It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diesel Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Europe is at the center of a diesel pollution nightmare with nearly every single manufacturer showing signs of cheating, or at least manipulating software to hide the true results. This is rather epic, and ironic, as the U.S. has recently pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords. It also has to be said that the Japanese, and Ford of Europe cars are all contributing as well.

Europe has pushed the diesel engines hard over the last decade, but, at least in the UK, legislation is pending to now ban diesels, which means a lot of cars are going to be taken of the road, which means a lot of perfectly good cars are going to the junkyard.....to pollute further.
money.cnn.com...
www.motoringresearch.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Interestingly, there may be evidence that every German manufacturer may have colluded with one another to cheat emissions!
Evidence is emerging that diesel emissions are a cause of lung cancer, dementia and other serious illnesses.
www.gov.uk...
www.nhs.uk...

These findings, if proven, could really kill the German economy, and the Euro economy as a whole. IF I was in charge, I would exploit the hell out of this to bring the Euro down.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My vw diesel rabbit pickup was getting 40+ mpg in town running off recycled French fry oil not five years ago.

There's a lot of diesel conspiracies going on, one of which is keeping them off the streets in America.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That is less a conspiracy than knowing that diesels are nasty polluters. It's not like they are illegal, nobody in the US wanted them because they smell like a bus. I helped a friend do a french fry conversion on his f-350 ford pick up. It was cool and worked well, but now you cant buy the stuff, plus it takes a lot of nasty chemicals to do it right or else the fuel pumps fail.

A rabbit diesel pickup? I would keep that thing, must be one of two ever built! My cousin had one and you had to push it up a hill. I imagine that is where you are getting that extra mileage.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Cars are one thing but trucks need the torq ...

I dono how much the uk needs trucks but if we baned diesel in the usa alot of people would die

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

There are still a few dozen here, but most have rusted to dust.
When I bought it, only three cylinders would fire, still got her over 80 on the highway before... Well, too scared to keep pushing.

That was a great truck, but after replacing the floor boards I sold it to someone with more spare time.
I do still have the engine and transmission that came out of it- engine half rebuilt. Will make a good tractor someday.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

How dare you say that diesal pollution "causes" lung cancer! Everyone knows that only smoking can cause lung cancer. /sarcasm here

don't anyone ask why, since smoking rates have dropped, and smoking is banned everywhere, lung cancer rates have not dropped

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I've always said, it's amazing how they convince people that a wisp of smoke from a cigarette, "second hand" smoke, is more harmful for everyone than the 100s of thousands of TONS of toxins tossed into the atmosphere by chemical plants and vehicles EVERYDAY are. Yet, they have convinced people of just that. I find it rather amusing.
edit on 23-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Apropos of not very much, am I the only one who finds it grimly amusing that a car manufacturer founded by the Nazis has been secretly gassing people?

(Yes, I probably am)

*slaps wrists*

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Considering the error of WHO and the way they "identify" carcinogens, I would not be surprised to find that diesal fumes are not carcinogenic either.

but cancer is a good way to keep the fear alive, isn't it.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Quite possibly. Fear is what "drives" society it seems.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Here is a whole list of links, many of which are reputable studies. Go to any city and look at the buildings. They are covered in soot.
Anyway, the conspiracy is all the Germans and possibly Japanese, colluding to hide emissions data. Even GM is being looked at. It will be interesting as to what the European Commission will do about it. Especially with the Paris Climate Accord being their brainchild.

www.google.co.uk... chrome&ie=UTF-8

edit on 24-7-2017 by lakenheath24 because: added link

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

HAHA, I know what you mean, I was just a kid and he had that thing in Kentucky....you had to haul butt down the hill to make the next peak!!

top topics

join