It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Resigns from School of the Art Institute of Chicago After Social Justice Warriors Go Wild

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Your guess? Laughing out loud at present time.a reply to: Annee

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What i don;t understand is why the universities are not seeing these complaints as a great opportunity - it's basically self selection by absolute morons who have no business being in university. They should be expelled and sent back a few years in in their schooling so they can be cured.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: seasonal

“When I said the word ‘rape,’ the complaining student yelled, ‘Hey, where’s the trigger warning?’

real life does not come with " trigger warnings "

I am so glad I'm old.

If I weren't,, I'd have to put up with these weak, simple people.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Your guess? Laughing out loud at present time.a reply to: Annee

That's the problem... some people hear these things and want to investigate to see if there is something to them, when the response should be to these students, 'get lost, you annoying little sh**'.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Every one of those kids are a huge dollar sign.

Don't piss off the people paying the bills.

Plus these idiots riot and then get what they want. Leadership is lacking in colleges.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: UKTruth

Every one of those kids are a huge dollar sign.

Don't piss off the people paying the bills.

Plus these idiots riot and then get what they want. Leadership is lacking in colleges.

Probably the best, and only, argument for free college tuition.
Bernie should pick up on it - he'd actually get votes from conservatives if this was his reasoning.

edit on 23/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The funny part is, I bet the snowflake that complained probably doesn't even care about comic books.

SJW Marvel is a prime example of this. Marvel Comics has been in a sales slump for the past year since they drank the SJW kool-aid and started making all their comics about identity politics. Now their flagship titles are barely selling 20k copies.

This is what happens when you cater to SJW's instead of people who actually care.

Marvel executive says emphasis on diversity may have alienated readers

edit on 23-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

another sensitive student lost their sh about a comic book's supposed anti Semitic "attitudes", and accused poor, poor professor Bonesteel (real name) of “racism and homophobia.” Also the student complained of lack of "trigger warning" about a batman comic book.

This is f*cked up on so many levels.. I don't even have any other words. What the hell is this world coming to?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I am surprised they didn't complain that Bonesteel's name was triggering them too.
If I was Bonesteel, I would have destroyed the classroom after the first dummy opened his/her mouth.
The headlines would have been classic..."Bonesteel goes on a Rampage" or....you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

another sensitive student lost their sh about a comic book's supposed anti Semitic "attitudes", and accused poor, poor professor Bonesteel (real name) of “racism and homophobia.” Also the student complained of lack of "trigger warning" about a batman comic book.

This is f*cked up on so many levels.. I don't even have any other words. What the hell is this world coming to?

this reads like an article out of The Onion... between this and that "Barron Trump's Mysterious Adventure" book from the 1800s, I honestly don't even know what to think anymore
we may come to learn that prophecies are self-fulfilling when this is all said and done

or not, but either way I can say with conviction that it's been a hell of a ride. And as Bob Marley says in one of my favorite songs, "Time Will Tell"

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What depresses me most is that these people are OUR children & grandchildren. We've created these idiotic little sh*ts somewhere somehow along the road

These "children" are now ruining peoples' careers and possibly lives

We don't know whether these pupils had an agenda against the professor or not. It seems any kid with a grudge can get rid of any teacher or professor just by displaying a few tears in class

I could never be a teacher nowadays, the stress of watching everything you say and do and think must be horrendous

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Plus an arts teacher, who is more than likely liberal, has resigned.

The thing that either the far righties or lefties don't realize is that if you push the crap like hypersensitive trans triggering. Soon you being liberal (or conserv) ain't enough. And you will find your keister in the sling being accused of hating gays or trans or any other protected class of people.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Students are there To. Learn. That means the exchange of ideas, not the student railroading the Professor into teaching what THEY find acceptable. What are these people going to do in the real world, where they can't control every thought and spoken word around them? Sue every company they work for or go catatonic? Do you let a child have what they want, every time they want it, if they whine loud enough? That's exactly what they're teaching these students : "Whine loud enough and the world is yours' to command"
If you can't function in a world where other's ideas may offend you, you're not going to get far.
Ot do you support the actions of every snowflake who just can't stand... gasp! WORDS

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

What depresses me most is that these people are OUR children & grandchildren. We've created these idiotic little sh*ts somewhere somehow along the road.

The some how is trophies for showing up-teachers or parents not spanking kids-telling kids they can be an artist when it is obvious they can't-and not telling them to put the f'ing tablet device down and climb a tree or play kick ball.
It is not rocket science, it is lazy parenting.
edit on 23-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No.

They get jobs in HR and make sure everyone around them has to live and work according to their whim because they make the policy.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL. It has to be a satire. The irony of a SJW being offended by such picture is palpable.

Waiting for: "The rest of the story".

Per usual.

Always. If Fox News picks this story up then I'll know for sure.

Author, art critic, and longtime adjunct assistant professor Michael Bonesteel resigned from the faculty of the School of the Art Institute last month, citing a "toxic environment" that "feels more like a police state than a place where academic freedom and the open exchange of ideas is valued." www.chicagoreader.com...

Dean Wainwright, subsequently ruling on this student's complaint, found no violation of school policy, but determined that Bonesteel needed training on how to deal with "identity­related material" in his curriculum.

But, Hey!

Let's go with sensationalism.

Everything you quoted here backs up what the OP posted. Your point??

No, the professor does not need "training" on such maters; the student needs to be told to grow up and stop acting like a spoiled brat, demanding that no one ever say anything he finds offensive.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The problem is this professor worked at the college for 14 years, now he is forced to resign.

The PC strong arming brown shirts are long over due for a wing clipping. There is a need for even handedness, but if a student gets upset over a Bat man comic book some one needs to tell that student to shut up and sit down.

I quite agree, and that's wrong but even so, he'd have to be happier elsewhere. Not all colleges are run by idiots. Most, perhaps, but not quite all.
The really sick thing is, this whiny student now believes he's in the right, and the college is teaching hi that he can be a bully, and get away with it by claiming to be a victim.

Batman....sheesh! How did this poor student make it to college in the first place?? What about all the students he offends with his ridiculous behavior? Oh, silly me; I forgot. He's trans so he can do whatever he wants.

The lunatics really are running the asylum!

on the thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Truth bomb.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Is it really any different than its ever been? You can watch national lampoon spoofs from the 80's about college liberal protesting. We ebb and flow through periods of sharing ideas and listening, enhancing with meaningful debate and alternate ideas, to blaming, sensationalizing, dog wagging, propaganda,...

We happen to be at a low point in politics. People who blame "liberals" or "conservatives" for all the problems are the problems.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

How I wonder did this generation of parents get so lazy selfish and self absorbed? I'm happy I brought my children up to be independant free thinking polite adults but somewhere along the line such things became "untrendy"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join