It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old raped by relative can have abortion without parents’ consent, Alabama court rules

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

but I am in a position that a pregnancy in a 12 year old child poses enough risk health wise to the child that it should negate any of that or any other argument really..

Absolutely, but we still need a doctor to affirm that, not lawmakers. Ergo, Roe V Wade states the choice is between a woman and her doctor......PERIOD. Before fetal viability, there should be no middle man, i.e. the courts, to second guess that choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Check your promiscuous privilege!

Will do, may I suggest checking your plumbing whilst we are checking things?

I'm just curious how many abortions you may have been unaware of now.
You're right, speculation is fun.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I already said earlier...in my first response to this thread, in fact, that there should be exceptions.

My gripe isn't with a 12 year old rape victim having an abortion - I was very clear about that.

My problem is this idea that's banded around now....hey, kids - it's ok to be promiscuous and careless...if you get up the duff, simply have it ripped out of you and start again! It's fiiiiiine!

You understand the difference, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Fair enough, I guess I just can't compete with your proud and noble ways.

I just hope you are clear about this with your GF.
It would be a shame if she didn't realise she has to make the choice alone.

I currently do not have a GF...but you're wrong, I don't date whores and tarts or animals. I'd figure out pretty quickly if the girl I was with was a nasty, selfish b****. Like I already said - I've never gotten a girl pregnant because I'm not completely retarded and it's easy enough to avoid.

If I were to make the decision that I do want to get a girl pregnant...I'd be nice enough to kinda run it by her first...and she's be either YAY or NAY!

Pretty obvious, really.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

But I shan't. You're lucky I'm a nice guy or I'd go and cry to the mods about how you're trying to be the Pol Pot of ATS.

Right, a nice guy that wants to send "wimmin" to jail for making a personal decision about their own bodies.

Go cry to the mods and enjoy your cookie!

Why make the personal decision to get pregnant in the first place...remember before you answer...I'm not talking about a rape or incest victim.

Are women forced to get pregnant in a consentual relationship?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Besides...you neglect to realise they're making a decision about someone else's body..and someone elses child.

Why is the only body that matters that of the pregnant female who got pregnant because she was too stupid or ignorant to use contraception?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

lol right.... type of guy who has to have all the control in a relationship... prolly has history of abuse also

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

so the first state you quoted is incorrect

Perhaps. Here's where I got my info: www.verywell.com...

and that is only your opinion it is not based in reality or fact

It's based on the ruling that came from Roe V Wade.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's kinda worrying to think there are guys out there who simply think...I'm-a get her pregnant without even telling her....it'll be too late for her to do anyting...muuahahahaaaaaah!

Between consenting adults in a relationship it should probably be discussed beforehand. There are no excuses, if you willingly opt not to use contraception you're willingly opting to potentially get pregnant.

And when you willingly opt to get pregnant there should be no grounds for abortion because...adults + conscious decisions == consequences.

I spend most of my childhood learning that there were consequences only to find out that....pfft, don't worry about that, it's only a baby!

We can 'ave 'nuvver one! Chuck it in the binnn! It'll ruin all our fun so it will.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Yeah, that's how the world works.

Defense: Your honor, the defendant claims that the baby this person is having is not his...in fact e claims he never even had sex with the person in question, and that if we conduct a DNA test we can prove conclusively that he is 100% innocent of rape!

Judge: Pah...those tests are too expensive... LOCK HIM UP!

Why can't you get this through your pretty little head? There is no "defendant" when the rapist is an unknown stranger!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

ya, I am also fully aware that birth control is not 100% effective and that some husbands seem to think that sex on demand comes with the marriage contract.
I'm aware that when it comes to being a parent, for men it's a plus in the eyes of employers, but when it comes to women, there's a nice big hit in the purse!
I'm aware that the same political party who wants every fetus to turn into a living breathing child will do everything in their power to kill the programs so many kids are depending on to house them, feed them, take care of them when they are sick.
I was sexually abused as a child too young to realized what was happening to me.
I was raped as an adult..
and, I'm also very much aware that no pregnancy comes with a 0% risk factor!!! the doctors should have a say when they discuss the medical condition with the women/girl and should be free to advise her of ALL of her alternatives, frankly and HONESTLY... which they are not able to do in any catholic hospital in the country...
and the women/girl should be the ones who decide weather they want to take that risk..
maybe I am wrong but I do believe that Roe v. Wade had more to do with privacy than anything else...
so...tell me, how can anyone discuss the health condition of a women in a court of law without violating the patients privacy in health matters?
how can a wife defend herself against the onslaught of "well, if you didn't want to have a child, you should have kept your legs crossed" without getting into the complex, and very personal details of the marriage she is involved in?
this young girls right to privacy has been completely violated, by these two creeps with their media rants!! it doesn't matter if her name has been withheld, since there are those close enough to her who probably put two and two together.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There is no court case...it's completely hypothetical - you made it up, remember?

Anyway...thanks for calling me pretty, I feel bad because I have nothing nice to say back to you.

C'est la vie!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It's kinda worrying to think there are guys out there who simply think...I'm-a get her pregnant without even telling her....it'll be too late for her to do anyting...muuahahahaaaaaah!

Yep, thankfully there's options however.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There is no court case...it's completely hypothetical - you made it up, remember?

Anyway...thanks for calling me pretty, I feel bad because I have nothing nice to say back to you.

C'est la vie!

LOL.......Right, it's hypothetical, and hypothetically, the woman in question is claiming that she doesn't know who her rapist is! Therefore, there can be no defendant. Get it?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So men work...and it's great for them from an employment perspective to have kids.

But...the woman stays at home more than the man, to raise the kids.

Therefore, her income, or the majority of her income will most likely come from the man, who is working.

And it's her purse that's suffering. Truth is this whole abortion lark is just another feminist attack on the man.

Men have it oh-so good, don't they? They love working extra shifts and doing all the overtime that's going to hand it all over to her so she can blow it all on online bin..er, baby.

That whole post was bizarre to be honest. Very warped....he works, she takes income...spends income on baby yet shes like the 'victim'

Anyway...you're absolutely right...not being able to afford having a child means it's ok to get pregnant then simply do away with it. It completely negates the notion that getting pregnant in the first place was stupid.

Well done.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ok...so we do a DNA test then look in the database to see if we can possibly trace the rapist.

Or is it simply too expensive to do so?

They use DNA to track down criminals all the time...but not in this hypothetical rape case, you know why?

Because they'll discover that the real father is actually her spouse and that she is a liar.

NEXT!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm just kidding...it's nice that you've gone to such extreme lengths to justify the wanton killing of babies.

It shows you are a caring and considerate person...the hoops you're jumped through. You did try, bless you.

Anyways..gotta go, night.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This shouldn't be in the news. Why? Because it ain't nobody's business. Nobody's. Where do people get off telling others what to do and how to live their lives? It's literally sickening. Oh yeah, the Alt right. The pathetic busybodies who think they should get to determine what's best for everybody.
edit on 7/24/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join