It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POPS [ privately owned " public spaces ] a rising problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They pull the same crap with southern california beaches.

Rich jerks in malibu buy beach property but then dont understand neither where their property legally ends and the public beach begins or legal easement laws. Then they send down their doofus security guards to threaten you with arrest for trespassing.

edit on 24-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Man, if this isn't Science Fiction coming true to life I don't know what is. There is zero chance this get's "better" from there, as it will be the foot in the door to corporate Police fighting City cops over rights to arrest and harass citizens. Yeah I know it's pretty hyperbolic but it is the logical next step, and precisely what always happens in stories.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I do wonder how much these people www.innerlondonramblers.org.uk... may be doing to keep ancient rights of way and the legal right to roam open in the POPS areas?

Here in the East, local Rambler groups are very active, ensuring landowners are not legally able to prevent walkers crossing their land and protecting the right of future generations from doing so.

What bugs me, in the article, they mention how benches are designed to make it impossible for people to sleep on them. These corps pay people to design street furniture to prevent rough-sleepers catching a wink, just as described in the article, the homeless guy and private security people watching him to see if his eyes are closed!

Big corp and govt being to tightly bound; local authorities refusing info under FOI, private corp not being legally obliged to publish their 'rules'. Disgusting. To my mind, this is all evidence of growing post-modern fascism where the state partners with faceless orgs to disempower and further erode the rights of individuals.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

So, in these spaces, the owners could do basically whatever they want, and not follow the local laws? Seems they'd still be bound by those. Now, of course, there are laws that do allow various things on private property, which people might avoid if they were aware, and that could be a problem.

Any examples of how this is being handled thus far? Plus how are they able to purchase what should be public land in the first place?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ignorant_ape

We have a similar grab for public lands in the western US states. The Republican party and Trump want to open the public lands for fracking and mining and private ownership.

I'd say that's because of things like this. Massive government land grabs should be reversed.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I did not read where my state received any new public lands. We do not want to lose anymore to carpetbaggers in Idaho.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I did not read where my state received any new public lands. We do not want to lose anymore to carpetbaggers in Idaho.

Not sure which states did, but there was a LOT of land-grabbing. Can certainly understand the concern, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join