It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've tried to be quiet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
All I said was that people seem to love using Islam as a scapegoat for the world's problems, nothing more or less.

In much the same way as a parent will blame theft from the cookie jar on the child with crumbs and chocolate on their face, this is in no way a case of scapegoating an innocent party. There are good reasons why, say, Jains and Buddhists aren't often blamed for acts of violence... that reason being the fact that Jains and Buddhists very rarely commit acts of violence.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In the same way that hate groups generalize entire races, cultures, ethnicities, etc. based on the actions of the minority of said races, cultures and ethnicities. Hate groups like to take the absolute worst qualities or stereotypes of certain people and blow them out of proportion to justify their hate.

Not saying you're part of a hate group I'm just showing the parallel I'm seeing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't see how naming the officer involved in this, who's name is Mohammed, is blowing anything out of proportion. In fact, I find it far more disturbing that some want that information unmentioned because it is inconvenient to their desired narrative.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It is kind of funny.

We shouldnt mention his name....because "INSERT racism"

Good god. Bless them all.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You have single handedly introduced a racist overtone to an otherwise non race related thread.

Think about that.

edit on 7 24 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Radical Islamic terrorism is a problem, the cop named Mohammad wasn't a radical Islamic terrorist though. We all know his name, the media is all over that part so why go out of your way to mention it here? The implications are obvious in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Looks like I took the bait hook, line and sinker. We all know what the implications were, I just pointed it out so I guess that means I'm the bad guy now.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

No. Its all in your head. You invented this. All the poster did was mention the name.

Thats not implied anything. Thats just YOUR own confirmation bias.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Why refer to just his first name? Is it the same as saying "is this case where the cop named Joe killed that guy?" Just doesn't have the same effect, does it?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ok, if you say so. Lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Prior to this thread I didn't know his name. I knew he was Somali, or former Somali, and that was the sum total of my information, that and the victims name.

My reaction would have been the same if his name had been Igor, or Joe, or Josephina, or any other.

My sole concern, though I'm sure many will disagree with me, was whether or not he was right in doing what he did. Nothing else matters. Not one blessed thing, save seeing justice served for the victim and her family.

Does it matter that he may, or may not be Islamic? He may be Christian for all I know, or agnostic, or athiest. I don't care. His name is Mohammed? ...and?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with race. I stayed away from mentioning his name to try to avoid the whole race thing. His race has nothing to do with my post. My post is about the police killing people when other options were available to them. This is an umbrella post EVERY SINGLE example of excessive force being used. It doesn't matter to me if the cop was white, black, or purple. I dont care. The issue is that the police are not held accountable. They are suspended or fired very rarely do they pay for their actions.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
This has nothing to do with race. I stayed away from mentioning his name to try to avoid the whole race thing. His race has nothing to do with my post. My post is about the police killing people when other options were available to them. This is an umbrella post EVERY SINGLE example of excessive force being used. It doesn't matter to me if the cop was white, black, or purple. I dont care. The issue is that the police are not held accountable. They are suspended or fired very rarely do they pay for their actions.

The police are the enforcement arm for governments and corporations, they are granted certain extra privelage.

If you think about if they were not ,very few would do the job.

They are like the house 'n-word' as depicted in Tarantino's Django.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join