It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens create the worlds religions to guide humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have gotten so burned out on all the political posting on ATS, so I decided to throw an idea out there I have had lately. Its a "what if" thought experiment. Here it is, tell me if its ridiculous or just give me your thoughts.

Lets say there is an alien civilization that is millions to possibly billions of years older than ours in the Milky Way galaxy. They explored and colonized countless planets eons ago, perhaps before the first bacteria formed on Earth. They have reached the pinnacle of technological and biological evolution, to the point that they may not even exist in the physical sense, they may just be energy or some sort of conscious organized energy after billions of years of existence. Way way, way past grey aliens flying around in metal disks.Basically they have done it all and accomplished all a civilization can accomplish. They understand and control physics and reality to a level we cant begin to comprehend. For all intents and purposes, to us they would appear as gods or angels, or maybe even demons if they are malevolent. Could these beings, who are indistinguishable from Gods from the perspective of primitives such as ourselves, pose as Gods or angels or demons to influence us? Maybe they just chose to guide lower forms of life to give their existence purpose. They come to Earth, perform miracles, teach us how to be civilized, or maybe the opposite, they pit us against each other for their amusement. The ancient Greek gods were said to do this. How would primitive people ever know that they were in fact just very advanced aliens? In addition, maybe they could pose as UFOs, bigfoot, mothman, etc.

I am not saying that this is what the Cosmic god of the universe, the REAL god is. I am just saying that there could be intelligences who could pose as God or Gods for whatever purpose they chose. How would we know? I would like to hear the thoughts of others on this.

What got me to thinking about this was this video: What would an advanced civilization a billion years ahead of us look like?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
I interesting idea. I will watch the vid now.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is an interesting idea for sure, religion has slowly morphed from polytheism to monotheism throughout history and shows a progression of the human species in my opinion (as far as religion goes).

Either aliens are doing it and building us up to some event (maybe interstellar travel and representation within the galactic community?) or we are doing it to ourselves to keep ourselves here and feeding the global economy of debt. Maybe it's a combination of both? Either way our current society is broken and something is wrong.

Hopefully it's the former but I have a feeling it is the latter.
edit on 7/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Create the world's spiritual teachings? Yes. Create religions? No. Religion is a human distortion, primarily to exert control over other humans. Subverting free will through fear of punishment or having basic needs withheld, etc., by some unseen deity. In any other context that would be called "duress".

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Although....the other things we see, the discs, the grey aliens, bigfoot, mothman.....I believe they are all something else, something more physical but maybe not normally of this realm.

The thing is, a lot of old testament stories can easily be sci-fi/stories of ET interaction. The story of moses on the mountain sounds a lot like a Close encounter with a UFO, including the symptoms suffered by Moses. And 'God's' fear of people seeing his 'Glory' (Spaceship). So I think the aliens planting the seeds of religion and making appearances to primitive humans, and let's be honest....Homo Sapien in 1500 BC would be in awe of a fighter jet and human in jumpsuit with helmet, are more physical and less developed as the aliens you are referring to.

Another example is Ezekiel 1 with gods chariot....with clear descriptions of mechanical sounds and machinations.

Another example is the 'Lord of the hosts' in Isaiah 13, where this 'God' gets a bit carried away with his speech and admits that he controls an army of giants 'from a land afar off (another planet), from the utmost foundations of heaven (outer space?)', this followed by rather terrifying descriptions of what would happen to the israelites if this 'Lord of hosts' set these giants upon the Israelites.

Either way, I believe all religion is the workings of beings more advanced than us, but not necessarily more benevolent.
edit on 24-7-2017 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Now you have me excited, so much so that I have not read your post, not because I don't want to, the second I read your title, I thought to myself, WOW that is what I have thought to.....now I am am going to read what you wrote in your post. Just by your Headline, I agree with you....now let me dig into what you said....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would think that maybe some higher life form may have helped us, even relocated us here.

My current thinking is that religion was created by man to help control the growing populous .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

You're a smart tree, man!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I would think that maybe some higher life form may have helped us, even relocated us here.

My current thinking is that religion was created by man to help control the growing populous .

I really like Sitchin's ideas on this. Say what you will of him... he makes sense

Besides we're catching up to their ancient tech. Soon we'll be gods ourselves... maybe even helping civilizations less advanced than ourselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Well if they did, they should have spent a lot more time on the planning stage.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Look up a TV show Stargate SG1. One of the underlying plots was always aliens pretending to be the ancient gods.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Have heard this idea quite a few times. It's quite possible. Of course, regardless of what the case may be, it's quite clear that religion has mutated into something other than what it was initially.

If you look at the writings of most religions in their beginning and compare it to current writings, it's not in the same vein. It has A) either twisted to mean something it didn't initially, or B) it's twisted to match the writer's agenda.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Interesting idea.

teach us how to be civilized

If this was their goal they failed miserably.

or maybe the opposite, they pit us against each other for their amusement

If what you hypothesise is the reality, this second quote about covers it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WerePuppy

Probably my favorite television series ever. Have seen every single episode. All ten seasons. Also watched every episode of Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
we can be sure of one thing at least regardless of who invented religion, the purpose for inventing religion has been lost to modern man thanks to thousands of years of misinterpretation and deliberate manipulation of religion.
The whole meaning and purpose of religion was certainly lost on those savages who existed thousands of years ago and thought it was right to stone people to death for having sex, so their primitive minds were completely unfit to competently interpret the words of aliens or prophets who were trying convey a higher meaning and purpose of life.

our modern enlightened minds are using the words and interpretations of savages to try and find the truth behind religion.

edit on 24-7-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WerePuppy

Look up a TV show Stargate SG1. One of the underlying plots was always aliens pretending to be the ancient gods.

Yep, the other stuff mentioned in the OP as well (about the ascended ancients made up of energy). Everyone enjoying their programming by this system of things as to what to contemplate and occupy their minds with?

Here's another optional (mental) pathway to train your mind and thinking abilities, as suggested by the bible writer Paul:

And stop being molded by this system of things,* but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2)

Hebrews 5:14

But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* trained to distinguish both right and wrong. [*: Or “their perceptive powers.”]

"True" is a synonym for "right" and "false" is a synonym for "wrong".

1 Thessalonians 5:21

Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.

This guy almost gets it...(when considering the Stitchins fanclub for a moment in relation to this and those that Stitchins is connected with such as David Icke, Jordan Maxwell and the producers of the "Zeitgeist" documentary; not so much his understanding of what's actually going on in this system of things which he refers to as "this Matrix" or a control system if I remember correctly)

edit on 24-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
1 Thessalonians 5:21

Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.

Coming back to that for a moment, "sure" is a synonym for "certain".

Here's another list of synonyms for the noun "facts":

truths
certainties
realities

And here's where you can give the advice and encouragement of the bible verses that I quoted a try as well:
Evolution—Myths and Facts

I also recommend the preceding pages for training your powers of discernment to distinguish both what is right/true and what is wrong/false. Fact from fiction. You can practice with this playlist as well:
Real science, knowledge of realities compared to philosophies and stories

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Create the world's spiritual teachings? Yes. Create religions? No. Religion is a human distortion, primarily to exert control over other humans. Subverting free will through fear of punishment or having basic needs withheld, etc., by some unseen deity. In any other context that would be called "duress".

Exactly! If you control someone's belief system, you can control every aspect of their lives. I've always said organized religion is all about power and money.

WW

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's strange how we measure progress in "years". A billion years ahead of us assumes that were doing something a billion years ago. A starting point. How long has mankind been on Earth? I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nope. Humans created the belief in visiting aliens just like they created religion.

Why? Because they want to believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join