It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Trump Can Change The Narrative A Be Remembered As A Great President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Flatfish

I think broad sweeping nuclear policy that makes it harder to blow ourselves up trumps everything else..

It trumps Russian collusion..

It trumps money launding..

It trumps healthcare..

It trumps America...

That is playing for the species..

You can't eliminate it..

But you can fill a couple glaring holes.

As I said before, it's already way too late.

At this point in time, I wouldn't trust Donald Trump to negotiate for so much as a used coffee cup at a weekend flea-market.

Trump promised a lot of things for day one as POTUS, but the only thing he delivered on was to publicly establish his ability to look the American people straight in the face and tell bold faced lies.

Furthermore, it's becoming increasingly obvious that the man has some serious mental and behavioral issues. He's actually quite unstable and has no concept of ethics whatsoever.

Trump has repeatedly demonstrated to the world that he has the attention span of an earthworm and that his desire to have absolute authority is only "trumped" by his need for never ending praise.

I'm 61yrs old and Donald Trump is without a doubt, the most scatterbrained POTUS I've witnessed in my lifetime and I don't trust him to meddle and/or alter our nuclear protocol in any way.

Regardless of what he does now, he will never go down in history as "great" and I seriously doubt that he'll even accomplish a rating of "decent" by many.

Maybe, if he made a public announcement to the world and admitted that he's far too stupid and unethical for this job and that he got in way over his head by taking it, followed by a tearful apology and immediate resignation, a few less would remember him as the absolute turd he is.

edit on 25-7-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dump all of the social conservatives and become a pragmatic centrist set on reigning in the dueling extremes that have developed in this country. It is the only way we as a people can have a little of both without getting it on both ends.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There is always the Thatcher option. Allow the circumstances for a foreign nation to invade your sovereign territory and then win the war to retake it. I often wonder if that is what Teresa May will do to try and save her sorry ass.
edit on 25-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Want to know how Trump could make America great for the first time?

End the war on drugs and federally legalize cannabis and decriminalize all other drugs. Shift the focus onto treatment instead of prison for drug users and dealers. A majority of our social problems would evaporate over the course of a few years. Not only in America, but Mexico as well. If America's drug habit wasn't turning parts of Mexico into a warzone people wouldn't be trying to sneak in as much as they are.

Create a healthcare system for the people that screws over the giant insurance companies instead of the regular people who use it, and leave partisan politics out of it. It's more important to Trump to undo something Obama did than to actually craft a system that works. His attitude on healthcare is basically to hell with the people as long as it's politically expedient.

There's a laundry list of other things as well, but these two I mentioned wouldn't need to be spun by him in any way for everyone to see them for what they are, a positive change.

But that's too much like right..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Something he might actually be able to get the political movement to get done...

I don't think there would be a big opposition to my proposal

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Something he might actually be able to get the political movement to get done...

I don't think there would be a big opposition to my proposal

Nuclear weapons aren't the real weapons of mass destruction. The real WMD's are the policies like the war on drugs that leave our nation in tatters and at odds with the people who are supposed to be protecting us, the police. Nuclear missles sit in silos for years, while people are dying daily in the streets.

Though I admit it would make me feel better to know Donald Trump doesn't have control over nuclear weapons..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

ive been harping on that for more than a year.....its just too bloody obvious and everyone knows it. Until recently when Trump declared he would stop the CIA program to arm terrorists in Syria i thought maybe he was too retarded to understand what needs to be done....now im wondering if maybe he DOES know but is looking for the right time and place to declare it.......maybe thats what hes getting set up by attacking Sessions? We can only hope.

there are a few things Trump could do that any ONE of them would secure Trumps place in history as one of the greatest leaders we have ever had.

1) States Rights on Cannabis
2) single payer free health insurance for ALL or at least low income
3) changing the immigration cost and time requirements for ppl to become legally able to work. Right now its at least 6 months for a green card.

If Trump did any ONE of those three he would be a new american hero.....2 or 3 of them would make him a Saint......
edit on 25-7-2017 by tribal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

A) I think you could.. 

Couldn't you shield your middles so they could survive a blast close by?? 

I think we do that anyway

Speed is of the essence, the missiles must leave their silos before ICBMs fall, you've literally got minutes for a nation to react.

B) how would the ability to nuke a city stop a terrorist group with 100 nukes?? 

Why would they keep them in the same town to be taken out in one swipe?? 

It was just 1 scenario, I mentioned a handful of nukes... Another one is if North Korea decided to bombard Seoul with conventional weapons or nukes. That's nearly 10 million people condemned to death, a few tactical nukes could halt a North Korean attack.

C) I seriously question the thinking behind mad..

If Russia launches on us it is better for everyone if we do not retaliate.. 

If we don't launch back, humanity most likely survives... 

If we do launch back humanity likely doesn't.. 

That's a tough nut to crack...

One thing people don't comprehend with 100's of cities being bombarded with nukes is how long the fire will rage. Even if only 3 cities were hit, that's 3 huge fires you can't just put out, imagine the smog if the USA was a smoldering wreck. The world would be screwed if only a small nation was obliterated, or say a major US state.

D) I think there is a way to ensure we could launch even after missles have hit us.. 

We do, most nuclear-armed states do, it's called the second-strike capability. This usually comes in the form of long-range nuclear-armed missiles aboard submarines, they are perfect for pre-emptive strikes too.

Off topic but I could see putin deciding to go down like a champ and save the species by not retaliating.. he just seems hard as a coffin nail .. I don't think he makes many decisions out of fear.. 

So why are they pushing to update and replace their armaments with newer and deadlier technology? Everyone focuses on US VS Russia when it comes to nuclear weapons but the reality is that ALL the nuclear armed nation-states are working on bettering their nuclear capabilities.

Trust me, Russia won't go down singing kumbaya, none of the atomic age nations will, that's the deterrent, the fact we can go down swinging... With knuckle dusters on.

regardless we need every nuclear power to have a constant realtime communication channel between Each other

They do, look up the errors done between the 50's and 80's, since it's a conspiracy site I'll note that "unknowns" have have initiated bomber command to launch full scale bombing manoeuvres on both sides of the Isles. Their was the big news story of US minutemen systems being set to 0000 or something along the lines of that to initiate launch.

Personally, I feel the only way to stop our nuclear trend is if a 21st century nuclear attack occurred, seeing first hand the devastation of a nuclear attack on a city. That or an alien invasion.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Trump will never be remembered as a great POTUS, period!

He has already destroyed his credibility to the point that no one in their right mind would even consider him trustworthy enough to negotiate with because everything that comes out of his mouth is a bold faced lie.

Furthermore, I prefer that he stays as far away from our nuclear arsenal as is humanly possible.

The only way to end the threat of nuclear war is to eliminate nuclear weapons altogether and Trump isn't about to agree to anything that may reduce his perceived power.

Trump will be remembered as the dumbest person to ever occupy the office and as the most well documented liar in presidential history.

He may also go down in the books as our first Russian POTUS. Maybe that explains his red-orange glow.

Blah blah blah...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Trump already will go down as the greatest president in US history.

Exposed the media and a certain political party of the donkey for what they have always been.

In it for themselves and no one else.

About as far from public servants as they can get.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Number 1, if America led by example could revolutionise this planet.

All the studies, the nations that have trailed this, they've all had success.

It's not just saving lives, it's saving souls. Too many people die or lead dreadful lives due to drug use. It needs to change.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Trump already will go down as the greatest president in US history.

Exposed the media and a certain political party of the donkey for what they have always been.

In it for themselves and no one else.

About as far from public servants as they can get.

Yeah, his petty partisanship so far dwarfs any accomplishments by any president in history..

With Trump setting the bar this high, how will anyone ever measure up..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Trump cannot be great. Trump is not only obsessively narcissistic but also delusional---a horrible combination.

He does things for his own ego sake….Such as the Trumpcare garbage he is peddling. NOT because it is better but because he wants his own ego satisfied, and delusions catered to…. So now comes in his delusional self---pretending this dog is worthy when any one with any sense knows better.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hi Joshua. This is the first of the threads you've posted that I've actually flagged and starred.

I think it's highly unlikely that Trump would be able to do what you suggest but I like that you're thinking about ways to help America and the rest of the world rather than just blaming everything on Trump.

I'm pretty sure though that a President doesn't have a big red button to press when he gets pissed off. The decision to launch nukes would have to be agreed to through a lot of channels.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What exactly is constructive about your opinion of Trump?

Please tell me what you think would be a solution to the worlds problems?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

61 years of being a numpty. Congratulations, you've done well to live that long.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Trump would end the Federal Reserve, he would be aces in my book.

Up until the time the rest of the world invades the US to re-establish a central bank.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Pretty simple, really. Now I can't say he'd be remembered as great, as it's way too early into his term, but if he were to not Tweet out ANYTHING for the rest of his term, and maybe act even the slightest bit like an adult/leader instead of a petulant child, it would go a long way.

perhaps if he humbled himself just enough to say, "here is what I want to do, but I need your help and ideas to get it done."

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I like that he tweets and humanises himself. Once said, never undone online.

I agree though. He should continue his campaign strategy and ask people for help to fix things. Sometimes the average Joe has a million times better advice than a government croney.

edit on 25-7-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Sic

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

61 years of being a numpty. Congratulations, you've done well to live that long.

Your previous "blah, blah, blah" response and this post I quoted above are clear examples of someone who lacks both the wit and the intellectual ability to intelligently respond in a debate and you have the gall to call me "numpty?"

Give me a break!

I may only have a high school education formally, but I'll put my life experience up against your perceived intellect in any debate, any day of the week and on any subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join