It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Donald J. Trump Can Become a Democrat He Would Accomplish More as President.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
July 23, 2017

Everyone has noticed the increased level of frustration that President Trump is feeling, due to his party leadership acting like...no.. BEING cowards, and lacking in integrity, and leadership.

Today, President Trump's frustration is starting to turn to anger. He's now getting personal with his statements, by declaring that Republican leaders don't "have his back" on many issues, even though some "rode his wave" to being elected, and re-elected last year.

Trump Tweets Frustration 7.23.2017: www.bloomberg.com...

From the very beginning of his official campaign for President, a good portion of the Republican "establishment" actually worked against candidate Trump being the party nominee, and after he was the nominee, becoming President. This was tragic, and I get the sense that most establishment Republicans to this day, do NOT want President Trump to succeed. SIX months with Republican Donald Trump as President, and NONE of his major campaign promises have been fulfilled by the Republican Congress!

I'd rather be with a party that ACTS with unity and decisiveness, instead of one that can only show unity, when that unity is in saying "NO!" to former President Obama.

Besides, President Trump really wants what's best for working-class Americans. Unlike Trump, the current crop of Republicans never talk about job creation, lowering taxes, enabling health-care for all, etc.. It's like they no longer have a purpose...or mission. Very sad!

QUESTION: Since President Trump is flexible, and not a hard-core, life-long Republican, can he change parties RIGHT NOW and become a Democrat? Is there any law against this? After all, he has a much personal "free will" as the rest of us. Right?

If President Trump wants to make progress on issues that improve the standard of living for all Americans, on several fronts, I think he needs to become a Democrat. There will be enough Republicans coming to his side, to ensure that his big goals for improving American lives are accomplished. As an added bonus, the Russia witch-hunt will go away too! :-)

-CareWeMust

edit on 7/23/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
*Yawn*....

No.

link   
If you think Republicans are having to hard of a time choking down the crow needed to support him, how do you think the Democrats would do?

Don't forget, for Democrats it has nothing to do with Trumps policies. The only ones they hate are the ones they made up in their .. For democrats, it comes down to him saying he would grab a woman's crotch. That is a crow that is just too big to swallow I am afraid.

link   
Trump is a born again Republican. Good try though.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and every Democrat senator voted not guilty. It is not morals they care about, certainly not crotch grabbing which is actually a turn on for a lot of them.

However, black people would never vote for a white Democrat man. So that's the point.
edit on 23-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If President Trump went to Democrats and said, ""I want to implement Universal Healthcare. I promised a "beautiful" health plan for America that leaves no one behind.""

Can he do that as a Republican President?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
IIRC Trump WAS a Democrat for many years. He went Republican to run for President.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Trump is a born again Republican. Good try though.

But he's not a died-in-the-wool born again Republican like Ted Cruz. President Trump is more flexible when it comes to social issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
IIRC Trump WAS a Democrat for many years. He went Republican to run for President.

Then he can become a Democrat again ASAP. That's historically unprecedented, but we're talking about a Non-Politician here, who's used to doing what he wants to do, without checking in with "the boss" to see if it's O.K..

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ahh, poor potus. Has he forgotten all the things they called him before he won the election. Did he suppose that they would all just suck up to him like all the little toadies that followed in his business wake lapping up the spills he left behind him.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not a single Democrat superdelegate would vote for him at the convention. The reason he run as a Republican is so he can win the primaries.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Would it really make any difference???

I mean it doesn't matter what you call yourself or what color tie you wear.

What matters is what you want to do and what ideas you want to see happen for America and the American People.

Instead of being a Democrat or Republican why not just be a person. An American Person who is trying to do what's best for the American People overall.

It's a balance of providing some things that people want and need as well as restricting things that people need not mess around with or preventing things which cause harm.

Following parties just makes you less flexible in what you can do and say. Be original not a copy of a copy of copy of some BS party agenda. Be real. Be better. Be someone worthy of respect and worth following.

Who cares if you belong to a party.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have said for a while that he should encourage and lead a new caucus of moderate dems and moderate republicans. The whack jobs on the extremes are never going to wake up and start serving the people as opposed to their failed ideologies.
edit on 23/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If I wanted a democrat for president I would have voted for one.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ahh, poor potus. Has he forgotten all the things they called him before he won the election. Did he suppose that they would all just suck up to him like all the little toadies that followed in his business wake lapping up the spills he left behind him.

Yes. Until now, Trump seems to have forgotten that the majority of Republicans wouldn't campaign with him, even after he became the party's nominee.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Not a single Democrat superdelegate would vote for him at the convention. The reason he run as a Republican is so he can win the primaries.

That strategy worked, and America is better with Trump, instead of Hillary, since he has accomplished a lot already. But you need Congress for the really big ticket items.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If I wanted a democrat for president I would have voted for one.

The political title doesn't mean as much as the candidate's motives and goals. Do what works to get those goals accomplished, is what most Americans want, I would think.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He needs to form his own party like he almost did before going repub.

I would vote for him as a new conservative group. Better yet, much better, a libertarian group.

He needs to bring the other half of the blade to bear.

Republicans should be stripped of anyone still noble that props the party up.

edit on 7 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you honestly think Trump is capable of working with anybody, he's a whiny silverspoon fed brat.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
He should switch to Democrat now.

It would show the public how the establishment contains most of the leaders of both parties... nothing would change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join