It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US healthcare is really bad. Trump should copy either Russia or China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As a Chinese Canadian, I am buffeled why America's healthcare is so bad. I immigrated to Canada. I waited months for a surgery with no luck. I had to go to China. I got my surgery done the same day and only cost me a few hundred bucks. China spends 5.5 percent of GDP and has universal healthcare. Russia spends 7.1 percent of GDP and has universal healthcare. America spends 17.1 percent of GDP on healthcare and has no universal healthcare. So, I mean, I don't know why America is like this. Maybe the insurance lobby and too much corruption. So my suggestion is copy either China or Russia and Trump will be the best president ever.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

data.worldbank.org...

edit on 24-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How come you didn't go to China to begin with, since you are Chinese? Where did you live at the time you needed the surgery?
edit on 7/24/2017 by carewemust because: guess!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am Canadian citizen. I went to China for my surgery. Canada waiting time too long.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The first link might not be updated. China does have universal healthcare coverage, not 95%.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And you've been to Russia to see things first-hand and see how well everything runs, huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

No, I have not been to Russia.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

In 2017 the US ranked 53rd in life expectancy. China is 108th. Russia is 171st. Sooo . . .

Life Expactancy Map

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: carewemust

I am Canadian citizen. I went to China for my surgery. Canada waiting time too long.

I can vouch for your second sentence. People from Canada come here (Chicago area) frequently for life-saving surgery or cancer treatments. One guy I worked with had a hernia that was cutting off blood to his lower parts. Swelling was bad. Was on a 9 month wait list! Got the surgery in 4 days after arriving in the USA.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

A lot of that has to do with nutrition rather than healthcare.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I understand that many factors go into the average life expectancy. However, I do not think America is world renown for our dietary habits.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

In 2017 the US ranked 53rd in life expectancy. China is 108th. Russia is 171st. Sooo . . .

Life Expactancy Map

Russia has a lot of heavy drinkers and smokers still. I saw this diplomat giving an interview last month to CNN. He was smoking..and calling CNN "Fake News". Love that guy!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Possibly genetics has to do with life expectancy too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The US system sports #1 in cost and #37 in health outcomes.

It will change when the people stop paying insurance premiums and hospitals start to shut down a crash.

Who is going to take a pay cut?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Nope. America is an enormously diverse nation. There is no "American" genetic profile.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

True, however, typically bigger people live longer.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Agreed, our health care system sucks. It is about symptom management and pill pushing. It is not about healing nor preventative medicine. We had the best healthcare in the world when hospitals had to be non-profit. And doctors still got rich.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Japan has the second longest life expectancy. Strike three.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Japanese people hardly drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, unlike Chinese people who do those a lot.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

In rereading your OP it seems you have no first hand experience of the American health care system. You cite the Canadian system, which is universal healthcare, as an example of how bad it is. Yet you say America's sucks. So you really don't seem to have any legitimacy to any of your arguments.

What surgery did you get in China anyway?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join