It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Resigns from School of the Art Institute of Chicago After Social Justice Warriors Go Wild

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The point is the professor didn't make up the theory. The trans student wants everyone to be concerned about their sexual ID. No one has the grapes to tell the little darling that no one but them cares.

I know he didn't make up the theory. The theory is that many artists who paint things like that were abused.
It just seem like a satire.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: seasonal

IMHO, the moronic students should not be blamed. They are dumb, stupid kids who do not even have fully developed frontal cortexes. I blame the cowardly University administration. They are being steamrolled by a bunch of snot nosed brats instead of actually using the absurd tuitions paid to teach the imbeciles.

When the professors riot they will be listened to.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL. It has to be a satire. The irony of a SJW being offended by such picture is palpable.

Waiting for: "The rest of the story".

Per usual.

Always. If Fox News picks this story up then I'll know for sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

LOL. It has to be a satire. The irony of a SJW being offended by such picture is palpable.

Waiting for: "The rest of the story".

Per usual.

Always. If Fox News picks this story up then I'll know for sure.

Author, art critic, and longtime adjunct assistant professor Michael Bonesteel resigned from the faculty of the School of the Art Institute last month, citing a "toxic environment" that "feels more like a police state than a place where academic freedom and the open exchange of ideas is valued." www.chicagoreader.com...

Dean Wainwright, subsequently ruling on this student's complaint, found no violation of school policy, but determined that Bonesteel needed training on how to deal with "identity­related material" in his curriculum.

But, Hey!

Let's go with sensationalism.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Reasons don't matter to you?

After this incident, Bonesteel met with a diversity counselor, and, following the counselor's advice, posted an apology for his "insensitivity" on an SAIC website, along with a research article as background for the theory.

Dean Wainwright, subsequently ruling on this student's complaint, found no violation of school policy, but determined that Bonesteel needed training on how to deal with "identity­related material" in his curriculum.

Two days after the first incident, during a discussion in his other class, Comic Book: Golden Age to Comics Code, a student launched into what Bonesteel describes as "a long diatribe about perceived anti-Semitic attitudes" of the author of an assigned text, the well-regarded Men of Tomorrow: Geeks, Gangsters and the Birth of the Comic Book, by Gerard Jones.
a reply to: Annee

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It has gotten insane out there. We love to swing from oppression to over the top forced acceptance. Then back again because it got too crazy then back to anything goes then back again to wearing burkas, then back to wearing g strings popping out what's left of your pants...

It's really exhausting keeping up with it all.

One thing is for sure people sure have trouble accepting different ideas lately.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Snowflakes of the world unite, and GROW THE F**K UP.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

After this incident, Bonesteel met with a diversity counselor, and, following the counselor's advice, posted an apology for his "insensitivity" on an SAIC website, along with a research article as background for the theory.

Two days after the first incident, during a discussion in his other class, Comic Book: Golden Age to Comics Code, a student launched into what Bonesteel describes as "a long diatribe about perceived anti-Semitic attitudes" of the author of an assigned text, the well-regarded Men of Tomorrow: Geeks, Gangsters and the Birth of the Comic Book, by Gerard Jones.

I read the entire article.

This happened over a period of time.

The teacher seems to have some issues. And I'm not talking specifically about these incidents.

My guess is that there have been other incidents of some kind with this teacher.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Guess is right.

The incidents sound like little kiddies learned new buzz words and how to use them. And of course the college and dean are all but spineless.

But I imagine you see red and I see blue.

This does not sound even handed or logical on the college or student's side.

Bonesteel says the student also criticized "SAIC's policies toward minorities and transgender students specifically, leveling accusations of racism and homophobia toward me in particular." Bonesteel made a plea for patience "during this time of transition," but the exchange "heated up," and in the same session the student objected about the lack of a trigger warning during a discussion of an implied rape in another book. (Bonesteel says SAIC does not require trigger warnings.)

edit on 23-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

They were not offended by the picture, they were offended by the theory of sexual abuse lead to the artist drawing a vaguely trans piece of artwork.

Oh thanks for the clarification. Basically that person was offended by the idea that transgender people are that way because of sexual abuse.

They can find the theory offensive all they want, but they made a huge mental leap to assume that because the professor repeated it, that he thinks all transpeople are transpeople because they were abused. He was repeating a theory about why that particular artist created that particular work, no more, no less.

To get personally offended over that is to take it all way too personally.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I read the entire article.

This happened over a period of time.

The teacher seems to have some issues. And I'm not talking specifically about these incidents.

My guess is that there have been other incidents of some kind with this teacher.

Other incidents? That would imply that those two hysterical students freaking out and reporting him for NOTHING is in itself a bad incident the professor instigated. It isn't, and the professor did nothing wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Matters not to over sensitive trans who wear there sexual ID on their shirt sleeve, and demand everyone bend and quake in their presence. And of course watch what you say, cause they will tell, and get listened to.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

You are being logical. Stop.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Sounds like he'd be better off at a school that didn't allow such BS.

What a bunch of babies some college students are!!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The problem is this professor worked at the college for 14 years, now he is forced to resign.

The PC strong arming brown shirts are long over due for a wing clipping. There is a need for even handedness, but if a student gets upset over a Bat man comic book some one needs to tell that student to shut up and sit down.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

They were not offended by the picture, they were offended by the theory of sexual abuse lead to the artist drawing a vaguely trans piece of artwork.

Simple solution: Just ban professors from discussing theories in schools.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

And burn the books that have the theories in them.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

And burn the books that have the theories in them.

...and execute the researchers that come up with the theories.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

“When I said the word ‘rape,’ the complaining student yelled, ‘Hey, where’s the trigger warning?’

real life does not come with " trigger warnings "

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I guess triggers warnings better be in college now. Then there will be law suits against businesses. Then the 25 year old trans graduates will have a hard time understanding why they can't get a job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join