It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to your future Millenialls and Gen Y... welcome to Neo-American Feudalism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Milenials have served in a volunteer military. Those serving are the cream of the crop, not the average Joe who's draft card got picked 45 years ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Milenials have served in a volunteer military. Those serving are the cream of the crop, not the average Joe who's draft card got picked 45 years ago.

What happens in a volunteer military is not the "cream of the crop". What you get are the impoverished and desperate, at least on the enlisted side, who have no hope of paying for college, or who psychologically, know that they are not equipped to make it in and unsheltered world on their own, so they need the military to act as a surrogate parent for them.

Not all of them mind you, but enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I understand you are a special person, but we underated "Joes" managed without pouting because it sucked. Nor did we play the victum of our patents

And here I'll cease this conversation that only time and adverse situations will show the truth. I can only hope your generation remain free long enough to care about your future. I fear bad times are close at hand.
I salute you who are may be about to die.

VF

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

what a load of horse crap.

We fought banker ears in the Middle East for 15 years however you spin it.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: TacSite18

I applaud your work ethic and good on you for doing well.

I am curious though, what if literally everyone took the same path as you?

Do you think there would be enough resources and who would fill the menial low paying and laborious jobs ?

I believe many menial jobs, not all, will be replaced by automation. When was the last time you took a bucket to the pump to get your water?
There are already machines that can do most fast-food jobs. Even legal research, usually done by junior lawyers is being automated.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Indeed the machine will take over, there will be fewer and fewer jobs, poverty will increase and those that have will say lack of hard work and ethics are the reason 90% of people are broke. Fun times.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

white collar jobs going the way of the dodo

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You military?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

former, vet
edit on 25-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

white collar jobs going the way of the dodo

The future is what it is. I Wii be retired and not too worried. I saved all my life, and invested well.

If white collar jobs are gone, and machines do all the manual labor, then what is left?

Engineers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join