It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Officer Mohamed Noor & Partner Are Lying. - Update

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Aw. You think I'm being aggressive because I don't agree with you on your interpretation of his comments.

That's adorable.

(Tone: bemused)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

*Prosecutorial misconduct

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The plan - let the hoopla die down, people forget, and let him basically walk. Based on him being scared, startled or whatever and stuff just happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

As evidenced by the fact that they were talking to the press about the incident as recently as Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As evidenced by the fact that they were talking to the press about the incident as recently as Wednesday.

It is whether the public keeps it in their mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If the public doesn't care about it then that isn't really evidence of some master plan to make the public forget about it.

Going to the press and talking about the incident is sort of the exact opposite of how you get people to forget about something.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The graph is a very high level when it happens and then steadily falls off. The public attention span is very short. You can look at this site to see a general view of that in action.

At some point something happens to peak public interest again but what happens is based on how many are left that actually really cared initially so their interest is peaked again. Interest most of the time never reaches the initial level again. Not that it can't but usually doesn't.

It's not solely the press are things would be different. The level of interest would be only based on what was in the press and how long. People don't base their life and reacts only on that.

edit on 9/15/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yes, I'm aware that society pays attention to things now more than it paid attention to something that happened a month ago, or last year.

Your initial comment was that this is all part of some plan to let people forget. My response to that comment was that going to the press and talking about the shooting is sort of the exact opposite thing you do if you want people to forget about the shooting.

People not caring about something any more isn't some master plan on behalf of "them." It's human nature, and investigations take time. The real world isn't a one hour episode of CSI where everything is tied up nice and neat in 48 minutes. The people of Minneapolis don't seem to have forgotten, nor do people in Australia.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Union boss making a comment against a member to the media is not close to being on the same level as a prosecutor commenting in one direction or the other on a case he is supposed to review for charges.

Now, depending on what direction the PA goes, his decision will fall under a cloud of suspicion by both sides and in the end it could very well cause the officer to walk free, even if he is charged and convicted, by proprietorial misconduct. Once that occurs any type of retrial becomes a problem since it looks like the entire prosecution is based on politics and not the law.

As a prime example look at the 6 Baltimore PD officers. The PA for Baltimore had her public speech announcing the charges and her personal opinion used against her with complaints filed over her conduct. The officers that faced trial were found not guilty, resulting in the remaining charges against the officers who didnt go to trial being dropped.

You know what, at this point having a Police Union to me is basically the same as having one for rapists and murderers. I truly don't believe police realize how so many people actually, truly feel about them right now and at this point in time.

Suffice to say, the rep may just like to shut the **** up and sit quietly because very few give a good god damn about what he has to say and the position from where he thinks he has any authority to speak is extremely tenuous. If sht ever were to get bad enough that people revolted, the cops are the first targets to take down and I think they know it because why else would they have used so much of our money stocking up on all that military hardware.

I gues the shame of it is that they could have done much, much better for us and for themselves and also that there are more of us than them and the only ones who wouldn't take a shot at them by that point will be their families and even then if the families of these mongrels see what behavior their police family member's exhibit then they'll be forced to make a dire choice.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yea there are plenty of people that still like law enforcement, but sweet diatribe. Hope you feel better.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Do you bitch this much about your own law enforcement in australia or are you just stuck on American Law Enforcement?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea there are plenty of people that still like law enforcement, but sweet diatribe. Hope you feel better.

There are? Oh my heavens I'm just shocked and appalled. You know, I bet you would be impossible to have a conversation with because so much goes over you head and there's another like you here, too.

Absolutely clueless.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Do you bitch this much about your own law enforcement in australia or are you just stuck on American Law Enforcement?

The police in my country generally don't murder us.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

The police in this country generally murder individuals either.

In the United States, as well as in your country of Australia, people have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law and not in a court of public opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What went over my head? You went on a long winded, bitchy rant about how everybody in the US hates cops and are lining up just waiting to kill cops. I know that makes you feel better to say that, but it’s far from the case.

So what did I miss? The unions bit? I don’t like them. I’m not in one. The bit about how “we” could’ve done better for “you?” You don’t even live here so...no? Your entire knowledge of the relationship between law enforcement and Americans is based off ATS and the news. And that’s a pretty poor source.

So no, I wouldn’t be fun for you to have a conversation with. Mostly because you’re an overly emotional person who feels compelled to wax prophetic about things you have next to no insight into, and rely mostly on hyperbole and insults to try and get your “point” across. I know you feel better when you rant about how “so many” people hate cops and imply that even the families of law enforcement are going to abandon them, but it’s simply not the case. I’m sorry that having that pointed out to you triggered you so hard. Hopefully you’ve had a good cry by now, and are back to feeling like a tough guy.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

In the United States, as well as in your country of Australia, people have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law and not in a court of public opinion.

Thats an ironic typo

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Thats an ironic typo

Yup - my bad.

* - DON'T

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yep and it is disgusting..

It takes a beautiful blonde haired white woman before people care...

At least you can recognize beauty when you see it!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Officer who fatally shot Justine Damond charged with murder, turns himself in

The Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman in July was charged with murder Tuesday after he turned himself in when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in on Tuesday in connection to the 2017 death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. his attorney confirmed.

The criminal complaint remained sealed by midday Tuesday, but according to the jail roster Noor was booked on a third-degree murder charge for perpetrating an eminently dangerous act while showing a "depraved mind." The second-degree manslaughter charge alleges he acted with "culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk."

Damond was shot July 15, minutes after calling 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. The 40-year-old life coach’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman was scheduled to discuss charges Tuesday afternoon.

Noor, a 32-year-old Somali-American, has not talked publicly about the case and declined to be interviewed by state investigators.

Click link for full article...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You should make an update thread. I posted a couple of updates and they seemed appreciated for the most part, aside from the "it was a rape" guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join