It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've tried to be quiet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I didn't include that he was a Muslim, nor Black in my thread because it would have turned into a whole topic about that. This is and should be about police abuse. As it has been by witness as well as three accounts and a lawsuit against him about force to he is a very quick to anger person that should not be in such a career. To to make guys happy and justified with finger pointing he may have been hired due to minority hiring policies over qualifications.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: network dude

I think the facts should be presented without an agenda behind them. The only reason to have mentioned his name in the fashion it was mentioned was to make a connection to Islam.

Would it be relevant to mention that he was an immigrant from a country that has a pirate problem, or that the country that he came from still performs female circumcision?
Or that they still have slavery in that country today?

Immigrants aren't always 'just like us'.

Unless he arrived in America on a pirate ship full of slaves looking for unwilling victims to perform female genital mutilation on then I doubt it would be relevant. YMMV

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Pride

Integrity

Guts

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: butcherguy

I think the facts should be presented without an agenda behind them. The only reason to have mentioned his name in the fashion it was mentioned was to make a connection to Islam.

Would it be relevant to mention that he was an immigrant from a country that has a pirate problem, or that the country that he came from still performs female circumcision?
Or that they still have slavery in that country today?

Immigrants aren't always 'just like us'.

Unless he arrived in America on a pirate ship full of slaves looking for unwilling victims to perform female genital mutilation on then I doubt it would be relevant. YMMV

He could have arrived on a commercial airliner, yet still could have been a former pirate, slave trader and proponent of female genital mutilation.... right?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Surprising how mentioning a shooter's first name could become such a trigger to some here.

The shooter's name was officially identified in the press as Officer Mohamed Noor.
Why should this be immaterial when referencing and discussing the case?

Even CNN doesn't seem to have a problem identifying him:

Cop who shot Minneapolis woman was precinct's first Somali officer

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I think the bigger question need be asked here is just what the hell type persons are they hiring for police these days? They seem way, way, far too aggressive these days, at least to me. I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In a world where the difference of melanin in the perp's skin versus the officer's is immediately latched on to as a signal of a larger excuse to bitch, riot, whine, and protest, I think we should either accept it from both the convenient and inconvenient angles or reject it from both.

After all, if the cop's name had been Bubba, people would be losing their minds.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Conversely, would there be this much outcry, which is deserved by the way, if the victims name had been Bubba?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Surprising how mentioning a shooter's first name could become such a trigger to some here.

The shooter's name was officially identified in the press as Officer Mohamed Noor.
Why should this be immaterial when referencing and discussing the case?

Even CNN doesn't seem to have a problem identifying him:

Cop who shot Minneapolis woman was precinct's first Somali officer

www.cnn.com...

If this site didn't have comments dealing with Stormfront -lite type replies day in day out...just maybe I wouldn't be "triggered" to not point that out.

Deal with it, point out those posts, instead of fostering them.

edit on 24-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Not organized, that's for sure. We've got groups like BlackLivesMatter and the NAACP... if the same was created for caucasians, it would be quickly called a white supremecist group and ripped to shreds by a fearful, narrative driven media.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Those Somali Muslim cops - geez. No other race/religion/nationality of cops are shooting people unnecessarily. Just those dumb Somali Muslim cops.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What is the issue with identifying the cop/cops involved?

That is generally standard practice, is it not? The fact that he is from Somalia, and may or may not be Muslim, is totally irrelevant, other than that is what he is, or was, since he's probably naturalized by now.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes, because this is the first story ever when the cop and victim have had their race identified.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What is the issue with identifying the cop/cops involved?

Obviously because it is inconvenient to The Narrative™. We all know that The Narrative™ must focus on race only when it is a black perp and a non-black officer. Otherwise The Narrative™ may fail, and it must be defended and shielded against that at all times.

ETA: We also know through seeing this mind numbing defense squad response time after time that The Narrative™ of Islamics being people of peace must also be defended at all times, making this a double dip strike against The Narrative™.
edit on 24-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So the best way to stop a problem is to make it worse? That's like trying to stop a fight by jumping in and throwing punches yourself. Not very effective and a bit counterproductive if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That's like trying to stop a fight by jumping in and throwing punches yourself.

Sir, I am an American. We've been fighting wars in the name of peace for over 240 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

War and peace are two totally different things. If you are fighting wars then you are not promoting peace at all.

I'm going to start a club at school called "students against bullying" and then go around and harass a bunch of people. Maybe me harassing everyone will stop bullying from happening! Oh wait, now I've become the bully haven't I?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

People in positions of power, be it elected official or something low as a cop, should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law when they are found to be in violation of it. seriously it should be 10 times worse for those in positions of power. instead they will get no charges or paid leave and then get back to the same thing as before.
Gov wages should be lowered to whatever the national average income is, i know a few years back it was like 44k not sure what it is now. they should not be allowed to accept any money/income from any other source what so ever while in office unless they owned a buissness before running. i think these couple things would fix alot of the corruption we suffer from.

I think a good first step would be to have an organization who's sole function would be to prosecute the police with the same zeal that cops exhibit towards cop killers. Their only job would be to go after cops, prosecutors, lawmakers, and judges who may have broken the law. Ideally, they would be hired from a pool of people who studied law while incarcerated.

Then, after a cop shoots someone, instead of heading home to start a vacation he will be grilled for 40 hrs. straight to try to get a confession out of him. After that, he can cool his heels in jail for a few months while awaiting trial, just like anyone else. At trial, there should be a prosecutor trying his damndest to see to it that the perp spends the rest of his life behind bars.

I think that would cut down on a lot of police shootings, unnecessary force, planting evidence, malicious prosecutions, judicial misconducts, etc. The problem we have now is that relations between police, prosecutors, judges, and lawmakers is just too cozy.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

War and peace are two totally different things. If you are fighting wars then you are not promoting peace at all.

I'm going to start a club at school called "students against bullying" and then go around and harass a bunch of people. Maybe me harassing everyone will stop bullying from happening! Oh wait, now I've become the bully haven't I?

You've publicly accused another member of being anti-Islam, simply because he mentioned the shooter's name.

In so doing, how are you "promoting peace" and not, yourself, engaging in "bullying"?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I haven't called anyone anti-Islam, I was only pointing out something that I noticed. You can't be mad at me for pointing out what you said. All I said was that people seem to love using Islam as a scapegoat for the world's problems, nothing more or less.

Me trying to point out flawed logic is not me trying to pick a fight. My bluntness does not mean I'm trying to insult anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join