It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Donald J. Trump Can Become a Democrat He Would Accomplish More as President.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: carewemust

Yes there were. And as I also recall, initially they were the majority of posts about him. However,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He accidentally tapped into the mother lode.

Emphasis on accidentally.

It's unreal how candidate Trump kept rising in the polls and defeating other Republican candidates while insulting them, the media, a deceased soldier's parents (Mr./Mrs. KAHN), and describing how to grab puzzies.

Americans must have really hated Obama's policies, and his anointed replacement...with unprecedented passion.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Did u really just say in the op that the russia thi g would 'go away' if he switched to democrat? How would that even work, are you implying that the whole russia thing is just the democrats being pissed off because he won? And if he switched over it would "magically" disappear as quickly as it appeared?
Im confused on that statement at the end of your op, could you clarify it for me? And why did nobody else pick that up, did anyone read the whole post?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

You defined it well, NeoMaximus. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It had little to do with Obama and a lot to do with Clinton. It was a lose lose election and even I was tempted to vote for the Don to egg on the catastrophe, but because I knew it was wrong and petty to do so I stuck to my principles and voted for Garry in hope that the next election there would be a chance to fix things.

Unfortunately, too many people succumb to their darker side of competition and remain short sighted so next election third parties will remain underfunded unable to compete against the two parties.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This description, in a nutshell, is why Donald Trump should do what he needs to do, to get the most accomplished for the American people..

""Six months after seizing complete control of the federal government, the Republican Party stands divided as ever — plunged into a messy war among its factions that has escalated in recent weeks to crisis levels.

Frustrated lawmakers are increasingly sounding off at a White House awash in turmoil and struggling to accomplish its legislative agenda. President Trump is scolding Republican senators over health care and even threatening electoral retribution. Congressional leaders are losing the confidence of their rank-and-file. And some major GOP donors are considering using their wealth to try to force out recalcitrant incumbents.

“It’s a lot of tribes within one party, with many agendas, trying to do what they want to do,” Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) said in an interview.

Source - 7.23.2017: www.msn.com... &ocid=spartanntp

Presidents typically have their biggest accomplishments in the first 2 years. 25% of that time has already elapsed!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If President Trump went to Democrats and said, ""I want to implement Universal Healthcare. I promised a "beautiful" health plan for America that leaves no one behind.""

Can he do that as a Republican President?

Yes he can do that, but then he would become exactly what we do not want, a lying democrat just like Pelosi, Harry Reid, and especially Barack Obama. The most deceitful people on the planet. If Trump did this, and said all of that, and became a democrat- it would be the same bogus promise that the democrats made.
And always remember, a lying republican is much more moderate and softer when lowering the "boom" historically speaking.
HAHA!

edit on 23-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It is not the answer.

If the republicans will not pass legislation they promised to pass,
changing horses is not the solution.

Look at the Dem party and the people in it,
they are opposed to everything that Trump promised to do.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Caver78

I think that all he was doing in the first place was building his brand so that after the election he could use that as support for whatever business concoctions he would venture into. Alt press was the main guess by many.

I remember ATS being filled with posts of members saying that candidate Donald Trump was not serious about winning. He only wanted to fatten up his show-biz resume, so he could start a new reality TV show, or something similar.

Lmao, I remember that too!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No matter what party he went to, he was going to be blocked by the powers that be. And he is still going to be blocked by the powers that be. You have a man in "power" but powerless to use that power because of lack of cooperation. This lack of cooperation would have followed him anywhere he went.

if you still dont think the system is rigged you are sadly mistakened. As much as I like some of the ideas Trump puts out, the reality here is that he is not gonna succeed unless there are major changes in politics as a whole. And some people have too much invested to give up their positions. Do not forget who really is in control The Feds. Ron Paul had the right idea on ending it for a good reason.

I hope I am wrong, but, you need to understand, TPTB want global control, and Trump is the opposite of that control. (So they will try their best to get in his way at all costs.)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Only a fool would post such a thing,just because you liberals want your own way,ignorance ans stupidity from Democrats are the ones starting lies,racism,you low lifes want the world to care for you,get a job and support yourself,and some balls

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That would be interesting. Trump would have to give up his Mexican wall, repeal of Obamacare, his Muslim ban, and his anti global warming stance, tax cuts for the rich, and then he could be a democrat.

If Trump did that he might end up a great president, but this is unlikely.

So to be a Democrat he would have to have open borders, leave a failed healthcare bill in place, allow terrorists unfettered access to our country and give away billions to the global warming scammers? I guess we can see why Democrats had their ass handed to them.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If President Trump went to Democrats and said, ""I want to implement Universal Healthcare. I promised a "beautiful" health plan for America that leaves no one behind.""

Can he do that as a Republican President?

He already basically promised that while campaigning.

Why would him lying AGAIN make a difference?

President Trump has advocated Universal Healthcare for All Americans several times since 1992. (I started a thread about this several months ago.)

The problem is that he's trying to work with Republican leadership to get them what THEY want, instead of going to both sides of Congress to get what's best for the American public.

After seeing the crap that the R's have come up with as a proposal to replace Obamacare I am rethinking my usually free market stand on healthcare. Medicare is good if it is supplemented with an extended coverage plan. It's been running for over 50 years now so administratively they got it down. I watch 2 parents and two parents in law being treated by Medicare and it was generally satisfactory. I'm recently using Medicare and I am happy with it.

Take off your political hats for a minute and think about it. Here is a medical plan that cuts the costs of the medical providers by many times 50%. They have great market power. What if Medicare was expanded for all? Dump the insurance companies, can you imagine the savings? All of the potential saving is something that one can imagine.

Now, Trump proposes this expanded Medicare for all plan. The D's would have to support it in large part as this is what they have been asking for. R's better support it or say bye bye to their seats. The public in large majority will love it.

Trump is a hero! Trump should start a well publicized study group right away. Scare the pants off of the R's. If he passed this program then tackle a real jobs program and a flat tax program.

Single Payer in the form of Expanded Medicare

I wonder what that would do to the economy?

You replace private enterprise with a public program - which might lower costs for people (IF you take the leap of faith that the govt would be more efficient!) - but may also lower wages and increase unemployment in the midst of a financial meltdown. You solve one problem and create a worse one?

Saying 'dump the insurance companies' is a bit like saying 'dump the banks'. The system would crash, no matter how romantic the idea sounds.
To recover, insurance companies would raise premiums on other forms of insurance - viola, initial crash followed by rising costs for people for home, life, car insurance etc.. that offsets any gain they made from reducing health insurance costs.

edit on 24/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Saying 'dump the insurance companies' is a bit like saying 'dump the banks'. The system would crash, no matter how romantic the idea sounds. To recover, insurance companies would raise premiums on other forms of insurance - viola, initial crash followed by rising costs for people for home, life, car insurance etc.. that offsets any gain they made from reducing health insurance costs.

Not a problem for these morons.

They will just declare auto and home insurance to be 'human rights' and then demand we pay for them to have them just like their healthcare.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Saying 'dump the insurance companies' is a bit like saying 'dump the banks'. The system would crash, no matter how romantic the idea sounds. To recover, insurance companies would raise premiums on other forms of insurance - viola, initial crash followed by rising costs for people for home, life, car insurance etc.. that offsets any gain they made from reducing health insurance costs.

They will just declare auto and home insurance to be 'human rights' and then demand we pay for them to have them just like their healthcare.

Ha, perhaps, but I think one thing is for sure... the 'single payer' bill would be lauded as a great victory for Democrats in Washington, whilst the reality on the ground would have made people's lives worse. Not that Washington would care... as long as they had their PR for the media to push for them when the next election rolled round.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Metallicus

Ha, perhaps, but I think one thing is for sure... the 'single payer' bill would be lauded as a great victory for Democrats in Washington, whilst the reality on the ground would have made people's lives worse. Not that Washington would care... as long as they had their PR for the media to push for them when the next election rolled round.

Lawmakers have their own amazing healthcare plan.

They don't care what they do to us with crap like Obamacare and single payer.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

For starters, Democrats would never elect such a vengeful, narcissistic idiot to be so much as dog catcher, much less POTUS.

Trump would go nowhere as a Democrat and NO, it wouldn't make the Russian investigation go away either.

The Russian investigation is here because the Russians own the entire Trump family.

So don't be trying to throw your lying assed, pussy grabbing, handicap mocking, pageant peeping, king of idiots, over to our side of the isle.

In case you can't tell, we want absolute nothing to do with your beloved Russian messiah.
edit on 24-7-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Americans must have really hated Obama's policies, and his anointed replacement...with unprecedented passion.

Not all Americans. But those who did had a variety of reasons to do so, I saw the Trump victory as an accumulation of angst among a spectrum of people with different reasons for concern. As much as I find him to be a moron and a charlatan and a generally repulsive person, there was a point that I gave him consideration,as someone who might be the focal point of a positive repeal and replace to the entrenched power blocks in government. But it turned out that for me at least, that moment of consideration was very short lived.

Then he won the election and I thought 'yeah, give him a chance. He promised to gather '' the best people'' so maybe he could gather the smartest people from the business world and things might get rolling. But then most of what he managed to do was to gather his family and some of the idiot political hacks that had spurred his election.

I understood why so many supported and voted for him. I have many family and friends who did. What I don't understand is how people continue to do so in light of his first six months and the stupid stupid things he is saying and doing. It is frustrating and often leads me to saying things to people that are unkind.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

a reply to: Caver78

I think that all he was doing in the first place was building his brand so that after the election he could use that as support for whatever business concoctions he would venture into. Alt press was the main guess by many.

I remember ATS being filled with posts of members saying that candidate Donald Trump was not serious about winning. He only wanted to fatten up his show-biz resume, so he could start a new reality TV show, or something similar.

Lmao, I remember that too!

If Republicans phuck up the Repeal of ObamaCare this week, President Trump needs to call Chuck Schumer and begin working out a big agenda for America.

Repubs fail on their #1 promise, no way they'll fulfill any of the other things. BTW...what other things have Republican's promised? Seems to me it's been nothing but Repeal ObamaCare...for years.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Remember when candidate Bill Clinton ran on his version of "Drain The Swamp"? Brought in a lot of fresh faces, but it backfired. He replaced many. Inspite of his escapades, Bill Clinton turned out to be a great President, after the initial learning curve. (IMO, of course.)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Remember when candidate Bill Clinton ran on his version of "Drain The Swamp"? Brought in a lot of fresh faces, but it backfired. He replaced many. Inspite of his escapades, Bill Clinton turned out to be a great President, after the initial learning curve. (IMO, of course.)

I voted for Bill Clinton and I agree that he did some good things. But once he began working with Newt Gingrich and the Republican congress, he screwed the pooch.

Semen on Monicka Lewinski's dress wasn't the only mess he left for others to discover and deal with, but it was definitely the least significant.

Bill Clinton gave us NAFTA, he signed into law the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and he awarded China with America's Permanent Most Favored Trading Status.

Those three things changed the entire economic landscape and opened the floodgates to the outsourcing of American industry & jobs.

I agree that Bill Clinton seemed like a decent POTUS at the time, but as it turns out, the experience was more akin to being unwittingly exposed to a radioactive hot particle that took 8 years to metastasize into full blown cancer.

In reality G.W. Bush had far less to do with the 2008 economic meltdown and following recession than Bill Clinton & Newt Gingrich did.

If I had it to do over, I wouldn't vote for Bill Clinton a second time.

edit on 24-7-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join