither has she told me information about the findings the following day.Its almost as if she kept it locked up in her head.Im not sure.

Many ships and planes have dissappeared in this part of the world.The most famous incident was the one with the old spitfires that dissappeared.There have been many thoughts and ideas to what the Bermuda triangle might be for.Some say its a gateway to another dimension,others say its something to do with extra-terrestrial visitation.We may never know what really is happening there.The most likely scanario is that it could be natural.

Nevertheless i am curious to find out many of your opinions/thoughts.That would be great.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What was the name of the ship, and when did it disappear?

How was it found?

Details, please

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ok..i was recently told that methane gasses bubbled up in the area and it thru low flying planes etc.off...
i dont believe it..
two ley lines meet there,making the triangle..its the uvg point.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i think they get shot down

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
there is definetly something strange in that bermuda triangle.
scientific studies show that this place has the strangest gravity readings in all of the world.
anyway, i think something is definetly going on in this triangle,
but what exactly that is,
i have no idea!

more at:
bermuda.triangle.org

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i dont ever remember reading about any spitfires getting lost there?.....years ago there was a documentary that was trying to de-bunk the mystery of the triangle....many of the ships that had 'dissapeared' have been found on reefs somewhere in the near vacinity and just left to rot,there was actual video footage of this and it looked like a giant ship grave yard.
It cant be denied that aircraft and ships have been lost in this area but not as many as people like to think or exadurate.
I think im right in saying that there are several magnetic fields that cross in this area and this used to cause aircraft and shipping to get un-true compass readings,causing both to move off course and head out to sea in the wrong directions never reaching their destinations..... serious enough in a ship but fatal in a plane once your fuel runs out!
With modern GPS this no longer happens....i mean when was the last time you heard of anything lost in the bermuda triangle?
Sorry to hear about your grandfather,thats really sad and i havent meant to be disrespectfull,i like to know the name of the ship and the year this happened?

Regards.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
its all about the earth energy
look at a map of the ley lines and you will see that two come to a point,right there in the triangle..
a man in florida,also on one of the lines,made a castle called coral castle..with out using equipment..no one seen him at work..coral weighing tons...he built it because he understood the influences.
something we have all been in the dark about for sometime..since the days of the ancient...
some of us innately understand this..
you dont need to be from a high level of secret society,or a native person,or magical,or a goverment scientist....this is for all ,anyone that wants to understand...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Very strange stuff still happening there. Sixty planes and boats vanish there each year even now. No Mayday no nothing.

I'm told the US Coast Guard avoids patrols which enter the triangle, they go around when possible. There have been planes that report to final approach for landing vectors that have just blinked out from radar and never heard from again.

There are some really strange stories from pilots, and yes some are UFO related, that in my opinion go into a type of physics outside Einstein and the boys. Time warping is also a part of the strangness there. And it was an Airline that reported it.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
if i recall correctly last messages from airplane pilots that got lost there were about strange orange fog that suddenly appeared and lights in the sky....noises...transmission over....spooky

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It is sad to hear of your losses. I know of the love the sea can have on men.

Though it is very possible that escaping Methane Gasses is responsible for many of these incidents. The escaping gasses could cause the vessels on the surface to lose bouyancy and capsize or founder. The people onboard would be overcome with the gases passout and drown. Also any open flame or spark could ignite the gasses as well.

Planes in the air over the escaping gases would suffer a similar fate, with the density of the air changing under them and the engines possibly egniting the gasses destroying the planes. Also the orangish glows can be attributed to the igniting gasses as well, ignited from other sources environmental (lightning) or man made engines ans such.

On a side note. My next trip to Miami will include a jaunt to coral castle definately. Coral Castle
thanks for mentioning that greenmansmind. I am not opposed to the idea of ley lines having an influence on the incidents in the Bermuda Triangle.

Phae

[edit on 2/10/2005 by Phaethor]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

Most people are aware that the Earth is basically a giant magnet. Because of this, certain precise locations on the Earth have particularly strong magnetic energy (which throws off watches, clocks, radars, etc.) By looking at this map you can see that the Bermuda Triangle is one of these strong centers... They aren't exactly ley lines... ley lines are man made. You can see that some of the other places, which are exactly equal distances away have similar strange occurances.

Here is the link to the explanations. They're pretty interesting. I have more info on similar subjects if anyone is interested.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
A sattelite could monitor ships going through there and find out what really happens. Shame the gov isn't that interested (or hiding something).

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Its one of the busiest sea lanes in the world!

Ships are going to be lost there all the time. When that is coupled with the methane bubbles that can sink the ships it leads to a large number of sinkings.

Not a mystery, not a cover up, no orange fog, just the way the world works.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if you beleive in the stories or not about the lines of the bermuda triangle and coral castle check out this link i found...fascinating stuff really keelynet.com...

top topics

join