It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for flat earthers regarding the August 21st Total Solar Eclipse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis
a reply to: humanityrising

It is fake. So fake!

Care to elaborate??

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I have a question for round Earth believers:

If someone honestly believes the Earth is flat, do you really care about their opinion on anything?

You're obviously not very into psychology

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

originally posted by: humanityrising

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Ok, so this is how it works. Cut two pieces of paper out into circles them lay them on opposite ends of a flat table, now slide them toward one another. You'll notice that when the two pieces meet one will always slip underneath the other, in this case the moon is always the one that slips underneath the sun.

I'm not sure where the flat Earth would be in comparison to this table with the two pieces of paper on it but I would assume that's how a flat Earther would explain it.

Flat Earth still has no reliable model on how to predict these kinds of events, the spherical Earth is able to predict them flawlessly though. Go figure.

Maybe the two pieces of paper are on the wall of the 'dome'? I think that a giant dome is part of flat earth theory, correct me if I'm wrong. I also wonder what these pieces of paper would be made out of, given the size they must be in order to cast a dark shadow over swathes of land that big. A projection of something smaller can only get so dark so that idea sounds less plausible of the two.

See their still depending on the half-spherical aspect of the "dome"....

My question for them had always been why can't people on Californian beaches see China I the horizon, and did led zeppelin pass through a teleportation field while on tour across the Pacific to their show in Japan?
Also...what about SANTA and the North pole? What do they tell their kids about THAT??

Lol. Everyone knows Santa has to live in the North Pole because the south one is off limits, and guarded by penguins. Regarding the Led Zeppelin tour, is that question about time zones? I don't quite understand it

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

You're obviously not very into psychology

You got that right!

I've always been a "thing" person. Give me a tech manual, I can fix a machine. Give me a schematic, I can troubleshoot electronics. Give me a flowchart, I can debug a program. "Things" are consistent. If they aren't working right, there is a reason and I can track it down and fix it.

People baffle the hell out of me. Dogs I can understand. Cats too, to a lesser extent.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I read somewhere, on ATS I think, a "member" of the Flat Earth Society claimed they had members all over the globe...

I just about soiled myself when I read that.

WW

edit on 25-7-2017 by WarthogWrangler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

lol,good point

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If someone honestly believes the Earth is flat, do you really care about their opinion on anything?

If the earth was flat it would still be round

Because you used the wrong word and didn't correct yourself I can't take anything you say seriously ever again

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Sure , unless their opinion is based on some belief from the Dark Ages. For cryin out loud , this is the 21st Century.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't buy the flat earth theory but...

I read somewhere once that ets had tech to create an eclipse or essentially turn off the sun and other such things... if ets can supposedly do it then whose to say God can't for the FEs?

I remember as a kid seeing a special eclipse in ks that was a once in a lifetime event. I was maybe 5/6 at the time. Does anyone know what kind of eclipse that is vs the one on August 21st?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarthogWrangler

I read somewhere, on ATS I think, a "member" of the Flat Earth Society claimed they had members all over the globe...

WW

LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I read somewhere once that ets had tech to create an eclipse or essentially turn off the sun and other such things... if ets can supposedly do it then whose to say God can't for the FEs?

I remember as a kid seeing a special eclipse in ks that was a once in a lifetime event. I was maybe 5/6 at the time. Does anyone know what kind of eclipse that is vs the one on August 21st?

But the Sun doesn't darken for everyone (nor at the same time) during a solar eclipse, as if "turning off". The eclipsed sun is only visible from certain parts of the Earth, while at the same time and from other parts of the Earth, the sun looks normal.

My question to the FE crowd is much more simple than an eclipse. I wonder how the sun sets below the horizon on a flat Earth (and, for that matter, is simultaneously is ABOVE to horizon for people west of the setting sun).

It can't be that the sun "moves away" from the people as it is setting, because that does not explain why it goes below the horizon.

Furthermore, if dusk and night occur on a flat Earth because the Sun "moves away" from some people as dusk approaches, then that means the apparent size of the Sun in the sky should change over the course of the day...As FE-ers might tell us, it should look small at sunrise because it was farther away over "nighttime" and "daylight" occurs as the Sun lights up the ground more as it gets closer. As FEers say, it then gets dark later in the day as the sun moves away. But as the sun moves away from people far enough to mo longer cast light on those people, then it should look smaller and smaller as it moves away.

However, what we observe in reality is a Sun that always has virtually the exact same apparent diameter no matter if it's sunrise, midday, or sunset.

edit on 2017/7/25 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WarthogWrangler

appologies - but that is an assanine carricature of flat-tard delusions

the flat-tards ACTUALLY believe [ or at least claim ] that :

teh sun is a highly focused directional beam in a circular " orbit " 3000 km above the aledged flat earth

^ that is the most accurate praphrasing i can manage

the blisteringly obvious rebutal to this idiocy is a single word :

lighthouses ?

and asking them about the moon - just makes thier empty heads explode

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Lol, just demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. Love the moon bit.

WW

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarthogWrangler

WW

Wow that picture is amazing. Apparently there are not that many flat earthers out there; I expected to get some responses from them here at ATS of all places but so far none have come out to assert their views.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I'm not sure but I bet if you could approximate the date you saw it with where you saw it from you might have some luck with Google.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

just to be helpfull - the eclise you witnessed should be calalouged here

pick the year you was 5 or 6 - and hey presto

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Are you not asking a bit much for the "flat earthers"?

I have not gotten any of them to explain how we can see the sun rise and set as we do. There is never an explaination of how we can see the sun shine on both top and bottom of the same layer of clouds at the same time. This would not be possible with their theory of how the universe works.

In the event it could be of assistance to others I would like to direct you attention to a site which I came across some time back.

www.zoon.cc...

It may go some distance in helping to further understand some things.
edit on 26-7-2017 by tinymind because: After thoughts

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
of course, the really important question..

is how does this eclipse relate to the time cube?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Are you not asking a bit much for the "flat earthers"?

I have not gotten any of them to explain how we can see the sun rise and set as we do. There is never an explaination of how we can see the sun shine on both top and bottom of the same layer of clouds at the same time. This would not be possible with their theory of how the universe works.

In the event it could be of assistance to others I would like to direct you attention to a site which I came across some time back.

www.zoon.cc...

It may go some distance in helping to further understand some things.

I thought not upon initial posting but apparently am asking too much of them. I suspected/hoped this would be the start of some epic conversations but was very wrong it seems. Regarding 'stupid' people, it's not really my place to label others as such. With the diversity of life and worldviews, not only are there many 'levels' of stupid, but there seem to be also different 'classes' of stupid. One who excels in many arenas may be daft in others.
edit on 27-7-2017 by humanityrising because: words

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
of course, the really important question..

is how does this eclipse relate to the time cube?

Go on....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join