It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fast mover over Africa, sat images

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

question 1 :

what is the satelite used for the source data @ " sat24 " -?

question 2 :

what is the orbital altitude ?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This anomaly happens many days at the same time in the same region when there's no cloud cover.

If u go to www2.sat24.com...
Region Africa. 23 July 2017 Time 11.00

You can see the original image, now change to 11 July 2017 for instance. See same reflection. There are days when it shows really weak anomaly or no anomaly at all.

Maybe it's a reflection from a water lake or atmosphere or this www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

About 22,000 miles for geosynchronous weather sats. So 100 million feet plus altitude.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yeah i hate those lame robot voices too.

Personally im thinking mufon got hoaxed.

Yeah when I heard the robot voice it raised a flag with me. I'm beginning to think this is a hoax too we shall soon know if secureteam10 posts in on YouTube in a few days. The size of the 'aircraft' just doesn't look right to me

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Looks like a generic hypersonic platform.

I have little faith in mufons ability to debunk much of anything.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's a data anomaly. If that's an aircraft it's bigger than most large commercial aircraft.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Beyond bigger humongous.
Data anomaly and mufon is getting hoaxed and or putting the cart before the horse. Im hoping the robot voice is just claiming its a real mufon case cause mufon cant be that incompetent. I mean they generally are but you know what i mean.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Beyond bigger humongous.
Data anomaly and mufon is getting hoaxed and or putting the cart before the horse. Im hoping the robot voice is just claiming its a real mufon case cause mufon cant be that incompetent. I mean they generally are but you know what i mean.

Judging from the radar it would be the size of a major city like say New York. And would have been seen for hundreds of miles.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Orbital platform/re-entry vehicle with secondary stage attached?

Just throwing something to the wall seeing if it sticks.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think Winterpain nailed it. If you look at the image it's actually imposed over the google images (or whoever s image it is) of yellow country border lines.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OOOh I know. The white bit is the aircraft and the black bit is it's shadow on the ground

I"ll get my coat ........

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2017 by humanoidlord because: no

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The video was posted July 23 but the screenshot from sat24.com says Tuesday July 25. How does that work, exactly?

Edit: I went to the website and it can show future track of clouds. However, the pic in the video is from the phone app, not the website itself. The whole thing seems like a hoax to me.
edit on 7242017 by oriondc because: additional info

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Anyone got an estimate of size or is there not enough data to make a determination? Looks huge considering size of photo
edit on 24-7-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yep that's what I got too, a very large fast moving
non commercial aircraft. Someone missed a sweep
and I bet they won't be back on the scope .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If this was an actual aircraft, it would be a one of a kind, simply because it would need one of the biggest hangars ever built. That would stand out.

It would also need a lot of fuel, and probably not JP-8. There should be evidence of a new fuel being produced and shipped mention that if it really was super or hypersonic, it would need some insane propulsion system to push something that big to those speeds.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

yes - using the assumed orbital altitude for the sattelite supplied by ATS member " BASSPLYR " [ he says > 30 thousand km ]

and a CONSERVATIVE calculation of its " footprint " [ my calc = > 100km ]

we can determine its size for a given altitude - we dont have the data to know its altitude

and it gets silly

if its on the ground - its 100km long

hey - i wont spoil the surprise - do the calculations - its simple trigonomentry

question - at what atlitude does it need to be to have a fuselage length < 1000m ?

the correct answer solves this idiocy
edit on 24-7-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: pavil

yes - using the assumed orbital altitude for the sattelite supplied by ATS member " BASSPLYR " [ he says > 30 thousand km ]

if its on the ground - its 100km long

the correct answer solves this idiocy

Apparently sat24 uses eumetsat and u can find precise info about their sats here, but basically 36,000 km altitude.
www.eumetsat.int...

Also don't forget to read my post above. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Yea, that is what I thought, but I didn't know they could be seen from space. Must use really reflective yellow paint. China must have spent billions on that project alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, maybe the Russians built a giant version of the Mig 25 Foxbat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join