It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Resigns from School of the Art Institute of Chicago After Social Justice Warriors Go Wild

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

In the twisted world of libs, anything can make sense. Even this crapfest of a story.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
More and more reason why I believe that "colleges" will be obsolete one day and everything will be virtual, not only are students getting tired of people being "triggered" and Colleges becoming a political recruitment tool, good decent professors cant even teach....

Were doomed to a whole generation of thin skinned ignoramuses

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
well this sucks because i have seen this for my self transgender who just chose the lifestyle to have a reason to fuss, this a wrong thing to do because people who have legitimate issues are being ignored.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yeah I dont respect people like these kids. Never will.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Leadership is sorely needed, and when there is a vacuum this kind of crap is what rains from the ceiling.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've got five children and do NOT recommend large universities as next steps after high school.

A community college is just fine.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yeah, and?

So If I have a theory that they find offensive they can cry like a 4 year old until they get someone fired. LMAO. I live in Chicago. I am going to find out more about this. Also I have to ask why people are such babies these days. I will never send my kids to these schools. Its a sad state of affairs.

It makes me very mad that these little kids get their way when they throw a fit. Its collage not daycare.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Aren't you guys ACTING like snowflakes yourself over THIS?

How are YOUR strong reactions that much different...?

If people are SUPPOSED to shut up and PUT UP -- why don't YOU?

Such retarded logic. Discussing the fact and stating how absurd it is that some students threw a hissy fit over nothing and got someone fired, is acting like snowflakes?

By your logic I can get you fired because your hairstyle offends me, and if you're upset about it you're a snowflake and have as worse reaction as I do? What a joke lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sounds like a situation were a round or two of Bitch slaps is in order.
EDIT to add: reply to the OP

edit on 25-7-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

“When I said the word ‘rape,’ the complaining student yelled, ‘Hey, where’s the trigger warning?’

real life does not come with " trigger warnings "

I am so glad I'm old.

If I weren't,, I'd have to put up with these weak, simple people.

try working with them.
fresh out of school and full of triggers they are.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

And can I get YOU fired for FIRING ME?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Oh thanks for the clarification. Basically that person was offended by the idea that transgender people are that way because of sexual abuse.

No. The trans person freaked out because it was suggested that Darger, a one of a kind something-autistic artist (whom authored and illustrated the longest book ever written 15,000+ pages), drew the kids like that because he may have been sexually abused (in the asylum I surmise).

And this LAME ASS trigger warning BS. I swear it is the lamest sort of thing to gain traction in all my life. It's like the worst kind of corporate product gimmick fad-craze, that never seems to go away. What does it achieve? If something being discussed happens to contain words se 'rape', before you say the word rape you have to say trigger warning? Okay. Now what did that actually achieve? How was the day of the person still not devastated because they heard the word rape before hearing trigger warning?

The way I see it, this demand for trigger warnings, plays out more like its being de facto mandated that you must pre-apologize before saying anything that might irritate someone. Even if the word that come up in the talk was someone elses quote! Like the 'magic word' to prevent you the messenger being 'shot' (er head torn off). Maybe deep down they realize how absolutely lame ass it is, and its intended to be a mode for self-censorship when people might decide not to even bother even bringing stuff up. I'm not even sure where the hell they came up with this lame assery. It's not like people are expected to say "excuse me" BEFORE they fart, nor is it a norm to annihilate them if they neglect to afterwards.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I have something to get off my chest...Professor Bonesteel? really?

Sexuality never used to be this complicated-you like what you see and that was that. I can understand how people can struggle with gender Identity but it's become so convoluted.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Swine babies shall inherit the earth

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: luthier

Do you think conservative parents create conservative children?

Yet another reason my wife and I are homeschooling our kids. I will say this much about it, my children are philosophically mini-mes. I'm raising them to take this sissified world by the throat someday and not let up until they're running the whole damn show. Words don't hurt my kids unless they were to come from me or my wife (which they don't) because my kids have been raised to support the simple ideology "If you don't matter to me, then neither do your words."

Well in my expirience it's complicated even beyond your ability to control. It's also based on your willingness to understand your child and develop their innate gifts.

I don't care if my child is liberal I just want him to have his own thoughts and not believe hype or recite scripts from partisan bs and respect an opposing idea if it's presented with civility.

I am much more conservative financially and in terms of federal expansion than the majority of Republicans yet am also socially liberal. I also am very supportive of organized religion (outside of government and civil enforcement of ideology) even without being a true believer.

So I agree it's very hard to reinforce these type of values for instance in public school.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

These things make my blood boil. How are these poor pampered dears going to get by once they leave the sheltered environment of their "safe" colleges and enter the real world?

There are no trigger warnings at your workplace, honey, so get a grip on yourself and grow the f*** up.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join