It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Definition Of "Collude" Is Kushner Using To Assert Innocence of Colluding?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Here we go again: does the United States have to engage in counterattack for a war to be in progress?

Thee US is the one starting the wars. Denial we are engaged in aggressive war is par for the warmonger course. Yah here we go again...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only congress can declare war....
What part of that do you not understand?

We are at war, what part of that don't you understand?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We are at war, what part of that don't you understand?

source please
I will need more than just your uneducated opinion on that matter.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What rock you living under?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised you can not back up your opinion with any relevant source?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: shooterbrody

a state of war between the us and russia would have to exist for treason to be charged...

But we are at "war" with the Russians, ever hear of the "Cold" war?

"Cold War" is another media term. It has no legal meaning.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Well, Jeanine Pirro fiercely blasted of treason something like: "We are not at war [with Russia], folks!"

Yes we are.

Same as in Vietnam, Central America, Cuba, WWII, how far you want to go back? Russia has always been the 'enemy'.

Umm the Cold War was between the US and the USSR. The Soviet Union collapsed because of it. WW2? Pretty sure the Soviet Union was fighting the Germans and lost close to 20 million lives during that war. How were they our enemies at that point. It was after ww2 the Cold War started. Yes the USSR initially had a deal with the Germans. The Germans turned on them and the Soviets switched sides.

Given that information, how has Russia always been the enemy? It's a different country than it was 30 years ago.
Probably should brushed up on the definition of war.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a state of war between the us and russia would have to exist for treason to be charged...

I don't think precisely so.

Have you witnessed a court proceeding lately?

Everything is in free form more so than you would expect of a Third World courtroom.

This is how things work: if the law in its strictest sense serves the purposes of the judge (whatever those purposes may be), then he goes with the law in its strictest sense to justify his ruling; if a loose interpretation of the law serves the judge's purposes, then he goes with those loose interpretations to justify his ruling; and if the law goes totally against his purpose, then the judge just dispenses with the law and does whatever he wants... too bad, take it up on appeal.

A judge may rule that the cyber-attack by Russia on the United States plus the close buzzing by Russian aircraft justify a finding that the U.S. and Russia were, indeed at war, and, so, po' lil' Jared may have to take his cause to be unshackled, to be uncaged up on appeal to the Supreme Court. Good luck with that, Jared!

Take it from me: if you are ever accused and prosecuted for a crime, the worst thing that you can do is to hire a lawyer who got "A's" in law school and who knows statutes inside out. You are best off with a lawyer who is good at contriving all sorts of ridiculous legal fictions and spinning all sorts of illogic to get you off the hook. You want a “spin doctor.” Make that a “spin witch doctor.”
edit on 24-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Eliminated the duplicated backwards quote.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I did not collude, nor know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government. I had no improper contacts. I have not relied on Russian funds to finance my business activities in the private sector. I have tried to be fully transparent with regard to the filing of my SF-86 form, above and beyond what is required.

He has boxed himself in with this statement.
I wonder is there is any actual proof he is lying in any of it.

Lying?

Let's look to the part where he said that he "had no improper contacts."

Is this a statement of opinion by someone who can later claim that he is just a layman and not a super savvy attorney, and if this is deemed to be an opinion, is Jared off the hook for any legal liability in connection with it? Probably.

If the statement is presented as fact that turns out to false, can Jared be on the hook for perjury? I don't think so, because I don't think that the statement has been made under oath.

However, put this publicized statement in combination with the prior assertion of "[I did not] know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government..." Can this be taken as aiding and abetting a cover-up of other's transgressions, and would this, if it is all false and not taken as mere opinion, put jared on the hook for legal liability?
edit on 24-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected punctuation.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
Jared Kushner is denying that he did any "colluding" with Russia, but...

"Colluding" is an "interpretation."

Nobody applies this term to their own activities.

Jared's perspective would simply be that he was engaging in "deal making."

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Selling a condo to a Russian civilian is not collusion or treason. America and Russia are not at war. An American can legally sell anything to a Russian.

Yes, but selling a hugely over-valued condo to a Russian civilian who happens to be a mobster who uses that sale as a means of funneling cash out of one country and into another as a means of money laundering ~is~ a crime.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

good luck with finding a judge to interpret who gets to determine if a state of war exists between the usa and another country
that power is expressly given to congress in the constitution
I posted this link earlier
it may help you
www.npr.org...

Using the word "treason" can be a fraught affair. As Yale Law School's Eugene Fidell observes, treason is the only crime specifically mentioned and defined in the Constitution because it was a charge so abused by the English monarchy.

Under the Constitution, "treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Subsequent interpretations, by James Madison in the Federalist Papers and Chief Justice John Marshall in an 1807 Supreme Court opinion, have connected treason only to the "levying of war" or the use of force to overthrow the established institutions of government. There is a second protection as well for those accused of treason. Under the explicit terms of Article III of the Constitution, "no person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses," both confirming the same overt act, "or on confession [of the accused] in open court."

but hey that guy is only from yale law school so what does he know....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

No the statement was not given "under oath".
That is why I asked about proof of his lying and not perjury.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

good luck with finding a judge to interpret who gets to determine if a state of war exists between the usa and another country
that power is expressly given to congress in the constitution

If I did not make it clear enough earlier: JUDGES DO THE L WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. Let litigants be D***ED!

People have been relegated to spending upwards of $50,000 to pursue relatively trivial matters through the appeals process.

Jared's legal team must be salivating over an appeal to defend Jared and to advance his cause up to the Supreme Court. Billable hours will add up to far more than $50,000 TIMES TEN!!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

yeah judges always re-interpret who gets to declare war in the usa
that crap happens so much you wouldnt believe it.......

of course you do have a source to back up your opinion dont you?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

yeah judges always re-interpret who gets to declare war in the usa
that crap happens so much you wouldnt believe it.......

I never said that.

But a judge can say, if she so desires, whether there is a bona fide war in progress despite the fact that there's that pesky formality by which Congress declares war. BTW, did Congress declare the Civil War, or was that exclusively Lincoln's doing?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Selling a condo to a Russian civilian is not collusion or treason. America and Russia are not at war. An American can legally sell anything to a Russian.

Plans to build atomic weapons? Tell it to the Rosenburg's

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

A war has to be declared by the Congress. Such as the war on terrorism which includes the Iraq war and the Afghanistan war.

That was not a declaration of war, that was an authorization to use military force.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh, a prosecutor may make a case that the cyber attacks by Russia were, indeed, acts of war. Just because the U.S. did not engage in counterattacks does not mean that a war was not raging in the time frame of the colluding [misnomer] going on.

only congress can declare war
not some 2 bit prosecutor looking to make an name

Wow, when was the last time congress declared war? And how many "wars" have we been in since then?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

still no source for your opinion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join