It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Achilles Tendonitis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Anyone had this?

My god is it pissing me off, it's been months now, have orthotics, regular physio appointments, and although I can feel my foot getting stronger, the pain is a solid 7 all day every day.

Feel like an old man.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Not that but, I do occasionally experience ankle instability. Likely from too many untreated sprains and rolls over the years. I can only commiserate with you on the pain.
Rest, ice, drugs and I am wondering when the Doctors will suggest surgery?
It had been suggested to me in the past but, it's not a realistic option at this point.
I've tried many different shoes and have to learned to really concentrate more depending on the surface I may be travelling (walking/running/hiking etc).
I have a brace also that I use if I'm going to be on some really uneven terrain.
I've carried that freeze spray with me for so long that I have a can in every vehicle and backpack/bag.
Good luck and I hope you feel better and are able to have some relief soon!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I lost count of the times I rolled my ankle playing basketball, sometimes my ankles feel unstable like you say too, especially with heavy work boots on uneven ground.

Freeze spray sounds interesting, I've been taking iboprufen for the pain, and it does help, but it's not the best stuff to take too often.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Never had it, but if ankle instability is an aggravator, I think I'd do whatever I could to stabilize that ankle to keep from provoking outside controlled stretching and the like.

Also, heat and ice are your friends. Heat to loosen it and ice to reduce inflammation after activity.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Yep, me. Try "Mineral Ice" , it's like a gel. Before bed is the best time. You also might need to add extra cushion in your shoes. I use those Doctor Schools insoles.

It gets worse in cold weather.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Get plenty of heat during the day..might have to get a couple of ice packs for when my boots come off.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Good tip, can't get that specific brand in Australia, but we have similar types, it's a menthol based gel yeah?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Trueman

Good tip, can't get that specific brand in Australia, but we have similar types, it's a menthol based gel yeah?

That's right. Just get the strongest available. Don't forget to get the soles too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Been there went through that and had no fun what soever ...It takes time is all I know and oh ,its not a old age thing ,thank God . Mine came about from working on concrete floors and wearing the same foot where day in and day out . But yea just looking at it gave me pain ...best of luck .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Try Solomon Seal salve topically and its tincture 3-4x a day internally. Plant works miracles with tendons.

Also a good kinesiology tape like acti tape is a wonderful adjunct.
edit on 24-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I had it as a result of doing exercise...hiking and using the incline on the treadmill..

I realized that if I stretched and massaged my ankle/calf muscles daily, the pain would go away.

It still can get painful if I massage the tendon, but I walk/run/climb without pain..

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I can help.

First you use these:

Then I go to work:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Here is one of the brands that I use. I don't know if it is available (or something like it) in your country.
www.biofreeze.com...
It's a very temporary solution but, it can help with the initial bouts of pain, the shooting jarring type from the first trauma. At least helps to get back to the vehicle or back home.
edit on 24-7-2017 by TNMockingbird because: changed the crap link

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I had it for 12 months in both ankles. Painful beyond belief, had hospital treatment by massaging the leg and ankle. Nearly screamed with pain every time. I was issued with an ankle strap. A large black strap that supports all of the ankle with padded areas to help massage the tendon. Make sure you warm up your tendons every time after resting by doing gentle lunge movements.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ever the caring type!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Don't let it get around. I got a reputation to uphold.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You may be able to get some relief using this self massage technique, also I would recommend looking into a myofascial release therapist in your area, usually it would be a massage therapist or physical therapist would would have been trained in that technique.

I hope you find relief!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I have it plaguing my existence as well (I'm a runner, so it sucks), but the severity of mine comes and goes, and as the tendon warms up, the pain generally goes away. There are times, though, that any direct pressure on my heel (like putting a bare foot up on my coffee table) really hurts.

Are you certain that it's not something else--maybe a bone spur--that is enflaming and irritating the tendon? I've had that issue in both shoulders (17 days post-op for my left shoulder as I type this...right shoulder surgery was 9 years ago), and it was always suspected that there was a tear or something similar involved when it was just a bone spur causing constant and consistent inflammation.

edit on 24-7-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I use a neoprene wrap that I bought at the local pharmacy. It still aches at night, especially in the humid weather, but it isn't half as bad during the day and it really helps with the stability problems.

Let me note that I don't have tendonitis, however, like you, I've rolled it too many times in my youth and am paying the price in my dotage.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I used to have it, and it's no fun.

I took the holistic approach though as I'm not a fan of much of what I've had doctors suggest.

Think of your Achilles as one of the tightest rubber bands in your body. This condition seems to plague tall people. I got rid of it by stretching every morning (in a hot shower makes it easier).

Once I could touch my toes with ease it wasn't long before it took care of it self.

Also I'm sorry for any imagery I may have cursed anyone with

top topics

<<   2 >>

join