It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Resigns from School of the Art Institute of Chicago After Social Justice Warriors Go Wild

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Agreed,

But if we ignore the fact the colleges and Universities are basically head quarters of liberal stupidity I think we are doing a disservice. The same disservice we would do if we ignore the fact that anti-MJ is basically a right-conserve-corp quest. We need to be smart and objective and honest, or what is the point.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I agree but in terms of speech, it helps to leave room for the liberals who agree. Once the echo chamber roast fest starts meaningful debate just vanishes.

Unless your in a place where it's accepted as sport I guess. But still the mechanical issues are best debated.

Like we can't expect our universities to be personal schools for everyone. We have a social contract, we all agree to act appropriate to each other, hopefully even each others ideas, and then in private you are allowed to create what ever personal liberty you wish that doesn't involve breaking the contract (aka infringing on others). Liberal schools that don't allow conservative speech are ludicrous. If the person is really vile roast them in a debate. Like fine Milo can come and he can debate the philosophy professor in ethics. Have respected moderators from both viewpoints and go.

What is so scary about a jerk? If that's all they are they will be exposed by thoughtful debate.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Agreed, freedom is paramount. Drawing a new line for the ultra sensitive is not hard, but very complicated. Lawsuits and riots are very good motivators to take the easy way out and give in to the dribble like this story states.
Once "kids" stop signing up for these colleges is when it will change. Right or wrong have nothing to do with this, it is $$$.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Your stance is offensive to me. Please delete your account immediately or I will riot.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Once people quit enrolling in these colleges or parents refuse to pay tuition for their kids to go to them, colleges might start to put a stop to this crybaby sh!t. Mizzou is on it's way to bankruptcy since they gave in to BLM a year or two ago. They've had to close several dorms with no plans to reopen them. Parents and prospective students don't want to pay all that money to go to a school that allows this type of stuff to happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

No silly go tell the Dean.
Always remember the rules are there to be used as a weapon to punish any and all decent that doesn't fit into a, in this case, triggered trans lifestyle.
edit on 24-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Where to start, where to start? Please read the unbelievable story.

Professor Bonesteel (real name) made a comment about a common theory about artist Henry Darger's artwork of young girls with male genitalia. The theory was the artist may have been sexually abused.
So a trans student didn't like that and the student threw a sh fit so the professor made an apology letter with a research article with background on the theory that he may have been sexually abused that got the buttercup trans student upset.

On Dec. 12, when Bonesteel was leading a discussion about Chicago artist Henry Darger, whose artwork often depicted young girls with male genitalia. He mentioned the popular theory that Darger’s work might be the result of childhood sexual abuse — an idea that apparently frustrated one transgender student.

“The student said there was no proof that Darger was sexually abused, and therefore, I was wrong in proposing the theory,” Bonesteel said, noting that he agreed there is no definitive proof, but pointing out that it is a common theory among art scholars.

On the advice of a diversity counselor, Mr. Bonesteel wrote an apology for his “insensitivity” and posted it to a school website, attaching a research article with background on the theory he proposed.

2 days later another sensitive student lost their sh about a comic book's supposed anti Semitic "attitudes", and accused poor, poor professor Bonesteel (real name) of “racism and homophobia.” Also the student complained of lack of "trigger warning" about a batman comic book.

Two days later, the second problem cropped up in a class called “Comic Book: Golden Age to Comics Code when a student went off on a “long diatribe about perceived anti-Semitic attitudes” of Gerard Jones, the author of a book assigned to the class. The student proceeded to complain about the institute’s treatment of transgender and minority students and then accused Bonesteel specifically of “racism and homophobia.”

The student also complained about the lack of a trigger warning during a discussion about an implied rape in “Batman: The Killing Joke,” a comic book by Alan Moore.
www.back2stonewall.com...

The Dean of the college said Bonesteel (real name) was guilty of harassment based on gender-identity in violation of the School’s Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation.
And a month later the same student filed a complaint Aganist Bone steel on the basis of having been “troubled by the incident.” Leading to Bonesteel not being allowed to teach the stupid comic book class anymore. Bonesteel resigned.

“When I said the word ‘rape,’ the complaining student yelled, ‘Hey, where’s the trigger warning?’

In response to a complaint over that incident, the dean of faculty determined “it is more likely than not that your conduct in relation to this student constituted harassment based on gender-identity in violation of the School’s Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation.”

Sounds unbelievable, but it is there in black and white. Sad that we allow the sensitive to control a college.

Now, here's what I would have done if I was the dean of the college: I would have told these two frail students to shape up or shift out. If they couldn't handle something so laughably innocent as THIS, they don't belong in a college. They are in need of medical care and attention - preferably in what historically is known as an Asylum - but these days probably have a more flowery name in order to not upset anyone.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Agreed.

Welcome the riots then....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
FEELINGS STRIKE AGAIN.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

what

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Aren't you guys ACTING like snowflakes yourself over THIS?

How are YOUR strong reactions that much different...?

If people are SUPPOSED to shut up and PUT UP -- why don't YOU?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You sound like a good fit for a Dean of a college.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: DanteGaland

You sound like a good fit for a Dean of a college.

SIGN ME UP BRO.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Do you think conservative parents create conservative children?

Yet another reason my wife and I are homeschooling our kids. I will say this much about it, my children are philosophically mini-mes. I'm raising them to take this sissified world by the throat someday and not let up until they're running the whole damn show. Words don't hurt my kids unless they were to come from me or my wife (which they don't) because my kids have been raised to support the simple ideology "If you don't matter to me, then neither do your words."

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The biggest problem with this nonsense is it dooms the kids to a life of never fitting in, of not being able to hold or find a job and being outcasts in general, because who wants them around?

These kids are not triggered. They are little brats getting off on the power they have been given to disrupt things for attention and just because they are little brats.

The professor was right to leave and I'm sure there are credible schools that would consider this a point in his favor. They are not all nuts or controlled by cowards.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That student had an excellent opportunity to establish an early research career for themselves by writing their feelings and alternative interpretation as an academic article, especially as being transgender themselves.

Unfortunately, given the culture of no-one must be offended by anything they disagree with, that opportunity is lost.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Where to start, where to start?

How about you start by telling me what the Frak a 'trigger warning' is. Today is the first time I've ever seen that phrase.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

'trigger warning" is a warning given to a bunch of bong watered sensitive ninnies who are offended at the drop of a hat by differing phrases, that change daily. Keep in mind if you go the sensitive little pearl of preciousness's face book page you would see racism, all sorts of "trigger" language and sexual dysfunction.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thanks, that was pretty much what I thought it might be. So you're telling me that people have to guess what might 'trigger' someone else's... Anxiety? Hysteria? Bullcrap? Or they get fired?

How the F is that realistic?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join