It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old raped by relative can have abortion without parents’ consent, Alabama court rules

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

or...
he works while children are young, refuses to take over after he's done so mom can work also...
but then, when things get too difficult, he gripes that she should be working, so she gets a job... and while she is working, he dumps the kids off onto a friend who feeds and take care of them while he plays games with her hubby...
or maybe he just says heck with it and she finds out the the baby food that he was supposed to be feeding the baby was being given to the cat instead (both instances really did happen to women I know!!)
or maybe he just finds that it's too much for him, after all, why should he have to come home to take care of kids after a long day at work... so he tells her to quit the job....

both me and my husband had to work through most of my kid's childhood!!! I stand by the what I said!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

..it's nice that you've gone to such extreme lengths to justify the wanton killing of babies.

Baby? Why don't you get it and give it a bottle and burp it? Feed it some baby food and make it smile. Ride it on your knee and take it for a walk in a stroller.

OH WAIT! You can't do that becauseit's not a baby! Grow up.

edit on 7/24/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ok...so we do a DNA test then look in the database to see if we can possibly trace the rapist.

Or is it simply too expensive to do so?

Certainly it CAN be done. But, like I said, there are already tens of thousands of untested rape kits sitting in warehouses because there aren't the funds or the personnel to do the tests. It's a matter of priority. I don't think that "they" are going to change their priorities because the "rape victim" got an abortion.

Because they'll discover that the real father is actually her spouse and that she is a liar.

Not so. Just because the "rapist" didn't impregnate her doesn't mean she wasn't raped, or didn't think she was carrying her rapist's spawn!
edit on 24-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Because they'll discover that the real father is actually her spouse and that she is a liar.

NEXT!

Sweet so even if that's correct (it's not), you've only stopped people in committed relationships from having a choice.

How are you supposed to limit the choices of those who enjoy one night stands?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So people condemn abortion because it kills an unborn human. Yet, when ISIS goes off killing people countries stand by and do what? NOTHING.

There are bigger fish to dry in the ocean. Let the girl enjoy her childhood. Let society not rob her of that! Let her relative go to jail for that.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
there's only two things that should be considered when it comes to abortion...
first and foremost is the risks that the pregnancy poses to the women... if the risks to too far above normal that she will suffer internal injury, illness, or death... then I don't care, she shouldn't be refused an abortion IN ANY HOSPITAL or state. the doctors shouldn't be waiting around for the heartbeat to stop because of some stupid "heartbeat law" or some bishop's directives!

the other is the stage of pregnancy... the closer it is to that nine month mark, the closer it is to being a baby...
if it's viable and the mother wants to end the pregnancy, then do a c-section and hope for the best instead.

you can't go into your morality issues, her personal birth control choices and why they may have not worked, her marital relationships, ect... without delving in to her personal life... which denies her right to privacy!
edit on 24-7-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll Where do people get off telling others what to do and how to live their lives? It's literally sickening.

That's the same argument I use for the Obamacare mandate.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes,i did not know that till dawnstar pointed it out. Obviously this poor girl is in a Horrible situation even without the rape and resulting pregnancy. I guess being a non-abusive loving mother who would die a billion times over in agony for my kids,i am used to children being able to immediately tell their parents about such an ordeal.I was an abused child myself,but at least my adoptive mother would have immediately assisted me,took me to hospital and police,because i could at least approach her for help if something like that happened. She was protective in a strange way,although she was extremely abusive to me herself- The old "I can kick my dog but no one else can kick my dog" thing.I did not mean it in a bad way,it is just the first thing that sprang to mind,as a reaction,because in my own miserable childhood and present day,i was more fortunate than this girl,and it was a natural first thought,and i like to think of possible solutions immediately to any problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Your source is wrong.
Minors need parental or guardian consent; some states offer a judicial bypass but that requires a court hearing.

Why would anyone think someone who isnt allowed to drink alcohol would be able to make a choice like abortion on their own?
That is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

My step daughter had an abortion at 14, through the help of school nurse, and we didn't know about it until after it was a done deal...............so. That was Hawaii in the 1980's.

Do you think that the law works both ways? Should a parent be able to force a teenager to have an abortion if she wants to keep her baby? Should she be forced to give it up for adoption too?

In the 1970s I was a pregnant 17 year old. My parents tried to force me to have an abortion. The state (California) wouldn't allow it. They kicked me out of their home, and the state gave me housing, food and medical.

Waxing philosophical, it makes no sense that the law should force a minor woman to give birth any more than it would force an abortion, based on a parents wishes.

edit on 24-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

and yet, I would consider parents refusal to give consent when their child is only 12 as being close to denying them needed medical care...
and we all know that in many of those cases....
the gov't will intervene to ensure the child's health and life...

can you imagine the uproar if they decided that no, the child wasn't able to make the decision, and the parents weren't fit to... so they would...
and they decided that she should have an abortion that she didn't want to have???

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No...I can assure you my life is far from a utopia. For example...if I get a girl pregnant that child WILL be born, it'll probably be a pain in the backside and will have a considerable affect on my life. That's called consequence...no utopia here.

Her body her choice

And with your attitude she'd be a fool to go through with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
i sincerely hope you just being sarcastic

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

lol simpleton can't see the forest for the trees.

Eugenics is afoot. Deny if you wish it doesn't care

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why have you decided one problem is less important than another? to me murder is a far more serious problem than some false rape allegation.

FALSE ...... She is 12 years old

Statutory rape: law

The crime of having sex with someone who is younger than an age that is specified by law.

Too young to consent.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

Exaclty...o;d fashioned my scrote...there's nothing old fashioned about abortion.

People who have consentual sex then want an abortion are very much people of the modern era...the era of throwaway appliances and babies.

Nout old fashioned about it.

Not much of a student of history then are you? Abortion history dates back to over 5000 years ago. According to Chinese folklore; the legendary Emperor Shennong prescribed the use of mercury to induce abortions. The first recorded evidence of a termination of pregnancy is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BC. Chinese records document the number of royal concubines who had abortions in China between the years 500 and 515 BC.

Pregnancies were ended through a number of methods that included deep abdominal massage, sharpened instruments, herbal medicines, various liquids flushed into the intrauterine cavity, as well as other techniques.

Throughout the centuries abortion laws have changed. Prior to the mid 1500’s the Catholic Church and other governmental laws focused on “quickening” (where the mother feels fetal movement) to determine whether or not an abortion was allowable. Prior to quickening, abortion was lawful. Not until the 18th and 19th centuries did physicians, clergymen, and politicians enact an outright ban on abortion. They were successful in prohibiting abortion by the beginning of the 1900’s in the United States. Abortion continues to be legal in this country, but legislators, prosecutors, and others in the justice system are either striving to make abortion illegal, or making the steps to obtain an abortion so difficult for women, that it is becoming more arduous for what should be a private decision between a woman and her Physician to occur.

Several of the methods used to perform abortions many years ago were predominantly non-surgical. Physically exhausting techniques such as weightlifting, diving, paddling, strenuous labor, climbing, fasting, pouring hot water onto the abdomen, lying on a heated coconut shell, and irritant leaves were some of the techniques used for abortion. Surgical instruments used for abortion that date back thousands of years have been found through Archaeological discovery. Most of the instruments were never mentioned in old medical texts.

Midwives and knowledgeable laypeople were the main groups primarily responsible for performing termination procedures in early history. Abortion became well documented in the 2nd century by a Greek physician named Soranus. He suggested that some women should have an abortion due to their emotional immaturity. He described enemas, fasting, bloodletting, energetic walking, riding animals, and jumping so that the woman’s heels touched her buttocks with each jump (Lacedoemonian Leap) as abortion methods.

Abortion surgical instruments are described in many religious texts. Tertullian, a 2nd and 3rd century Christian theologian described surgical instruments and techniques very similar to those used for dilatation and evacuation today. These instruments were used when a pregnant woman’s life was in danger, or the fetus had died in the uterus.

I could go on if you like, but the basic gist is that abortion being a "Modern convenience" is B.S. it has existed at least as Lin as written history and if early writings discussed it, the odds are that it has been in practice far longer as this is actually supported by archaeological finds.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yeah being a statist thug forcing people to bow to your will above all else because your idea is THE BEST idea for EVERYone because you're the center of the universe...that works too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

lol simpleton can't see the forest for the trees.
Eugenics is afoot. Deny if you wish it doesn't care

As abortion is a personal choice and not forced on a woman it is hardly

eugenics.

Eugenics: The idea that it is possible to improve humans by allowing only

some/certain people to produce children:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The law in hawaii appears to show those 14+ may have an abortion with no parental consent or notification. It looks to me hawaii passed "a freedom of choice" act in 1970. The 12 year old in the op would still have to get permission from a parent or guardian.

I do not think any adult should be forced to abort or not abort.
Minors is a much different subject, but I do not think it should be "forced".
Are there other medical treatments minors are allowed to decide for themselves? Is a minor allowed to not take a cancer treatment?
I think the minors health should be priority number one in any of those discussions and not politics. I think the best source to determine the minors health would be a doctor.
It is not an easy discussion to have, and it is the minors body that is being discussed. The minor should have a voice in the discussion.
I do not think an abortion should be denied in cases that involve the mothers health or rape.
I also think a 12 year old is nowhere near ready to make this kind of decision on their own.

I am saddened to hear about your youth, and I hope you have not taken my discussion of what the law is in any way to be offensive or disrespectful to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The parents in the op dont much sound like parents.
I would be surprised if any doctor would say having a 12yo deliver a child would be good for the 12yo.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join