It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Donald J. Trump Can Become a Democrat He Would Accomplish More as President.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Could happen! He sent out a "veiled threat" tweet this evening...

""If Republicans don't Repeal and Replace the disastrous ObamaCare, the repercussions will be far greater than any of them understand!" the president stated on Twitter on Sunday evening.""

www.politico.com...

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
He should switch to Democrat now.

It would show the public how the establishment contains most of the leaders of both parties... nothing would change.

He should denounce both parties and start his own.
America, and her citizens, first. Screw politics.
edit on 23-7-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Umberto
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you honestly think Trump is capable of working with anybody, he's a whiny silverspoon fed brat.

Given your contribution, I suspect it might be you who has difficulty working with people.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If President Trump went to Democrats and said, ""I want to implement Universal Healthcare. I promised a "beautiful" health plan for America that leaves no one behind.""

Can he do that as a Republican President?

He already basically promised that while campaigning.

Why would him lying AGAIN make a difference?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

It would show the public how the establishment contains most of the leaders of both parties... nothing would change.

Can Trump do that in time for the 2020 Presidential election? Actually, I think right now he should start working with both Democrats and Republicans. The core good things that Americans want, are common to both Democrat and Republican voters.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If President Trump went to Democrats and said, ""I want to implement Universal Healthcare. I promised a "beautiful" health plan for America that leaves no one behind.""

President Trump has advocated Universal Healthcare for All Americans several times since 1992. (I started a thread about this several months ago.)

The problem is that he's trying to work with Republican leadership to get them what THEY want, instead of going to both sides of Congress to get what's best for the American public.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump is famous for burning bridges on both sides which has made him an inept president.

He can accomplish some things through excessive Executive orders, but the things he promised that require the house and senate approval will be his failures. It is like he didn't understand that while twittering and running his mouth. He made some crazy promises to get elected like the "make Mexico pay for it" promise. Was he being a braggart liar or did he really not understand how the country works?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Trump isn't a Republican or a Democrat, he beat both parties for the White House. Republicans in Congress are as bad as it gets, but it does seem Trump is trying to drag them, slowly, kicking and screaming, towards a more populist agenda. Those that don't follow, hopefully will go extinct.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Trump isn't really Republican or Democrat.

He is moderate on social issues and conservative on fiscal issues. He isn't dumb enough to buy the climate change BS and he puts America first before special interest. He doesn't fit into what normally works in Washington which is why I find him so appealing.

He should just tell them all to screw off and let them fight over nothing which is what normal politicians do instead of their damn job.

edit on 2017/7/23 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

President Trump has advocated Universal Healthcare for All Americans several times since 1992. (I started a thread about this several months ago.)

The problem is that he's trying to work with Republican leadership to get them what THEY want, instead of going to both sides of Congress to get what's best for the American public.

After seeing the crap that the R's have come up with as a proposal to replace Obamacare I am rethinking my usually free market stand on healthcare. Medicare is good if it is supplemented with an extended coverage plan. It's been running for over 50 years now so administratively they got it down. I watch 2 parents and two parents in law being treated by Medicare and it was generally satisfactory. I'm recently using Medicare and I am happy with it.

Take off your political hats for a minute and think about it. Here is a medical plan that cuts the costs of the medical providers by many times 50%. They have great market power. What if Medicare was expanded for all? Dump the insurance companies, can you imagine the savings? All of the potential saving is something that one can imagine.

Now, Trump proposes this expanded Medicare for all plan. The D's would have to support it in large part as this is what they have been asking for. R's better support it or say bye bye to their seats. The public in large majority will love it.

Trump is a hero! Trump should start a well publicized study group right away. Scare the pants off of the R's. If he passed this program then tackle a real jobs program and a flat tax program.

Single Payer in the form of Expanded Medicare

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

That's what I said back in the heat of the 2016 election, when all the Republican swamp turned their back on Candidate Trump. He doesn't owe them a thing!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That would be interesting. Trump would have to give up his Mexican wall, repeal of Obamacare, his Muslim ban, and his anti global warming stance, tax cuts for the rich, and then he could be a democrat.

If Trump did that he might end up a great president, but this is unlikely.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

WhyWhyNot, you are VERY WISE. Congratulations on your flexibility. Sixty percent of my income comes from Health Insurance Companies. Yet I honestly feel that they should be removed from the picture.

With ObamaCare, they are already receiving a good portion of their revenue from the Federal Government. How? They take money from the U.S. Treasury in the form of Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTC) designed to lower premiums of ObamaCare customers, and send 80% of that money to Medical Providers for the treatment(s) they administer. The other 20% is the insurance company's profit.

The Federal Government, in a Medicare-for-all scenario, would send money directly to the medical provider...cutting out the health insurance companies.

It's a sound, common-sense approach. Like you said, most Medicare recipients are happy. So are most Medicaid, and V.A. recipients as well. All three are "single-payer" for those groups of citizens.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That would be interesting. Trump would have to give up his Mexican wall, repeal of Obamacare, his Muslim ban, and his anti global warming stance, tax cuts for the rich, and then he could be a democrat.

The "enhanced screening" (aka Muslim Ban) is only temporary. Either 90 or 120 days I think. Noone will even remember it in another 6 months, LOL.

Mexican wall isn't needed. Illegal crossings of that border are down a whopping 72%, simply from ENFORCING existing laws. (The Wall wouldn't stop Semi-Trucks filled with Mexicans.)

The "tax cut for the rich" will lower the tax rate to 15% for ALL Americans and Corporations. Less $$$ to Uncle Sam = more discretionary income for all. Will stimulate every area of the economy, thereby creating more jobs.

Global Warming isn't anything that Americans lose sleep over. Only Al Gore.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The "enhanced screening" (aka Muslim Ban) is only temporary. Either 90 or 120 days I think. Noone will even remember it in another 6 months, LOL.

Mexican wall isn't needed. Illegal crossings of that border are down a whopping 72%, simply from ENFORCING existing laws. (The Wall wouldn't stop Semi-Trucks filled with Mexicans.)

The "tax cut for the rich" will lower the tax rate to 15% for ALL Americans and Corporations. Less $$$ to Uncle Sam = more discretionary income for all. Will stimulate every area of the economy, thereby creating more jobs.

I understand what you're saying but political reality would dictate Trump giving up these policies in order to placate a new political machine in the democratic party, who like the GOP has political dogma that they require any candidate to accept a priori.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Well, kind of. More though is that he only branded himself a democrat because that was where he thought he could gain the most influence at that time. Trump is a chameleon, coloring himself and changing spots to draw people to him so that he might use them. Not unlike other manipulators. But where most politicians need to find a solid base from within one or the other of the political parties, Trump plays both ends against the middle.

I think that all he was doing in the first place was building his brand so that after the election he could use that as support for whatever business concoctions he would venture into. Alt press was the main guess by many. He knew that Clinton was the chosen so he ventured into the weak field of Republicans and surprise surprise, his spouting of conservative rhetoric drew in more than he could imagine. He accidentally tapped into the mother lode.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Caver78

I think that all he was doing in the first place was building his brand so that after the election he could use that as support for whatever business concoctions he would venture into. Alt press was the main guess by many.

I remember ATS being filled with posts of members saying that candidate Donald Trump was not serious about winning. He only wanted to fatten up his show-biz resume, so he could start a new reality TV show, or something similar.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying but political reality would dictate Trump giving up these policies in order to placate a new political machine in the democratic party, who like the GOP has political dogma that they require any candidate to accept a priori.

I think it's time start putting America and American's FIRST. If anyone can remake the political environment that we think is set in stone, Donald Trump can. The question is, does he want to badly enough?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes there were. And as I also recall, initially they were the majority of posts about him. However,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He accidentally tapped into the mother lode.

Emphasis on accidentally.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Mexico will pay for nothing. But guess what? America has 187 F-22 jets. Mexico has no fighter jet. Who NEEDS Mexico to pay for anything? Mexico can't even pay for itself. The US has enough budget to build the wall and keep their drugs out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join