It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Are There Not At Least 10 or 20 Threads About Twin Peaks Season 3?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Also, there used to be an ongoing question about the Bob saying. I always thought it was -

Through the darkness of future(')s past
The magician longs to see
One chance out between two worlds,
Fire, walk with me.

Do you have a have a definitive source on that?
edit on 7/24/17 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

Also, I shot you a PM.
edit on 7/24/17 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Also, there used to be an ongoing question about the Bob saying. I always thought it was -

Through the darkness of future(')s past
The magician longs to see
One chance out between two worlds,
Fire, walk with me.

Do you have a have a definitive source on that?

It was the Twin Peaks Wikia, believe it or not.

But you are, indeed, correct. The actual word from the poem (most likely written by Frost) is future('s) past.

Though I always interpreted the third line to be One 'chants' out as opposed to one chance out.

And I'll respond to your PM now.

edit on 7/24/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, either way, with or without the apostrophe, the meaning is the same for the first line. It discusses the past, and possibly more than one.

With respect to the last two lines, I've always had the impression that fire was the way to escape, that it is the route out between the Black and White Lodges. It may be the way Cooper escapes the Black Lodge without ending up in the White Lodge, instead making it back to his original reality.

I'm spitballing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well, either way, with or without the apostrophe, the meaning is the same for the first line. It discusses the past, and possibly more than one.

With respect to the last two lines, I've always had the impression that fire was the way to escape, that it is the route out between the Black and White Lodges. It may be the way Cooper escapes the Black Lodge without ending up in the White Lodge, instead making it back to his original reality.

I'm spitballing.

Could be.

I've always thought that to chant out to the world 'Fire Walk With Me' is to say that I flaunt a life of hedonic pleasure and insatiable curiosity.

And also it acts an an open invitation (or invocation?) to the dark arts of sex & pleasure as a means of divination.

But I, too, am spitballing.

Check your PM.

edit on 7/24/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
a reply to: Namdru

No doubt David Lynch and Mark Frost have direct experience of all this, because you can't make this sh** up! By sh**, I mean the visionary force of the art.

Lynch is deep into meditation. That was his answer once when asked where he gets his ideas.

He most definitely is a meditator. I'd be surprised if he doesn't do quite a bit of lucid dreaming as well. IMO no other film maker has ever succeeded in evoking the unconscious the way the D.L. does, except possibly, on occasion, Kubrick.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

We stumble that way and decide which side we're on. And then there is no rest, until the mess is cleaned up. It's a many-lifetimes proposition, not for the easily freaked-out.

Nice number BTW.
edit on 25-7-2017 by Namdru because: nize numbr

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i think season 3 has been picking up rather nicely. and im glad lynch and showtime came to terms and the show is back with lynch at full creative control. no restrictions. in my opinion that's what's necessary. episode 8 i thought was mind-blowing and extremely revealing. layers of information that people are still decoding. great stuff. love it.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Episode 8 in Season 3 of Twin Peaks.... was... utterly.... brilliant.

Quite honestly, I would consider episode 8 to be better than some of Lynch's actual films.

If anyone was wondering why David Lynch made all that twitter fuss about leaving Twin Peaks a year ago, look no further than episode 8 for your answer.

Lynch needed to have a solid, well negotiated agreement with Showtime in order to maintain his creative control over the project all together. Had they not reached an agreement in regards to funding/control of Twin Peaks, season 3 would have never existed.

SPOILER ALERT

(Skip to 1:50 for the goods)

Watch the video, then look at my signature.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

We stumble that way and decide which side we're on. And then there is no rest, until the mess is cleaned up. It's a many-lifetimes proposition, not for the easily freaked-out.

Nice number BTW.

It's John Denver's birthdate. When I registered I was in the groove.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I would never have guessed. I just figured it was a prime number with a recognizable (if not totally regular) pattern of digits. And wouldn't you know it, I saw him in concert when I was a kid. BTW 43-31=12. Nice. And 341321 also is prime. Gets better even.

edit on 25-7-2017 by Namdru because: nice

edit on 25-7-2017 by Namdru because: nicer

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

I would never have guessed. I just figured it was a prime number with a recognizable (if not totally regular) pattern of digits. And wouldn't you know it, I saw him in concert when I was a kid. BTW 43-31=12. Nice. And 341321 also is prime. Gets better even.

I'm a math idiot, so kudos to you for having a handle on the language of the universe. Your foot is in the door.

Me? I'll be the one bringing you coffee while you puzzle out the cosmos.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Episode 8 in Season 3 of Twin Peaks.... was... utterly.... brilliant.

Quite honestly, I would consider episode 8 to be better than some of Lynch's actual films.

If anyone was wondering why David Lynch made all that twitter fuss about leaving Twin Peaks a year ago, look no further than episode 8 for your answer.

Lynch needed to have a solid, well negotiated agreement with Showtime in order to maintain his creative control over the project all together. Had they not reached an agreement in regards to funding/control of Twin Peaks, season 3 would have never existed.

SPOILER ALERT

(Skip to 1:50 for the goods)

Watch the video, then look at my signature.

my thoughts exactly. episode 8 was definitely on par if not better than some of lycnhs film work. it was just mind blowing. it explained so much. he never would have gotten away with an episode like that on network television like ABC or some crap. season 3's got its hooks in me. that's for sure. and i don't even mind that we don't have a fully cognizant agent cooper either. it's still just as good and i can't wait to see where it goes. it's really the only thing on TV besides game of thrones that I will watch on television every sunday right at air time. most shows i can wait a day or two and watch it streaming online. but not twin peaks season 3. its too damn good.

"dirty bearded men in a room!"

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I didn't know what to expect with the revival of Twin Peaks. To be honest I was a bit worried with the "not as good" mentality.

But I must say it has pleasantly surpassed anything I could have dreamed of!

I would be sad, of course, if it ends after this one season.

But holy smokes! What an amazing season it has been so far!

I don't think any show has successfully come back on the air quite like this.

edit on 31-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've really enjoyed the revival of Twin Peaks. Anyone else notice last episode was called "let's rock", Dianne also said it during the episode. "Let's Rock" was written on the windshield of Agent Chett Desmond's vehicle after his disappearance n Fire Walk With Me.

Bobby Briggs turned into the man the Major saw in his vision, that scene from season 1 when Major Briggs is telling Bobby about his vision might be one of my favorite scenes in all of TV, all time.

Dougie Jones moved like a cobra.
edit on 3-8-2017 by GordonCole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GordonCole
I've really enjoyed the revival of Twin Peaks. Anyone else notice last episode was called "let's rock", Dianne also said it during the episode. "Let's Rock" was written on the windshield of Agent Chett Desmond's vehicle after his disappearance n Fire Walk With Me.

Yes I'm toying with the idea that Dianne is somehow responsible for Desmond's disappearance and she wrote on the windshield as a "# you Gordon"

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I like that idea, there's definitely something off about Dianne. Who is she texting? If you pay attention to her texts it shows she's texting another iphone, but evil Coop doesn't have an iphone...mistake? I can't see Lynch making a mistake.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GordonCole

I like that idea, there's definitely something off about Dianne. Who is she texting?

It could be Agent Phillip Jefferey, formerly played by David Bowie in FWWM.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You could be right. In the last episode they brought up the dutchman's as where Jeffries is, for some reason that rings a bell for me, but I don't remember where I heard it.

Did you notice Big Ed's reflection at the end? Strange.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: GordonCole

I like that idea, there's definitely something off about Dianne. Who is she texting?

It could be Agent Phillip Jefferey, formerly played by David Bowie in FWWM.

i guess not "formerly" after all! sweet sweet bowie tea kettle....lol

i don't really wanna spoil, but wowza what a nice surprise. twin peaks is the sh!t.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join