It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump dumping the 'beleaguered' Sessions for Giuliani?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Maybe not cause for a new thread but what the heck. My homepage news feed just mentioned this new tweet of trumps calling Sessions 'beleaguered''. Despite 'beleaguered' being an awfully big three syllable word and not a common type word to be used by our monosyllabic potus, it does add to the contentions that Sessons is on the way out.

Could Rudy be the next to step up and try to stave off the faltering of the prez?

I"m not going to offer a link as it seems that one mans link is another mans fake news, so if this is true it will be all over the news feeds anyway and any one who has an interest will find one that suits their own fancy.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sessions is not going after Hillary. That's why.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe it's Chris Christie's turn?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Could Rudy be the next to step up and try to stave off the faltering of the prez?

Rudy has his own baggage. I don't think he has any hope to get a position in Trump's administration.

Once upon a time, Rudy was a fearless defender of the right. But he switched sides, finding it more financially rewarding to work with the guys he used to put behind bars, instead of opposing them.

So, now Rudy is "tainted" from head to toe.

Nobody wants to see Rudy sit before any senate committee to answer questions in any hearings. That won't reflect well on Trump's team.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well, firing Sessions would probably be the only good thing trump has ever done or ever will do in his entire life.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I hope this is true. Sessions scares me more than Trump . Rudy not so great either, but all the medical MJ crack down and Civil Forfiture crap Iv been hearing about leaves me saying good riddance Jeffy, nice try on taking us back 50 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Nobody wants to see Rudy sit before any senate committee to answer questions in any hearings. That won't reflect well on Trump's team.

HAHA! Oh! I do! I do!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Oh god, please no.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I imagine Rudy would promise Trump anything in order to get back into some kind of power. He is not a ''sidelines' kind of guy

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sure.

The key word above is "try" as in "attempt," one surely destined to be a failure of an attempt, possibly disastrous.

I refer you to my prior post, "Like a Mob Chieftain, a Dishonest President Has to Rely on Lower and Lower Quality People."

Giuliani follows that paradigm.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Do you think that might have something to do with Trump telling everybody he "doesn't feel strongly about" going after Clinton? And how he told everybody how "divisive" it would be to go after Clinton?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Should have been Rudy Giuliani in the first place... He was as loyal to the Trump campaign as Sessions.

Oh..I see that this is one of the typical Monday rumors to start the week, for now.
nypost.com...

Trump will feel more comfortable with New York guys, like the new Communications Director, Anthony Scaramucci. They have NO FEAR.

edit on 7/24/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Maybe it's Chris Christie's turn?

Christie was like the first of the other candidates to swing over and support Trump. I think he saw the writing on the wall and figured he would suck up to him. I remember seeing him and Trump high fiveing each other and Christie looked like he was going to have a solid position in the Trump ranks, but that never happened. There was speculation that his dogging Kushners family on some charge derailed him.

Now there is the shots of him on the beach that did not go over well with anyone. I think that he is probably toast.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I remember the 9-11 images of him supposedly taking charge and I thought, great, a strong mayor. But then several weeks later he showed up for the opening of SNL, the first after the attack. And there he was introducing the ''heroic'' first responders and praising all their good efforts to keep the city from ruin. The firemen, the police men, the medics and such. And that was good. But as I have looked at that video from that show several times over the years I noticed something peculiar. Among the 'heros' there it seemed there were no people of color and no women. But out of a couple dozen? From New York? Maybe one or two, but they were not obvious. Basically Guiliani stood before America with a stage full of 'white male heros. Any good thoughts I had of him flew out the window.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Well, firing Sessions would probably be the only good thing trump has ever done or ever will do in his entire life.

Cannot happen soon enough for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Maybe not cause for a new thread but what the heck. My homepage news feed just mentioned this new tweet of trumps calling Sessions 'beleaguered''. Despite 'beleaguered' being an awfully big three syllable word and not a common type word to be used by our monosyllabic potus, it does add to the contentions that Sessons is on the way out.

I don't like Sessions one bit-- never have. However, it appeared it was part of a Tweetstorm and it appears as if those are getting less attention today.

He can fire Sessions, but it's going to look as though he's shopping for "yes men" and shopping for "the justice of the moment" -- some legal eagle who will go along with what he wants at that time. As his needs or ideas change, that person's going to be thrown under the bus as he shops for another compliant individual.

Constant turnovers in an administration lead to very little getting done and a sense of chaos overall.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Trump will feel more comfortable with New York guys, like the new Communications Director, Anthony Scaramucci. They have NO FEAR.

The question is, do they have "no ethics"? Trump appears to be trying to change government so that the President can act as a CEO (bad idea) rather than as an elected official... and some of his moves are really questionable. If they have a strong set of ethics they may lock horns with him.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

As his needs or ideas change,

And that now seems to be occurring not only on a daily basis but at this point even hourly .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sessions is a POS.

Giuliani is too, damn Neocon hardcase, but this one job role he'd do a good job at it. And I wouldnt guess he's a damn War On Drugs zealot.

But keep him the F away from foreign policy.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Trueman

Do you think that might have something to do with Trump telling everybody he "doesn't feel strongly about" going after Clinton? And how he told everybody how "divisive" it would be to go after Clinton?

Right. And more and more that appears to just have been a ploy to rile up the crowd. That along with a lot of the rest of what he promised. For not being a career politician Trump does seem to have that skill already.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join