It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins' Berkeley event cancelled for 'Islamophobia'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Wow, Dawkins is a complete tool, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to not let him speak. I mean college should allow for the opportunity to be exposed to new ideas and ways of thought. We have to defend free speech or we will end up a 3rd world banana republic.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yea, but this is Berkeley we're taking about here, where even the thought of an opposing view can cause life long trauma. I think if they found a piece of hair from Milo, they would probably burn it and celebrate something... probably ridding a piece of evil from the earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Exposing SJW's has become a great pastime. Outraged is quite a stretch, but thanks for participating underpants.. oops, I mean underwerks.

Outraged isn't a stretch at all given your wording in the OP amd the first few posters.

It's fair to be outraged at nonsense like this. The guy is a legend in academia and now he's being smeared as a racist because he dares to criticize a religion which is based on completely barbaric morals. Defending Islam under any circumstance is not being open minded, it's being a moron.
edit on 24/7/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Notice that Christians aren't the ones protesting because they are tolerant of criticism.

Dare to criticize Islam and the wrath of the Left is swiftly brought down on you.

So who are the tolerant groups here?

There is no monolithic White, Christian country called the United States any more.

It's been gone for 50 years or more with noticeable results.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No , I googled it. The atheist I was thinking of was Christopher Hutchins

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

***CORRECTION*** Cris Hitchins

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Because in their eyes, you can't be a bigot fighting bigotry, you can't be racist fighting racism, and you can't be a facist fighting facism.

Somebody once told me on these boards, "you can't be a liberal and a facist, it's literally impossible, google it"

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well it is good to see the atheists get stomped all over by the fascist boots of the Left. Now perhaps that the Left have attacked every group besides Islamists, they will get branded as the enemies of peace that they are.

The feminists have to take a back seat as Islam beats them into submission as part of their everyday upbringing.
The LGBT's have to remain silent as the Islamists toss them from rooftops and target them in suicide attacks.

The only conclusion can be that the Left has been taken over by militant Islam when a diehard atheist like Dawkins who has a long history of opposing Christianity cannot even find a seat at their cherished liberal institutions.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Islam again, we can make fun of every other religion in the world, even right in front of an audience of the people that believe in that religion, but Allan forbid we mock Islam.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

He's never spoken highly of ANY religion. I am surprised he turned this down.
He is getting old tho. I am sure he was 'advised' to not continue. If he was younger, I am sure he would have gone in in full force. He was a rather bull headed person in his younger years.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I have a question ... when does the insanity end?

At what point do they get so offended out at Berkeley that excusing everything as "oh, it's Berkeley and they're liberal, so ..." starts to look like a stupid joke?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Richard Dawkins is equally critical of all religions so it seems a bit hypocritical to book him knowing that (because that's what he's known for) and then canceling on the grounds of a certain religion being criticized.

Why would they book him to speak when they knew religion would most likely come up at one point or another? Seems pretty dumb in my opinion.
Possibly as a ploy to waste his time and money. Also it makes it look like the left is winning. Dawkins has always been a target.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Berkley used to be a bastion and champion of free speech. Now it is the bastion and champion of censorship.

I don't know, Berkley has sucked since the 80s, so what is new...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Richard Dawkins is equally critical of all religions so it seems a bit hypocritical to book him knowing that (because that's what he's known for) and then canceling on the grounds of a certain religion being criticized.

Why would they book him to speak when they knew religion would most likely come up at one point or another? Seems pretty dumb in my opinion.
Possibly as a ploy to waste his time and money. Also it makes it look like the left is winning. Dawkins has always been a target.

Dawkins is a target

Oh poor Dawkins, the fragile old thing he is, it makes me sad that poor dawkins is a target.

I must remember to be extra specially nice to Dawkins and his followers so they dont feel so sad when they are targeted by those nasty people

Sending him mental images of flowers and my warm thoughts so he doesnt feel such a victim of bullies

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

We should all him mental images of flowers and my warm thoughts so he doesnt feel such a victim of bullies, come on ats, lets support the poor victims of targeting like Dawkins
Obviously to shy and insecure himself to reach out

There there Dawkins and friends, we love and care for you

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

He's never spoken highly of ANY religion. I am surprised he turned this down.
He is getting old tho. I am sure he was 'advised' to not continue. If he was younger, I am sure he would have gone in in full force. He was a rather bull headed person in his younger years.

No he is not, poor thing is a target
Leave him alone, poor Mr Dawkins
Might hurt his feelings, just ask woody

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So... I take it you don't like Mr.Dawkin's

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What part of "Dawkins is an atheist" do these people not understand? Of course, he's not going to be very complimentary to people of faith, any faith, not even Islam.

Seriously, this would be like me getting upset because some Muslim preached about Jesus only being a prophet and not the actual Messiah, son of God. Of course, that's what the Muslim will say because it's their faith, just like Dawkins won't be very complimentary of Islam because he isn't into faith.

There is a difference between having an opinion that does not believe in any god and publicly deriding those of different beliefs.

Richard Dawkins is one of the four leaders (the four horsemen) of the "New Atheists" whose primary guiding principle is that all those who are not atheists should not be tolerated but should be publicly criticized and actively countered.

The New Atheists have done nothing for the public good and have defamed those who do work for the public good, as well as defaming truly accredited scientists with far greater subject knowledge and scientific results to their credit than any of the New Atheists.

The only product of the New Atheists is hate speech.

Someone's called him on it.

Good on them.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: testsubject271
if you actually look at this logically there is only one conclusion you can make.
And that is islamic muslims are above all other humans ,as no -one not even a scientist who adhere's to no religion can
make a statement against them ,funny you can slate christians.

you cannot even draw a cartoon,this is a double standard and should not exist at all.

how can any real teacher believe this to be fair?

Islamic muslims ? Lol.
Stop whining. You can slander muslims and draw cartoons all you want, who's stopping you ?
I bet that i could find 100 anti muslim events around USA each and every day.
Whining over the internet has become #1 American hobby, right wingers whine a tad more than lpthose to the left though.
For # sakes, what a bunch of sissies.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So what are your thoughts on the double standards by those who called him out?

Or is it justified because he's one of the four horsemen that only spews hate?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

What a tough guy you are.

What's with all you unhinged, Avatar-less, no substance ever, perpetual butt-hurt, anti trumpers?

Talking about whine, when all you're good for is whining.

Calling people sissies, while you're stuck in perpetual fear of multiple Boogeymen.

Find a new hobby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join